Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It also will be Jedi focused I assume. I've always preferred the "scum and villainy" side of Star Wars.
[...]
One of the reasons I'm really looking forward to BoBF is that so far, it looks to focus on the scum and villainy, the crime lords, the bounty hunters, the dirty lived in parts of the galaxy. Hopefully they won't crowbar some Jedi in.

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

Of course nothing will go on without us seeing a lightsaber or two. But I would REALLY like for Jedi not to be the focus of every single last thing we see. Mando skirted that issue pretty well, they kept Jedi to a minimum.

I am down with not seeing a single Jedi in BoBF. I dont think we'll get that lucky, but still.

Funny I remember even Kyle Katarn going full Jedi in Dark Forces II. The EU was full of lightsaber wielders. I do wish Star Wars could flesh out more of the underworld like in Solo and Shadows of the Empire but the force and lightsabers will always dominate the IP.

As for Eclipse, I’ll reserve judgement until we have way more details. So far it seems intriguing and is being developed by a studio known for storytelling, Quantic Dream. Best case scenario Lucasfilm allows them enough creative freedom to flesh out the High Republic era. Either way I am excited it’s not EA and it’s the second first person player game since Disney acquired SW.

Excellent hi-res cinematic trailer. I'm sure it'll get cancelled like all the rest.

If not, it'll look nothing like the trailer.

Am I jaded by anything related to decent Star Wars games (or lack of them) and The High Republic.......yes
Agreed.
I'm not a gamer so easy pass for me. That "High Republic" era holds no interest to me either. Was that Kathy Kennedy coming out of the black oil/tar at the end?
It also will be Jedi focused I assume. I've always preferred the "scum and villainy" side of Star Wars.
I grew up with the OT and the EU material pre-PT. I think there was a lot more stuff out there, books and comics, that wasn't about the Jedi/Sith and the Force.
The PT was so Jedi/Sith focused (which of course it was giving the setting/time period) and since then, feels like Force stuff, lightsabers, Jedi etc has become the big majority of Star Wars in general.
For me Star Wars has always been more than lightsaber go vroom vroom. So many fans these days seem to just want Jedi leaping about with lighsabers and using op Force powers.
I miss the pre PT days where Jedi weren't so powerful and superhero like.
There was the odd comic about ancient Sith sorcerers that had great power, but compare the powers of OT Jedi/Force users from the movies and books/comics, to what they do now. They've become Marvel superheros and they bore me.
One of the reasons I'm really looking forward to BoBF is that so far, it looks to focus on the scum and villainy, the crime lords, the bounty hunters, the dirty lived in parts of the galaxy. Hopefully they won't crowbar some Jedi in.
Not sure I explained it very well.
Anyway, that was a long old man rant as to why I won't play this game when I could have just said I don't own a game machine thing.
Yeah I aged from OT into EU. The PT was a bunch of Jedi jerking off. With what the Lucasfilm novel writers/game makers did with Jedi, it felt really special. Jedi isolated and Luke bringing the band together. That felt special and the PT never brought that to me. The Fallen Order game I have to say was pretty good. I didn't really care for the supporting characters or frankly the story, but the development of Force powers and the focus on your character's journey brought that feeling back some. I miss Katarn, Horn, Master Luke, Mara Jade. All of that has been taken away from us with new agenda driven material. Sad the money they could have gotten from me if they just simply retold the stories of the EU characters and really brought them to light in more exposed mediums.
2024 release. I suspect the High Republic will dead in the water long before that.
I don't know. This is really seems like the Disney group's big IP that they will force on the fandom for awhile. D+ is Fav/Filoni territory for the time being and the story group really needs some justification for their existence. I have a feeling this will be around for awhile whether it is successful or not.

Agreed.

Yeah I aged from OT into EU. The PT was a bunch of Jedi jerking off. With what the Lucasfilm novel writers/game makers did with Jedi, it felt really special. Jedi isolated and Luke bringing the band together. That felt special and the PT never brought that to me. The Fallen Order game I have to say was pretty good. I didn't really care for the supporting characters or frankly the story, but the development of Force powers and the focus on your character's journey brought that feeling back some. I miss Katarn, Horn, Master Luke, Mara Jade. All of that has been taken away from us with new agenda driven material. Sad the money they could have gotten from me if they just simply retold the stories of the EU characters and really brought them to light in more exposed mediums.

I don't know. This is really seems like the Disney group's big IP that they will force on the fandom for awhile. D+ is Fav/Filoni territory for the time being and the story group really needs some justification for their existence. I have a feeling this will be around for awhile whether it is successful or not.
Yep Fallen Order was excellent. Really good use of force powers. At the end of the game you really felt more powerful and adept, compared to the start. Can't wait for the second one they are working on. If anyone hasn't tried it I would really recommend it. Very popular game.

By the time Fallen Order 2 arrives, maybe PS5's will be available to buy. Can't believe I wanted to get one this time last year, and still not easily possible. Bloody semiconductor shortage !!

Wish we got a HT Cal Kestis with BD-1 or even Jaro Tapal.
I would definitely buy a Cal Kestis and BD-1. Surely they will make him for Fallen Order 2. They had a video game line for Battlefront. Was more an excuse to make Snowtroopers and others but I'll take it.

Here's a decent review video for anyone who hasn't played Fallen Order. No spoilers, just a recap.

Last edited:
What made Star Wars cool was the Galactic Empire. The prequels at least had the Clone Army. What notable armoured troopers and warmachines does the High Republic even have?

What made Star Wars cool was the Galactic Empire. The prequels at least had the Clone Army. What notable armoured troopers and warmachines does the High Republic even have?
The trailer showed some but no idea if they will be memorable until the game is playable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back