Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And I never said you did either.
Of course he’s incompetent, he’s never been a crime lord before. In his arrogance, he assumed he knew how to. Arrogance and Incompetence kinda go hand in hand.

Not sure I agree with you there. Confidence doesn't mean you're incompetent. A perfectly competent and skilled person could be over confident.
Boba clearly doesn't have a clue what he's doing.
He should though. You say he's new to this but he isn't. He's worked in that world for years. Decades. As has Fennec but she apparently knows what she's doing but Boba doesn't.
He doesn't even seem to know how to defeat a circle of people with energy shield even though he has a jetpack. That is straight up incompetence.
Not really a fan of this version of Fett.

Not sure I agree with you there. Confidence doesn't mean you're incompetent. A perfectly competent and skilled person could be over confident.
He should though. You say he's new to this but he isn't. He's worked in that world for years. Decades. As has Fennec but she apparently knows what she's doing but Boba doesn't.
He doesn't even seem to know how to defeat a circle of people with energy shield even though he has a jetpack. That is straight up incompetence.
Arrogance isn’t the same as confidence. Arrogance is assuming more of your importance/abilities than what they really are.
Exactly. I agree that he doesn’t.
Bounty hunting and running a crime organization aren’t the same. You can’t instantly know how to do something well if you've never done it before. Maybe there’s a reason why she does. We shall see.
Seems like he did. His arrogance ( assuming too much, not wearing his helmet) is what made it more difficult than what it should’ve been. Yeah I’m not sure when he didn’t fly out either. Maybe not to leave Fennec?
Hey it’s all good! I respect your opinion and me responding with differences doesn’t mean I don’t. Im just curious why some are not digging it.

Arrogance isn’t the same as confidence. Arrogance is assuming more of your importance/abilities than what they really are.
Exactly. I agree that he doesn’t.
Bounty hunting and running a crime organization aren’t the same. You can’t instantly know how to do something well if you've never done it before. Maybe there’s a reason why she does. We shall see.
Seems like he did. His arrogance ( assuming too much, not wearing his helmet) is what made it more difficult than what it should’ve been. Yeah I’m not sure when he didn’t fly out either. Maybe not to leave Fennec?
Hey it’s all good! I respect your opinion and me responding with differences doesn’t mean I don’t. Im just curious why some are not digging it.

Yes, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Although Boba was a bounty hunter and wasn't directly involved in this way, he was immersed in the underworld since he was a child.
He shouldn't be this clueless.
It seems the story Jon and Dave want to tell, is of a underprepared Boba, who doesn’t know what he's doing, grow into the role of crime lord. Except so far they're not doing it very well. They're showing him to be incompetent.
The rise to the top, learn by failing story is a fine one. Told many times before. It works with many characters. Except this is Boba Fett.
The best bounty hunter in the galaxy. You don't live this old, with 30 years in the job he has excelled in, by being a fool.
He simply isn’t the Boba we've known over 40 years of the OT and the books and comics.
This is the new canon version as told by Jon and Dave.
They aren't telling a story of Boba when he had just been orphaned or a 20 year old Boba. He is a grizzled 40 year old veteren. Making mistakes and decisions of a young inexperienced man.

He’s been into bounty hunting, killing jedis and poo since he was a toddler. He should be VERY aware of how things are handled during the time of BoBF.

Haha “poo”.

Last edited:
If they wanted to give Boba a character arc where he has to learn something new, something where he has to learn new skills, something where he is vulnerable and no longer the expert, something his knowledge and skillset wouldn't prepare him for, something for his character development, they shouldn't have chosen crime lord!
Yes it's technically new to him, but he's been immersed in that world for decades. He should know how to deal with criminals. He should know how to proceed in the underworld.
Should have had him do something that would put him in a fish out of water role if they were determined this was going to be his story.

