Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

Well 3 episodes left for Season 1 so I think it's time for the big bad to show up. Hoping for a HT Tusken Raider.

Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

Disney recycles characters too much. I hope they don't have any previous characters, but that they're all new. No Boba, no digital Leia or Luke, etc. Just get on with a new seires with new characters and NEW STORIES. With a whole galaxy to explore, I say ENOUGH REGURGITATION DISNEY!

They have to recycle OT content because all their new stuff is trash and has completely failed to catch on with consumers.

They have to recycle OT content because all their new stuff is trash and has completely failed to catch on with consumers.

giphy.gif

Faverau's career took off by taking a C/B tier Marvel character and building him into the literal head of an 11 year long franchise. If anyone is going to "redeem" an OT background character like Boba that is ultimately one dimensional, it's Faverau.

Boba without Legends and the Clone Wars isn't particularly cool. We think he's cool because we made stories and adventures up for him. From movies alone, his appearane and reference are all that make him appealing.

Anything they could have him do would make him more interesting than he has been. They have the dilemma where people will complain if they don't being back original characters, yet when they do people will cry out that they aren't exactly as legends or personal fantasy have portrayed it.

I've said it before and I've said it again; Mando was more interesting than Boba in equivocal screentime.

While I think it would be interesting to see him play a true villain in a later season, I think this one should keep him as a continual tease. I don't think it's coincidence that Disney hasn't taken a strong stance on his ultimate fate. Keep in mind, without Hutt there's a lot of stuff Boba could have moved in on if he is in fact alive.

I also fear his introduction because then I have to listen to bitching about how they're ruining a character with nothing more to ruin, "rrrrreeeeeeee Disney bad Lucas good", and then somehow another TLJ argument phases in out of nowhere. I like Star Wars as much as the next person but having just rewatched the OT the other day...a lot of us have rose tinted, coca-cola bottle thick glasses on. There are a ton of flaws and aspects of these films that haven't aged well, and you have to take them for what they are. Some of the main cast's acting is no better than the novice bounty hunter in this week's episode.

But that's some of the charm to it...as Harrison said "George, you can type this ****, but you can't say it!".

Disney recycles characters too much. I hope they don't have any previous characters, but that they're all new. No Boba, no digital Leia or Luke, etc. Just get on with a new seires with new characters and NEW STORIES. With a whole galaxy to explore, I say ENOUGH REGURGITATION DISNEY!

The people Disney hire are too lazy to not recycle characters.

I've said it before and I've said it again; Mando was more interesting than Boba in equivocal screentime.

OH DEFINITELY.

You can sense that Mando is actually a fairly decent guy who often does kinda questionable stuff. Fett had a heart of ice and did nothing BUT questionable stuff.

And its why we love 'em both - for different reasons.

OH DEFINITELY.

You can sense that Mando is actually a fairly decent guy who often does kinda questionable stuff. Fett had a heart of ice and did nothing BUT questionable stuff.

With you phrasing it that way, he reminds me a LOT of Arthur Morgan from Red Dead 2. Which I suppose furthers the western influence.

OH DEFINITELY.

Well put.

All these complaints about Disney "ruining" SW, and personally I thought Lucas did far worse in the prequels with characters like Vader and Boba Fett, making them so whiny and annoying that it really undermined just how mysterious and badass they came across in the OT.

Mando is what everyone imagined Boba was until the prequels came out and we learned he was just a stupid clone. Mando Fett is what Boba Fett should have been.

Mando is what everyone imagined Boba was until the prequels came out and we learned he was just a stupid clone. Mando Fett is what Boba Fett should be.
Yeah, imagined and should are the key words. That's the whole crux of my argument. If we ignore everything superfluous and look at the only time Boba has been depicted on screen during the "purist's" Star Wars, then there's little of substance. We think Boba is cool because we made him cool. In the films he's legitimately little more than the crew of hunters he's introduced with. The time playing with your figures as a kid let you make boba what you wanted him to be. Cannon is a different story. And I say this with my HT Boba proudly taking a top shelf position on in my detolf.

Now IS there a place where Boba could have been fleshed out? Sure. But I honestly would argue we're 25 years too late for that.

On the subject of the show though:

I do think this episode and the previous one should have been one, hour and a half long session. If I view it that way, it feels more complete; all it needed was a 5 minute sequence of Mando getting the Yoddler to the Razorcrest while Cara helped fend off bounty hunters.

What's with the women being able to go toe to toe with men in hand to hand fights and not get demolished?

