Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Star Wars has been reduced to TV instalments.

1 film every 3 years was a purer experience.
Pretty much. All the planned movies have been put on hold, the never gonna happen anways Rian Johnson trilogy, Feige’s, Waititi’s, Dillard’s. No news about them. Unless they all are going to release in 2024, just seems odd. The lack of news on any Star Wars movie makes me wonder if Disney really is planning another sorts of sequel trilogy that would pick off where Mando Season 3 and Ahsoka ends.

HT cant get a Ford likeness right? Bosh. That isnt it. Its that Ford is a complete, whole ass personality-wise and notice I didnt even soften that by putting "@ss," no he is just an ass. Notice how we got the "Solo" version of Han Solo right up front and center, no delays there but Ford version is MIA.

It will continue to be MIA, because Harrison Ford is a giant hind end. He is, and you know he is.
I agree. I used to think it was hot toys waiting and putting han off until the solo figures sold through. Well, it’s been years now and zero. It’s all on Ford. We haven’t had any Indy high end merchandise either, if I’m correct.

Star Wars has been reduced to TV instalments.

1 film every 3 years was a purer experience.

It was, but the stakes were much MUCH higher.

If a tv series crashes, that's like a Piper Cub with 5 people on board crashing.

If a movie series crashes, thats a jetliner with 300+ people on board crashing into the side of a mountain in the Alps.

Came across these on FB. Thought they were cool.

Attachments

• 262514623_305692911426551_8106040633598298494_n.jpg
    262514623_305692911426551_8106040633598298494_n.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 262502622_305692851426557_3216687468422016316_n.jpg
    262502622_305692851426557_3216687468422016316_n.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 234209543_236247041704472_341685444485909373_n.jpg
    234209543_236247041704472_341685444485909373_n.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 28
Streaming shows are really just filler. That's what SW is now, just filler. Nothing pushing the envelop to another new. The ST destroyed that reality. A monkey at the bridge of the SW ship can keep raking in money cause people can't get enough SW, even if it sucks. Even when they make the dumb hotel ship that costs an arm and a leg, people will buy it. Sad state of affairs it is in. When women tell you they can do everything, no, they cannot create good SW content.

Last edited:
I enjoyed a lot of the ST, but can't say I have much interest in seeing another movie trilogy where they try feebly to come up with another threat as iconic as Vader and the Emperor. Limited series such as Mandalorian, Obi-Wan, and Ahsoka, where they simply explore and flesh out some existing corner of the SW universe, seems like the much better way to go now. Since you're just never going to top what Lucas created anyway.

Of course it obviously helps when they're written well, unlike BoBF so far.

Last edited:
Mando and the later half of Clone Wars are the best Star Wars content out there imo, much prefer TV shows since we get to spend more time with the characters and get more world building (or as some call it “filler”.)
You nailed it.

Unfortunately, today's Hollywood and even more so with Disney, their movies have a checklist of requirements, most importantly being a guaranteed blockbuster with billions of dollars in revenue regardless of how you get there, even if screwing over the source material, the dedicated fans and subverting the story in order to meet another checklist of agenda driven drivel.

I know some have stated that BoBF leaks are promising for later episodes but I think we are seeing that Mando could have been lightning in a bottle. I hope I’m wrong but SW streaming may not be able to adhere to the same quality and excitement as Mando.

The leaks do sound promising. And better, plausible.

That's what SW is now, just filler. Nothing pushing the envelope to another new.

You've seen Kathleen's "new." Do you really want more of that? Better the movies lie in abeyance until she is gone. They try to cram 50 competing plotlines into these films and then throw half of them out unexpectedly for the likes of ****ing ROSE TICO. Do you want more of that, generally speaking?

I don't.

You nailed it.

Unfortunately, today's Hollywood and even more so with Disney, their movies have a checklist of requirements, most importantly being a guaranteed blockbuster with billions of dollars in revenue regardless of how you get there, even if screwing over the source material, the dedicated fans and subverting the story in order to meet another checklist of agenda driven drivel.
Exactly, film by committee, which also gives us gems like Josstice League and Suicide Squad (the first dumpster fire). It's just like anything, if the creatives aren't allowed to create their vision and the suits take over then it ends up in a compromised mess.

So as Ramatuelle mentioned, I'd prefer a small Piper Cub crash with 4 more Piper Cubs on the way the same year than a movie crash with the next one coming 2-3 years away.

In an ideal world without film by committee we might have both, with no crashes ! What a world to wish for....

KK should write a book on how to destroy a franchise. I cannot believe we are reduced to tv shows that are basically fan service. How many ot call backs will these new shows have? Boba episode 1 had many. That’s all they have with a weak story. Kenobi will be the same. The only thing that saved Star Wars from the scrap heap was making a yoga clone that was cute. Without grogu, the mandalorian is barely a blip on the nerd radar.
I know some have stated that BoBF leaks are promising for later episodes but I think we are seeing that Mando could have been lightning in a bottle. I hope I’m wrong but SW streaming may not be able to adhere to the same quality and excitement as Mando.
I don’t think you’re wrong. Mandalorian had grogu. Without the cute factor, its not nearly as big of a hit. Grogu got the kids and women aboard. Boba doesn’t have a cute character to market to women and kids. All they have is nostalgia and we are going to be pumped full of it. I tried to rewatch the first episode last night and I liked it even less.

KK should write a book on how to destroy a franchise. I cannot believe we are reduced to tv shows that are basically fan service. How many ot call backs will these new shows have? Boba episode 1 had many. That’s all they have with a weak story. Kenobi will be the same. The only thing that saved Star Wars from the scrap heap was making a yoga clone that was cute. Without grogu, the mandalorian is barely a blip on the nerd radar.

I don’t think you’re wrong. Mandalorian had grogu. Without the cute factor, its not nearly as big of a hit. Grogu got the kids and women aboard. Boba doesn’t have a cute character to market to women and kids. All they have is nostalgia and we are going to be pumped full of it. I tried to rewatch the first episode last night and I liked it even less.
Showing familiar things that fans recognize isn’t automatically fan service. I for one was in high anticipation for Mando S01 and S02, so I think it was quite the blip for nerds. No Grogu needed. Most of the most memorable scenes in the show don’t involve Grogu on screen. My 6 yr old daughter’s favorite SW character is Boba.

Although I may disagree with every single thing you say, I respect you have an opinion.

I think Mando did a good job putting SW back on the table. My wife and I were the only ones that watched the Disney SW movies (She only went because I wanted to watch them). Now, everyone I know are watching BoBF because they watched Mando. BoBF don't need a cute factor, he just needs to be more badass than what we've seen so far. Having another kid/cute character might not make the show better. It makes the shows cookie cutter like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back