It seems new canon Fett is a mixture of over confidence and incompetence. Sloppy in combat and seemingly clueless about the underworld.
Didn't expect an ambush even though he's just taken over as crime lord doesn't say over confidence to me, it says incompetent.
Handing over his helmet doesn't say over confidence, it says foolish.
If they're going for the tired old overconfident trope, not even executed well, I'll soon lose interest in this show.

*snipping this thoughtful post*

Remember how Mando went trotting off on foot on a hunt, leaving his ship wide open behind him and returning to find it stripped? Another allegedly top-tier bounty-hunter, doin' stupid stuff. Mando did A BUNCH of really stupid stuff. This sort of a thing is a writing fail, admittedly.

Boba does not know what he's doing right now. True enough. In the next episode or so, I'll be expecting him to realize that PDQ and expand his talent pool; Fennec and the two Gamorreans are great, but he's going to need many more enforcers to help him consolidate power. You dont see the Godfather with a total of three Mafiosos - Mafiosi? idk. He's got a freakin army of made men at his beck and call. Its one way any top Mafia leader stays alive.

This new gang better not consist of... Baby Joan Jett, and that's it. It really better not.

Walking around on foot ain't it. You have to show your wealth and power as a godfather. Its not safe to be on foot. Clone Prime better recognize.

With this short episode 1, the production team has really raised the stakes for subsequent episodes. Clone Prime has zero time - zero - to get his **** together. I know he can do it, though.

He needs to be on the phone to Dengar and Bossk RIGHT. MEOW. With an offer they can't refuse.

We will probably get Flashdance Twi'lek. Expect her to have those cracking rubber joints. Ah well! in a year or two, buy a replacement Phicen body right?

They aren't telling a story of Boba when he had just been orphaned or a 20 year old Boba. He is a grizzled 40 year old veteren. Making mistakes and decisions of a young inexperienced man.
While I am neither a Bounty Hunter nor a Crime Lord (believe it or not) ...

... me walking into a new industry after decades in other ones as a middle-aged man rather than a cocky twenty-something .. huge difference. I'm more patient, I gather information, I make contingency plans and allow for margins of error. I find people with more knowledge, then defer to their experience. I make alliances and keep my mouth shut. I protect myself. My skills are transferable.

Jumping back to the way the first episode's written, Fett isn't the cocky, in-over-his-head trope, but he's also not doing anything a competent veteran would do in a novel environment. It's lazy writing, but Star Wars is full of that --- worse than lazy, it's not fun to watch.

I don't expect a sudden jump in the quality of scripts as the series progresses, I really don't, but I do hope it'll be more fun to watch.

Last edited:
While I am neither a Bounty Hunter nor a Crime Lord (believe it or not) ...

... me walking into a new industry after decades in other ones as a middle-aged man rather than a cocky twenty-something .. huge difference. I'm more patient, I gather information, I make contingency plans and allow for margins of error. I find people with more knowledge, then defer to their experience. I make alliances and keep my mouth shut. I protect myself. My skills are transferable.

Jumping back to the way the first episode's written, Fett isn't the cocky, in-over-his-head trope, but he's also not doing anything a competent veteran would do in a noel environment. It's lazy writing, but Star Wars is full of that --- worse than lazy, it's not fun to watch.

I don't expect a sudden jump in the quality of scripts as the series progresses, I really don't, but I do hope it'll be more fun to watch.

Yes exactly. He isn't charging in overconfident or arrogant. He's quite relaxed and happy. He's just behaving utterly clueless.

Your post re the difference between middle-aged man starting a new role and a young 20 something is spot on.

*snipping this thoughtful post*

Remember how Mando went trotting off on foot on a hunt, leaving his ship wide open behind him and returning to find it stripped? Another allegedly top-tier bounty-hunter, doin' stupid stuff. Mando did A BUNCH of really stupid stuff. This sort of a thing is a writing fail, admittedly.

