Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Han figures are a lost cause. Clearly a Harrison Ford issue and not Hot Toys. For that reason I’d be willing to bet we get a new Luke again and maybe a Bounty Hunter PO for 2022.
Lucasfilm (and therefore now Disney) has full likeness rights for the OT cast. Always has (it was part of their original contracts).
Harrison Ford has always been a tough likeness. Disney approval was most likely why we saw the last minute reworking of the ANH Han, and getting their approval for an ESB or RotJ Han sculpt is most likely what is holding those figures up more than anything.

Anyone keeping tabs on the general public and how they like it? I’m sure the shills love it, but what about the casuals? it wasn’t horrible. Just meh with a lot of room for improvement. If it ends up being crummy, saves me a ton.

Funny, my wife asked me about the show and I unleashed my billion gripes. She asked why I have to analyze everything so much?

I said I’m sick and need professional help.
You're not sick, you just need a large online community of enablers to validate your analysis. And.here.we.are. :)

You would lose a hand before you so much as put a pinkie-tip on EU Fett's helmet. Testify.
That was one thing that bugged me the most about the first episode. Fett casually handing over his helmet for cleaning. WTF? This is his father's helmet, his identity essentially that he lost for five years and has gotten back. I didn't think that Favreau or Rodriguez would let big misses like that happen on their watch but they did. I'm still excited to see where this goes but I don't really like happy-go-lucky Fett being the more stoic and measured Fennec's sidekick.

"And from time to time the stories go back and the classic characters can be presented"

Yeah, I guess it's how you read between the lines. HT can go and present the classic characters anytime they want, but we've already seen how they prioritise D+ over the legacy movies.

They are going to do that obviously, that's where the $ is. Speaking specifically for the OT bounty hunters, the die hard fans had access to the SS set.

Lucasfilm (and therefore now Disney) has full likeness rights for the OT cast. Always has (it was part of their original contracts).
Harrison Ford has always been a tough likeness. Disney approval was most likely why we saw the last minute reworking of the ANH Han, and getting their approval for an ESB or RotJ Han sculpt is most likely what is holding those figures up more than anything.

HT cant get a Ford likeness right? Bosh. That isnt it. Its that Ford is a complete, whole ass personality-wise and notice I didnt even soften that by putting "@ss," no he is just an ass. Notice how we got the "Solo" version of Han Solo right up front and center, no delays there but Ford version is MIA.

It will continue to be MIA, because Harrison Ford is a giant hind end. He is, and you know he is.

Last edited:
What people need to remember with the Sarlac is to disregard the slowly digested over a 1000 years part as they'd be dead long before, even Yoda didn't live that long outside a Sarlac in that environment no one would survive a week without food and water.😂

Ah, but here is that "eldritch horror" part: normally that would be true. Or the sarlacc just kills you right away. But if the sarlacc decides you're amusing to keep as a pet, it keeps you alive. As long as it wants. So you're down there, the captive of this horrible thing, knowing you will never see the sun again and being forced to physically interface somehow with that thing, suffering and suffering while being slowly reduced to your component molecules.

"A Barve Like That" addresses this. At one point, Fett is basically like "OK, you have me but I just dont get the point of this [his still being alive]. Just kill me. What is the holdup? This is bull****. Just kill me" and the entity serving as the sarlacc's main personality is all "Oh hohoho we will do what we want with you, and you dont get a say. You're going to be our guest for..... a while." This is a story worth reading.

I can't wait for the reaction to the first episode of The Acolyte, I'll get the popcorn ready for reading the comments section. ;)

Bruh, we are going to have a DUMP TRUCK FULL of popcorn and all types of booze for THAT watch-party, because that right there is going to be some laugh-out-loud funny stuff. That will make the complaining about Book look like a meeting of the local church Ladies' Auxiliary group. Its gonna be ON AND POPPIN for that one. I'm kind of looking forward to it, tbh.

What I got from the HT video was that if new material shows classic characters, then Howard will make them. He also mentioned a new series of figures for this year. Not sure what that means as his new line last year ended with the clear plastic comic Iron Man. Yeah, where is the teased clear plastic War Machine? :lol

What I got from the HT video was that if new material shows classic characters, then Howard will make them. He also mentioned a new series of figures for this year. Not sure what that means as his new line last year ended with the clear plastic comic Iron Man. Yeah, where is the teased clear plastic War Machine? :lol
They're waiting to ship the seven clear plastic Iron Mans(iron men?) they sold before pre-ordering the War Machine...

