Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

Much like Peter cushing wearing slippers on ANH set, those were likely used by Whitaker while filming. If HT were to release Saw, i guess they'd go for his mechanical appendices.

1_dUuG93_0AqtUrRBUhMRZaA.jpg

Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

Saw in the film was pretty bad though. Rebel leader for ages, fought tooth and nail his whole life...but when it comes to finishing things to the end? Great to see you Jyn, but nah I'll just stay here and blow up, I'm not interested. What????

I felt like Whitaker over-acted too.

Yup Saw was wasted in the film, bye guys just gonna stay and die for literally no reason.

I would rather that HT complete the Rogue One group first. Cassian and Baze are big omissions in the collection.

The number one aliens needed from RO are Benthic and Edrio “Two Tubes”.

Benthic and Edrio Two Tubes.jpg

Yup Saw was wasted in the film, bye guys just gonna stay and die for literally no reason.

I liked him. To me he seemed ravaged and crazy, and stayed because he was dying anyway, and just was making a last (crazy) stand. IMO it fit the character.

Yeah I can understand people thinking it was not normal that he should just stay.

But on the other hand he was not in good shape, he'd passed the batton on to Jyn, there was no time for him to escape and he knew Cassian had orders to kill him. So if he went with them it wouldn't have ended well for him with Cassians boss either.

It reminds me of a question to James Gunn once. Someone asked what will happen to character X. And he replied, whatever the story needs him to. Or words to that effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I?d really like to see a Tantive IV style rebel trooper from HT, but doubt that?ll ever happen.

I?d really like to see a Tantive IV style rebel trooper from HT, but doubt that?ll ever happen.

Yeah I've been wanting a HT version for years. So when the opportunity came up I decided to buy a couple of the old SS Rebel Fleet Troopers a few years ago from Joost (JazzInc).

Actually the ones he used in his Tantive IV display shots. [emoji106]

Still waiting for HT to announce Cara Dune.
She’s a definite first day pre order.
A great companion piece for Mando.

Still waiting for HT to announce Cara Dune.
She’s a definite first day pre order.
A great companion piece for Mando.

I think they'll wait for Season 2 hype before releasing her. That's how Hot Toys rolls.

This is a pretty cool video showing the CGI effects and how they put together some of the Mandalorian shots. Damn amazing what they can do. I'd swear some of these wouldn't be CGI, but they are.

I wonder if these models are given to high end companies (with long trusted partnerships) like Hot Toys to get figures exactly screen accurate ?

https://vimeo.com/427182609

This is a pretty cool video showing the CGI effects and how they put together some of the Mandalorian shots. Damn amazing what they can do. I'd swear some of these wouldn't be CGI, but they are.

I wonder if these models are given to high end companies (with long trusted partnerships) like Hot Toys to get figures exactly screen accurate ?

https://vimeo.com/427182609

Wow! Can?t believe those were CGI! Come on, Hot Toys!
ca02e1206415792af536457d100c976b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know where to post this. But it is pretty damn cool. I think this could be an excuse for me to venture into a VR headset. A flight sim like this is the best application for VR imo. Could be like a childhood dream come true !!

I loved X-Wing vs Tie Fighter back in the 90's. This is similar but on steroids by the look, and all able to be played in VR. Extremely cool !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCcfJ9uEwvs

Yeah I caught the trailer for this a few days ago. Looks sick. VR would be bonkers!

Any excuse to dig up my old thread :lol

But seems Hot Toys are also announcing some stuff on the 20th with Sideshow and 23rd their own event ??

Hoping for some Mandalorian prototypes and Star Wars stuff in general.

HOT TOYS IS EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE SUMMER SHOWCASE 2020!
Join us in our digital gatherings, to experience pop culture and celebrate fandom in a safe, inclusive virtual environment.

Highlights of our event include an online live session on July 20th with our partner Sideshow Collectibles, sharing our latest figures with up-close looks and details.

Watch pre-recorded virtual tour at Hot Toys on July 23rd that firstly unveils the masterfully crafted prototypes. Plus, recently debuted figures, collectibles, and more!

Keep up with all the Hot Toys Summer Showcase news incoming!

NW1594867808AOU.jpg

Is it just me, or does it sound like they might only be showcasing stuff that's already been announced/revealed (up for pre-order, basically), based on that wording?

My concern is that the four mediocre (to me) exclusives they already showcased prior to the event are all we're going to get for new figures.

I took it as the 20th being the exclusives you mention plus a peek at things up for PO right now. The 23rd is going to be more interesting.

Yeah hard to say. However you'd think it should be somewhat similar to normal Con offerings.

i.e prototypes which we haven't seen before, and will never see again :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back