Boba does not know what he's doing right now. True enough. In the next episode or so, I'll be expecting him to realize that PDQ and expand his talent pool; Fennec and the two Gamorreans are great, but he's going to need many more enforcers to help him consolidate power. You dont see the Godfather with a total of three Mafiosos - Mafiosi? idk. He's got a freakin army of made men at his beck and call. Its one way any top Mafia leader stays alive.

This new gang better not consist of... Baby Joan Jett, and that's it. It really better not.

Walking around on foot ain't it. You have to show your wealth and power as a godfather. Its not safe to be on foot. Clone Prime better recognize.

With this short episode 1, the production team has really raised the stakes for subsequent episodes. Clone Prime has zero time - zero - to get his **** together. I know he can do it, though.

He needs to be on the phone to Dengar and Bossk RIGHT. MEOW. With an offer they can't refuse.

We will probably get Flashdance Twi'lek. Expect her to have those cracking rubber joints. Ah well! in a year or two, buy a replacement Phicen body right?

Yes, agreed with all of this. Boba will probably realise at some point that he needs more men. So much opportunity to bring in interesting characters, like Bossk.
Its just weird that Boba doesn't know from the start that he needs help to run an empire and he should be recruiting from day one.

EDIT: one last thing before I leave episode 1 of BoBF alone.
So Boba hands his helmet off to a stranger to clean. Its returned with credits in it.
He never considers that an explosive could be hidden in the helmet, beneath the credits perhaps. Even he himself used a Mandalorian helmet as a bomb in TCW (his father's in fact)
The fight with energy shield weilding assassins. Doesn't think to use his jetpack to reach a more tactically advantageous position. Either behind them, or to split their focus between himself above them, raining down fire and Fennec fighting them on the ground.
This version of Boba is such a dumbarse.

Last edited:
I guess Ep2 could be a decider for some casual viewers. I mean we'll watch it all no matter what. But if we get a S2 will depend on the normies.

Looking forward to Wednesday morning again !!

I thought the episode was fine. I was entertained. Then again, I have no expectations of Boba Fett. To me, he wasn't really a character, just more of an excuse to sell a cool-looking action figure. I think they were trying to highlight the difficult transition from a lone-wolf mindset to a leadership one. They also seem to be exploring his PTSD and setting up a potential mid-life crisis. Of course, the story's not going to work if you've built up Boba Fett in your mind to be supremely bad-ass. I think this is pretty interesting. I guess it's all a matter of taste.

Maybe the helmet was filled with coins to prevent him wearing it?
maybe with no Helmet the jet pack doesn’t work ?
don’t know just throwing out ideas.
It did seem a bit dumb - particularly the wrist rocket thing instead of flamethrower.
I enjoyed it tho

Maybe the helmet was filled with coins to prevent him wearing it?
maybe with no Helmet the jet pack doesn’t work ?
don’t know just throwing out ideas.
It did seem a bit dumb - particularly the wrist rocket thing instead of flamethrower.
I enjoyed it tho
Maybe, maybe, but they have to communicate these things to the viewer otherwise we’re going to question it.

Why didn’t he take a bag for collections? Seems simpler.

I thought the episode was fine. I was entertained. Then again, I have no expectations of Boba Fett. To me, he wasn't really a character, just more of an excuse to sell a cool-looking action figure. I think they were trying to highlight the difficult transition from a lone-wolf mindset to a leadership one. They also seem to be exploring his PTSD and setting up a potential mid-life crisis. Of course, the story's not going to work if you've built up Boba Fett in your mind to be supremely bad-ass. I think this is pretty interesting. I guess it's all a matter of taste.

Fett has always been the most mysterious and feared bounty hunter in the galaxy. Even Vader knew of his reputation and respected him. So naturally what I wanted to see was a tubby version of him going through a mid-life crisis.

Sounds alot like something a moron like Rian Johnson would write....but I guess look at who I'm replying to🤭

Resorting to name-calling in response to a different opinion. True to form for you. That's why I laugh at many of these posts. Because the level of toxicity on this forum is pure comedy at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back