That was one thing that bugged me the most about the first episode. Fett casually handing over his helmet for cleaning. WTF? This is his father's helmet, his identity essentially that he lost for five years and has gotten back. I didn't think that Favreau or Rodriguez would let big misses like that happen on their watch but they did. I'm still excited to see where this goes but I don't really like happy-go-lucky Fett being the more stoic and measured Fennec's sidekick.
I think it was to one up Fennec eg. doing as the locals do; but unlike Mando smacking Toro when the Tuskens showed up - (metaphorically) it wasn't funny and cool. Just flat and out of character. Really needed better direction (and I thought Grogu announcing his presence to the universe in general was dumb but that was WTF. :banghead)

Bruh, we are going to have a DUMP TRUCK FULL of popcorn and all types of booze for THAT watch-party, because that right there is going to be some laugh-out-loud funny stuff. That will make the complaining about Book look like a meeting of the local church Ladies' Auxiliary group. Its gonna be ON AND POPPIN for that one. I'm kind of looking forward to it, tbh.
Once the mirth has passed, and we realise how F'd up it really is, it'll be pure frustration at the waste of money, time and opportunity.

Prove me wrong Disney !! I bet you can't

As long as I get my Hot Toys Geode figure I’ll be happy.

ABB809C3-0F78-454C-A048-586FC666C46F.jpeg

"And from time to time the stories go back and the classic characters can be presented"

Yeah, I guess it's how you read between the lines. HT can go and present the classic characters anytime they want, but we've already seen how they prioritise D+ over the legacy movies.
I guess they are playing it that the classic characters are timeless and they can go to that well when needed… D+ and newer movies may end up being a flash in the pan so if they and Disney want to sell figures they have to do it now.

Happy New Year all, here's hoping 2022 lives up to the 2022 Star Wars we all want. At least content wise there should be enough. Just so long as it is good enough !

Has it been confirmed yet what comes after Book of Boba ? I think consensus is Bad Batch.

I'm still really looking forward to next Boba instalment. I'm betting it'll be speeder bike girl and confrontation with the Mayor. Probably that Hammerhead from the trailers I guess. Also the Trandosian dinner party.

I guess they are playing it that the classic characters are timeless and they can go to that well when needed… D+ and newer movies may end up being a flash in the pan so if they and Disney want to sell figures they have to do it now.
Exactly. I'm sure this is why OT figures have been put on the back burner. They can sell anytime. New stuff has to be struck while the iron is hot.

Problem is that if Disney is putting out so much new content, then Hot Toys will never get to the outstanding OT figures.

We can only hope that deep fake technology will give us OT cameos which Hot Toys can then use to kill 2 birds with one stone.

Once the mirth has passed, and we realize how F'd up it really is, it'll be pure frustration at the waste of money, time and opportunity.

Prove me wrong Disney !! I bet you can't

Its already frustrating, because these are some stupid decisions and no one can stop them. Might as well laugh.

During the watch-party, we will all smash rocks on our heads in honor of Geode.

UGH, this isn't even funny.

Its already frustrating, because these are some stupid decisions and no one can stop them. Might as well laugh.

During the watch-party, we will all smash rocks on our heads in honor of Geode.

UGH, this isn't even funny.
Apparently they started filming something recently. Word is it's the Acolyte. Not sure if that's been confirmed in the meantime ?

Happy New Year all, here's hoping 2022 lives up to the 2022 Star Wars we all want. At least content wise there should be enough. Just so long as it is good enough !

Has it been confirmed yet what comes after Book of Boba ? I think consensus is Bad Batch.

I'm still really looking forward to next Boba instalment. I'm betting it'll be speeder bike girl and confrontation with the Mayor. Probably that Hammerhead from the trailers I guess. Also the Trandosian dinner party.
Just my speculation but I think we get something earlier than Bad Batch, which I believe will release in May. I don’t think they will want the Star Wars content to overlap, so my timeline will be something like this:

BoBF: January-Early February ‘22

Kenobi: March-April ‘22

Bad Batch Season 2: May-August ‘22

Andor: September-November ‘22

Mando Season 3: December-January ‘22-23

Ahsoka: March-April ‘23

Bad Batch Season 3: May-August ‘23

The Acolyte: September-October ‘23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back