Try going toe to toe in real life with Gina Carano. Let?s see who gets demolished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try going toe to toe in real life with Gina Carano. Let?s see who gets demolished.

A 140 pound guy would not even be believable fighting a 200 pound man but stupid Hollywood loves insulting the audience with flyweight women fighting 200+ pound men. Even the 50 year old 5'4" 107 pound Asian lady they have fighting successfully against a much bigger and much younger man. Typical Disney/Hollywood mandate I guess.

There’s a reason why you don’t see bouts with men vs women. Put Gina in the ring with a man of equal size and with equal training and she’d be pummeled senseless in a minute.

I have to work tonight, time is fleeting - I got to get to bed. But addressing a few of these points:

Darth S: Jawas were able to break in and strip his ship – that never would have happened to Boba Fett or he wouldn’t have lasted long.

THis is a HUUUUGE problem I had with episode 2, and in fact the series so far: the fact that yours, mine and all of our cars sitting out in the driveway actually have more security than Mando's hyperdrive spaceship, which he parks and leaves without so much as one lock anywhere. HELL-O?!

Do you think Fett would do that? I'm in the middle of a novel featuring him right this minute. He has the Slave 1 boobytrapped so hard that if you practically just walk near it, you'd be ash floating on the wind. Do you think you'd walk up to *Fett's* weapon locker and strip it bare? YOU WOULD BE DEAD. Mando needs to step UP his security game. Like, yesterday. Seriously, the Slave 1 is a mobile land-mine of instant death for the unwary. Mando best get with the program.

And he seems clueless that of course if you leave the baby alone it’s going to wander.

This is very believable, what does Mando know about children? But this is a valuable asset strolling out of that ship at will. PROTECT IT. Learning curve.

How is this guy even still alive? Blind luck? He’s the Mister Magoo of bounty hunters, that’s all I can figure.

I don't know: I remember him and that droid killing like 25-30 guys in as many seconds. I don't think he's an idiot. He does have experience. JUST LOCK THAT SHIP. And make the newb go get the dewback next time: leaving him alone with the female bounty was a big mistake.

Getter: Mando is what everyone imagined Boba was until the prequels came out and we learned he was just a stupid clone. Mando Fett is what Boba Fett should have been

Boba Fett's clone status: This does not bother me. How would any of us feel on finding out we were but one of a million clones? Probly not too happy. Fett should make that rage work for him.

Fett's voice ALONE told me what he is.... he's not any kind of a hero. Mando felt guilty about what might happen to the Yod-ler. He felt bad. What makes Fett feel bad? A bounty not surrendering …. and what does he do, he disintegrates the target. Mando might do that one of these days, depending on who/what the bounty is. But I doubt it.

Series has flaws. But I'm still watching :)

There?s a reason why you don?t see bouts with men vs women. Put Gina in the ring with a man of equal size and with equal training and she?d be pummeled senseless in a minute.

I respectfully disagree. Men are physically stronger than women. That?s fact. That?s why all these transgender athletes who identify as women are breaking all these women?s records.

But, if it?s equal size and training, I think it would be even. Whoever gets the first solid hit, I believe, would win.

Bigger man versus woman, with equal training, I agree with you.

But if it?s a woman like Gina Carano versus a guy like me with no training, I?m out.

If some of you guys are getting so insecure about your masculinity seeing all these strong female characters kicking butt, I think you should stop collecting dolls. KIDDING!

I respectfully disagree. Men are physically stronger than women. That?s fact. That?s why all these transgender athletes who identify as women are breaking all these women?s records.

But, if it?s equal size and training, I think it would be even. Whoever gets the first solid hit, I believe, would win.

Bigger man versus woman, with equal training, I agree with you.

But if it?s a woman like Gina Carano versus a guy like me with no training, I?m out.

Hell, I think one of these 5'5 actresses with lots of training could probably kick my ass, if it was just a matter of speed and getting the right shots in before I had time to do anything. :lol It's not just all about muscle power.

Can we all club together and put Malgus in a ring with Gina Carano? The only way Malgus is winning that one is if Gina's wearing a 'Rian Johnson ruined my childhood' t-shirt.

Can we all club together and put Malgus in a ring with Gina Carano? The only way Malgus is winning that one is if Gina's wearing a 'Rian Johnson ruined my childhood' t-shirt.

Hahaha.

Legit $25 bucks online. I've gifted one to Gina.

RS_RianTShirt_0718_RSP_ThrowbackLogo_BackTag_0218_mockup_Front_Wrinkled_Baby-Blue.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back