Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mandalorian had grogu. Without the cute factor, its not nearly as big of a hit. Grogu got the kids and women aboard. Boba doesn’t have a cute character to market to women and kids. All they have is nostalgia and we are going to be pumped full of it. I tried to rewatch the first episode last night and I liked it even less.

At first i felt all :panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:at these strong sentiments, but now I have prepared a more measured response.

SIR.

1. Mando did not need Grogu. Grogu was a nice little grace note. The show would have handily survived without him.

2. Guess what? Boba doesnt need a cute sidekick either. Boba has almost literally been worshipped by millions of fans of all ages, for like what?!! FORTY YEARS?!!! 40 years of little boys knowing they were gonna grow up to be just. Like. That. 40 years of boys growing into men, idolizing him. Just the male audience is one thing.

And!!!!! And. The ladies. Allow me to assure you that the ladies love both Mando and Boba with no little green bogwings present. The thirst for Mando/Pedro Pascal is strong with the Force. And the thirst for Boba/Jango/Morrison almost defies belief. This is a 61 year old guy, presenting as bald and heavily scarred in these series. And trust me: he. Can. Still. Get. It. All of it.

Women are watching this new series with great interest. I am in forums men almost never go to and trust, women are watching and discussing. It seems obvious that Morrison has been hitting the weight bench hard, and its appreciated. 99.999% of women do not give one single damn about this so-called "dad bod." We truly do not care if he is not sculpted perfection.

Therefore i must respectfully disagree that the only thing that draws in female viewers is a cute baby. Cute babies do not hurt. But LET ME TELL YOU. That aint it.

I rewatched yesterday and saw a ton of stuff I missed first time around.

*gets off soapbox

Last edited:
I think Mando did a good job putting SW back on the table. My wife and I were the only ones that watched the Disney SW movies (She only went because I wanted to watch them). Now, everyone I know are watching BoBF because they watched Mando. BoBF don't need a cute factor, he just needs to be more badass than what we've seen so far. Having another kid/cute character might not make the show better. It makes the shows cookie cutter like.
I guess it could be the whole bait and switch for impact like when reading a book and the first couple pages are intentionally boring just for that moment of excitement to come out of nowhere and from there the story never lets you go. Maybe that’s what they are doing with Boba. Show his weaknesses and struggles just to overcome them and assert his dominance again. Clearly being a daiymo implies there’s a shogun (maybe mayor/maybe someone else) so he has to climb the hierarchy before ruling Tatooine. He’s not even in charge of one city as of now.

The SW TV shows are not filler, they are complete story arcs in and of themselves -- divided into segments (episodes). They are expanding upon the SW universe in very interesting ways that the latest sequel movies couldn't. TV series can afford to take their sweet time to flesh-out the universe. I LOVE that aspect of it all. This is a great time for SW fans. I'd like to add that Jon Favreau is SWJ -- Star Wars Jesus.

”I’m the crime lord, he’s supposed to pay me” scene is probably one of the weaker parts of this episode.

Wonder, is it the thick undergarment or the Fett stomach that causes the ill fitting chest plate? Probably the latter since Bulluch was chosen because of him having a perfect fit for the suit, not the other way around.

Kind of like the tusken look of the new Boba, but miss the sleeker original flight suit. Jango’s look was also rather cool. Think it would of looked better if they went with something closer to the Mythos figure/statue. Or at least ditch the neck cloth/scarf. He doesn’t need a thicker neck imo.

Think next episode will be better! Maybe blazing out that mayor? Or will he deliver his tribute and be a respectful crime “lord”?

99.999% of women do not give one single damn about this so-called "dad bod." We truly do not care if he is not sculpted perfection.

This sentiment gives all us mature dads hope about our bods

”I’m the crime lord, he’s supposed to pay me” scene is probably one of the weaker parts of this episode.

Think next episode will be better! Maybe blazing out that mayor? Or will he deliver his tribute and be a respectful crime “lord”?

His weird naive approach to this crime lord thing is perplexing.
Fennec gets it because she's a "master assassin" who worked for the hutts or whatever but Boba was the baddest bounty hunter in galaxy. He shouldn't have a wide eyed oh shucks approach to this. He should know how to deal with these people as much as Fennec does.
That along with handing over his helmet, which is then taken out of sight.
Taking it off all the time (done to help differentiate between him and Mando?)
His lack of ruthlessness in general.
"No hard feelings mate" .... WTF?

I'm going to call a Hot Toys Gamorrean Guard. If they continue to play a decent small roll also in the next episodes I reckon Hot Toys will do it.

They would also fit well with the throne, and it's a natural figure for some people to buy 2.

Ca-ching $$$ for Hot Toys.

I'm going to call a Hot Toys Gamorrean Guard. If they continue to play a decent small roll also in the next episodes I reckon Hot Toys will do it.

They would also fit well with the throne, and it's a natural figure for some people to buy 2.

I have a bit of a soft spot for the muscular gammies in BoBF. I reckon I'd get one. As long as it didn't have a seamless body.

