Hot Toys Christopher Reeve DX Superman petition.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh, I'm betting on June for a teaser.

June was the month that Action Comics#1 hit the newsstands so is possible!
December 18 was the premiere of the movie so its possible the release of this figure!!!!:chew

I would like to see it in a premium format size, you think 1/6 will be good? Still he needs a muscle body.

Muscle body? Reeve wasn't scrawny but I wouldn't exactly call him muscular either. Honestly I don't want them to ruin this figure by slapping an Arnoldesque body onto him.

The thing about the premium format is that you can get the character with more accuracy than a 1/6 scale. The sculptor in a 1/4th scale has more space to sculpt the head, the body can have better proportions for example The Joker body is the same than Clark Kent from Superman Returns so when you put the outfit the both look the same in a way and the Superman suit is to thin, so it revelas a lot form the typical HT body. This statue needs a muscle body something that help us believe this is an ultimate figure! :naughty

Muscle body? Reeve wasn't scrawny but I wouldn't exactly call him muscular either. Honestly I don't want them to ruin this figure by slapping an Arnoldesque body onto him.

If you have noticed they dont have a typical muscle body they are diferent for every character so for reeves i think they should do fine, hope they dont go off like Cinemaquette did...:sick

Something akin to the body they used for Woverine or the Comedian would work well, dosen't need to be all that musular.

Something akin to the body they used for Woverine or the Comedian would work well, dosen't need to be all that musular.

Something like the Wolverine one after all you'll never get the suit of, the important thing is the proportion it cant look like a toy because if it do then even if the face is awesome then there will be no point on this.

Something like the Wolverine one after all you'll never get the suit of, the important thing is the proportion it cant look like a toy because if it do then even if the face is awesome then there will be no point on this.

Why? A toy Christopher Reeve is exactly what I want. And what I don't want is a statue or a 1/4 figure. ____ that.

I want a 1/6 scale Reeve Superman action figure that's as good as Hot Toys can make him, and screw the haters who are going to pick holes in it no matter what because there is no way to make a 'definitive' Reeve Superman - his physique changes from scene to scene in the films.

The thing about the premium format is that you can get the character with more accuracy than a 1/6 scale.

Not always. Nice likeness but too skinny.
review_t800pf_5.jpg

Why? A toy Christopher Reeve is exactly what I want. And what I don't want is a statue or a 1/4 figure. ____ that.

I want a 1/6 scale Reeve Superman action figure that's as good as Hot Toys can make him, and screw the haters who are going to pick holes in it no matter what because there is no way to make a 'definitive' Reeve Superman - his physique changes from scene to scene in the films.

Nothing has even been shown and people are already launching a preemptive strike on 'haters'! So what happens if they do something with the figure that upsets you? Will that make you a hater or will you be someone who merely has a valid criticism? All this talk of 'haters' in these forums is hilarious.

Nothing has even been shown and people are already launching a preemptive strike on 'haters'! So what happens if they do something with the figure that upsets you? Will that make you a hater or will you be someone who merely has a valid criticism? All this talk of 'haters' in these forums is hilarious.

'the important thing is the proportion it cant look like a toy because if it do then even if the face is awesome then there will be no point on this.'

I was responding to this, which itself sounds like a preemptive strike to me. I'd be astonished if I disliked anything about this figure other than the QC, but I'll be ready to make and hear valid criticism. Hearing there's 'no point' to a figure if the body looks too muscular, even if the HS is 'awesome'... that doesn't meet my definition of 'valid'. A body that wasn't quite right with an 'awesome' Christopher Reeve head sculpt would not, in my opinion, be a 'pointless' figure.

a-dev, you hater! :D

Amusing people still call these toys though. Toys don't fall apart.

Not always. Nice likeness but too skinny.
review_t800pf_5.jpg

Keep in mind that Yulli and Kojun are working with HT so i think that shouldnt happend in this case, im not saying that the Sideshow sculptors are inferior but the other to persons have been very consistant lately :whip

Still waiting for an announcement/pic
June will be the anouncement :naughty (crossing fingers on this)

My point was that just because a particular piece is a PF doesn't mean it will be better or more accurate than 1/6 scale. Clearly, in this case, it's not.
I don't think the SS sculptors were inconsistent in this case, I think they were lazy. You should see the body without the clothes on...it's a disgrace. Don't get me wrong, overall, I like this PF, I own it, but I had to pad it up so it didn't look so lanky.
I have much more faith in HT that they will get a CR Superman right the first time out of the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back