Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I only read a few of the War of the Bounty Hunters but lost interest. The story was just so desperate. I mean getting all syndicates together for Han Solo, and Vader showing up. It all felt way too forced and contrived. Very poor writing.

This still all begs the question as to why this one guy and his one load of dumped spice is important enough to mobilize half the mercenaries in the galaxy to hunt his sorry ass down....? Fett and Dengar, just those two should beat him within an inch of his life just for all the bull**** he causes. I would be so sick and tired of Solo's s***! For real get out of my sight and dont let me catch you in this quadrant again

I only read a few of the War of the Bounty Hunters but lost interest. The story was just so desperate. I mean getting all syndicates together for Han Solo, and Vader showing up. It all felt way too forced and contrived. Very poor writing.
It only got more desperate as it went on (eg the forced introduction of The Knights of Ren). The whole story was totally unnecessary and had no direction. We already had Shadows of the Empire which covered this time period far more expertly. I don't care if KK and the House of Mouse decided it's canon or not, it's still canon in my head, WOTBH is not.

Last edited:
It only got more desperate as it went on (eg the forced introduction of The Knights of Ren). The whole story was totally unnecessary and had no direction. We already had Shadows of the Empire which covered this time period far more expertly. I don't care if KK and the House of Mouse decided it's canon or not, it's still canon in my head, WOTBH is not.
Amen, much like there are only 6 movies in the Skywalker saga for me :)

Attachments

• 269680825_10159999897822244_8395695259167190797_n.jpg
    269680825_10159999897822244_8395695259167190797_n.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 37
Thanks for the new TV spot. Excitement is mounting !!

Still disappointed with those Gamorrean guards. Just looks like a dude with a mask on. Why couldn't they stick with the ROTJ Gamorreans ??

View attachment 551312

View attachment 551313

Totally agree on the Gamorreans. Mando season 2 had the weird skinny guys and now BoBF have these very mask like faces.
They just can't seem to match the fantastic ROTJ look.
Kinda like how all these years and attempts, no one can match up to Stan's original "Jungle Hunter" Predator.
I like em more than "we skipped leg day.... and arms day... and everything else day... and we're on a diet" Mando season 2 Gammies though.
Really excited for this though. Not been this hyped for Star Wars for many many years.

I meant that crimson dawn is a black sun ripoff. Shadows of the empire for life!!!
Idk Maul is better than Xizor. I never liked Xizor or his android that doesn’t fit in Star Wars. Guri was her name? We have plenty of cyborgs but never a synthetic humanoid that passes for organic. I liked a lot about Shadows of the Empire but Xizor trying to compete with Vader doesn’t make sense to me. The Underworld elements of SW usually shy away from Imperial space a la the Hutts.

If Cad Bane makes an appearance in BoBF, I hope he gets to keep his theme like Ahsoka did;

Last edited:
Its only like 35 seconds, but I love how alive the background looks.

Last edited:
I hope to God that’s a cut scene, that is some seriously bad wooden acting by both of them there. It’ll all be alright be on the night… won’t it?! Yeah, I’m sure it will, just a very poor choice of clip to use to hype up the show, I reckon it’s not even in the actual show.
Totally agree. Very confusing WTF were they thinking giving that out ?

I hope to God that’s a cut scene, that is some seriously bad wooden acting by both of them there. It’ll all be alright be on the night… won’t it?! Yeah, I’m sure it will, just a very poor choice of clip to use to hype up the show, I reckon it’s not even in the actual show.

Totally agree. Very confusing WTF were they thinking giving that out ?

It's an odd one, but it's clear they've been trying to show as little as possible seeing as many of the lines repeated through trailers and teasers are spoken in that clip.

Unfortunately it speaks to the often overly secretive LFL still being not great with marketing. The article was written by someone who can't even distinguish between the use of the generic word empire in the clip versus the Galactic Empire.

I get that it’s using the same dialogue from most of the trailers and tv spots we’ve seen, however it doesn’t sound the same to me. This is very lacklustre and low energy, almost like a first take. That’s why I get the feeling this take isn’t the take we’ll see in the actual show. Personally I’d like to pretend I never saw it and just look forward to the show now.

I get that it’s using the same dialogue from most of the trailers and tv spots we’ve seen, however it doesn’t sound the same to me. This is very lacklustre and low energy, almost like a first take. That’s why I get the feeling this take isn’t the take we’ll see in the actual show. Personally I’d like to pretend I never saw it and just look forward to the show now.

It's pretty common for them to use different or throwaway takes for trailers and teasers these days.

Even if this is in the final cut, it just seems like a really awkward snippet taken on its own. So yeah, best to pretend to not have seen it. I'm sure it will be fine.

And if what I've seen of the plot line is true, it is fully understandable why they've limited all their teases to what will pretty much amount to just the first episode or two. Similar to their secrecy about the later half of The Mandalorian Season 2.

"Jabba ruled with fear...I intend to rule carrying my iconic helmet upside down...". I'm all in on the BoBF and if you've seen my collection, I'm as big a fanboy as it gets but to me this scene in particular highlights the oddity of having the helmet off. You're walking through the streets talking about the challenges of maintaining order and ruling and you're doing so without the helmet that identifies you as one of the badest mofos in the galaxy. To me, this is a scene that would've been much better with both wearing their helmets. Take the helmets off when they're alone to demonstrate the trust they have in one another, but otherwise keep the helmet on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back