They look more like the Mythos guards. I miss them having the fur pants, they made them look more beast-like.
But I really hope for the Tusken Elder. That new helmet, and all the decorations looked cool.

They look more like the Mythos guards. I miss them having the fur pants, they made them look more beast-like.
But I really hope for the Tusken Elder. That new helmet, and all the decorations looked cool.

I'm really liking the new Tusken tribe's black robes. I'd definitely get a tribal chief fig. Maybe the female warrior too if they did one.

Hey all - Just take the discussion about the actual series to the Movies and TV section!!! Pages and pages of 'Know it All's, chewing the same episode over and over, just clogging this thread.

Just take your expert "blah blah" here: Movies & TV Show Discussions The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

FFS!
giphy (9).gif

This is actually a really good point. Because he is NOT YET an actual crime lord.

This is a position for which one must pay ones dues, much as you dont just get to declare yourself a top-tier, Black-List-perusing bounty hunter. These titles must be bought in blood. Boba has not yet paid for the right to call himself "crime lord."

He will. If he does not, that is when this show will fail.

This sentiment gives all us mature dads hope about our bods

His weird naive approach to this crime lord thing is perplexing.
Fennec gets it because she's a "master assassin" who worked for the hutts or whatever but Boba was the baddest bounty hunter in galaxy. He shouldn't have a wide eyed oh shucks approach to this. He should know how to deal with these people as much as Fennec does.
That along with handing over his helmet, which is then taken out of sight.
Taking it off all the time (done to help differentiate between him and Mando?)
His lack of ruthlessness in general.
"No hard feelings mate" .... WTF?
Boba is arrogant in ep1. Intentionally. After taking Jabba’s throne he expected to be top dog, except Bib Fortuna seemingly wasn’t. He’s banking on his fame to do the talking and expects to be respected. He walks through the streets and intentionally doesn’t wear his helmet and even gives it away for cleaning, showing fearlessness to the citizens there. All these assumptions bite him in the butt in the end and he must restart and earn respect just as he restarted in the desert and earned the respect of the tusken tribe.

Boba isn’t just ruthless though. He was in the OT…but that’s all he was, a 1 dimensional background character who looked cool. A show where Boba is only that would be incredibly lame and wouldn’t go anywhere. Good, memorable characters have strengths, weaknesses, stumble and develop as the story progresses.

@Sktchwlkr I think to be fair, most of us gleefully salty critics are aware of the tropes in play, just not thrilled with the execution.

I agree with you on the 1-dimensional point though; while I find the writing, direction and art direction very weak in episode 1 (hilariously so at times) -- I don't think a flat male teenage power fantasy from 1980 was gonna cut it for 3.5 hours or whatever it is.

Yes, I hope they make one. I don't mind if it's the King Shark style power pose.

Boba is arrogant in ep1. Intentionally. After taking Jabba’s throne he expected to be top dog, except Bib Fortuna seemingly wasn’t. He’s banking on his fame to do the talking and expects to be respected. He walks through the streets and intentionally doesn’t wear his helmet and even gives it away for cleaning, showing fearlessness to the citizens there. All these assumptions bite him in the butt in the end and he must restart and earn respect just as he restarted in the desert and earned the respect of the tusken tribe.

Boba isn’t just ruthless though. He was in the OT…but that’s all he was, a 1 dimensional background character who looked cool. A show where Boba is only that would be incredibly lame and wouldn’t go anywhere. Good, memorable characters have strengths, weaknesses, stumble and develop as the story progresses.

I don't remember saying I wanted a 1 dimensional version of Boba in any of my posts.
You can help the writers out by interpreting it as simple arrogance but it's actually coming across as incompetence on Boba's part.
Boba telling Fennec he's confused and constantly turning to her doesn't paint the picture of confidence. It paints the picture that Fett doesn't know what he's doing.
A man of Boba's experience should know better. He shouldn't be over confident. He should aware of his abilities but EU Fett (not just OT but books and comics) wouldn't fall into such a trap of over confidence.
It seems new canon Fett is a mixture of over confidence and incompetence. Sloppy in combat and seemingly clueless about the underworld.
Didn't expect an ambush even though he's just taken over as crime lord doesn't say over confidence to me, it says incompetent.
Handing over his helmet doesn't say over confidence, it says foolish.
If they're going for the tired old overconfident trope, not even executed well, I'll soon lose interest in this show.

Last edited:
I don't remember saying I wanted a 1 dimensional version of Boba in any of my posts.
You can help the writers out by interpreting it as simple arrogance but it's actually coming across as incompetence on Boba's part.
A man of Boba's experience should know better.
If they're going for the tired old overconfident trope, not even executed well, I'll soon lose interest in this show.
And I never said you did either.
Of course he’s incompetent, he’s never been a crime lord before. In his arrogance, he assumed he knew how to. Arrogance and Incompetence kinda go hand in hand.

I wonder if HT will do a Garsa Fwip. She has to have more importance than that one scene and SW just put up her show poster. Lots of potential exposed joints though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back