Hot Toys Christopher Reeve DX Superman petition.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SnakeDoctor, I want the Batman that's in your sig.

As for Superman, I'll take anything - I don't care if it's DX or whatever, in fact, I'd be surprised if it was.

I swiped the art ... but I think its from an Arkham Asylum Desktop Wallpaper. DC Direct is releasing a Batman Black & White from AA ... it will be the first (and maybe only) B&W figure I'm getting.

arkham_statue.jpg

I'd like to see a DC Direct 7" line from the AA video game also, though.

So as to not be accused of completely derailing the thread -- I agree that I'd be on board with a CR Superman regardless of whether its a DX ... but I think the alter-ego angle for Superman lends itself particularly well to the DX treatment.

SnakeDoc

I swiped the art ... but I think its from an Arkham Asylum Desktop Wallpaper. DC Direct is releasing a Batman Black & White from AA ... it will be the first (and maybe only) B&W figure I'm getting.

arkham_statue.jpg

I'd like to see a DC Direct 7" line from the AA video game also, though.

So as to not be accused of completely derailing the thread -- I agree that I'd be on board with a CR Superman regardless of whether its a DX ... but I think the alter-ego angle for Superman lends itself particularly well to the DX treatment.

SnakeDoc

Oh yes, I have that on Pre-order too.
It will most likely be my only B&W Batman as well

A really hope the Reeve Superman stand is something special, like part of the Fortress of Solitude, and not just a bog standard MMS or DX stand.

A fancy stand of some sort would be pretty cool. Especially since BD Iron Man MkIII got a cool base, so did predator and numerous ones of the salvation line.

If was Fortress of solitude be awesome if it had a light up feature...

A fortress of solitude base with crystal console that was lit would be amazing (I'm desining one currently).
Something like a cross between the Cinemaquette base and the Wetafallen hero , with the console and a longer stand for a 'lift off pose'.

Weird comment from top-to-botom.

(1) I have a DX Joker, and it doesn't appear to have a "bubble head" (its spelled, 'syndrome', by the way);
(2) There have only been 2 DX figures released, so it is not possible for "the last 3" to have a bubble-head syndrome; and,
(3) You state you'd rather have a 2nd headsculpt than a PERS option ... but both DX figures have had a 2nd headsculpt AND the PERS option (sonar Batman and officer Joker).

So ... you're correcting a problem that doesn't exist (bubble-head syndrome) with a solution they've already implemented (2nd headsculpt)? I don't get it.

SnakeDoc

Sorry if i hurt some feelings here about the "Syndrome head" (sorry about the bad spelling) thing, i don't have a DX figure from Hot Toys btw, but i noticed that Bats without the cape and Joker without the coat the oversize heads are there. Is nothing that bad but since Chris Reeve docent have a coat and muscle suit is normal to be worried.

The Third DX is the Michael Jackson "BAD" here is a pic
https://www.cooltoyreview.com/photo...cooltoyreview.com/2010/HT-MJ-Bad-14.jpg&text=
If you don't see the oversize head here then there is no reason to talk about this matter. Still it looks amazing and i will probably buy it!:google

The second head sculpt is for example a Clark Kent vers. or Supes serious or happy vers. but no PERS! :lol

Thats my opinion. :joy

Cheers!

Alternatively to fortress of solitude... a pavement or concrete like base thats cracked or a bit shattered. Like he just come down like a ton of bricks or something

Alternatively to fortress of solitude... a pavement or concrete like base thats cracked or a bit shattered. Like he just come down like a ton of bricks or something

Been giving that some thought too....
Have found some sheet styrene/plasticard, embessosed with a tarmac pattern. It would be really easy to make a base from that.

Would look pretty cool though. Know its not the same film, but like when in Superman Returns and he drops onto Luthors real estate project

I actually like that idea better than the FOS idea ... Superman in the real world, not in his own fortress. But, I don't see it happening -- the memorable impact landing scene (Superman coming down hard on New Krypton) wasn't from a Reeve movie.

SnakeDoc

I just want them to make diagonal crystal blocks, then I could buy 400 of them and make my own Fortress of Solitude.

Sent an email to Hot Toys and seems like they are tight lipped about it.

My email:
I am a big fan of HT figures and would like to clear up one doubt. There has been a lot of talk about HT doing a Christopher Reeve Superman figure. Is HT planning on doing Christopher Reeve Superman figure? If yes, when can we expect a teaser or official announcement?

The response:
Thanks for your support & suggestion on making these figures!!

The information will be forwarded to our production team for their reference.

Please keep visiting our official website for getting our most updated news!

Best regards,

SA/ Hot Toys

It's not like we don't have pretty good confirmation - Howard said it in a magazine interview. Unfortunately he didn't give any time frame on when it would be announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back