Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

Let's address the olyphant in the room here, with or without helmet?

Without but a switch-out. Liked the dry snarky expression. IF HT doesn't drop the ball on the sculpt.:horror

Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

Let's address the olyphant in the room here, with or without helmet?

Without, it just looks weird on him, obviously on purpose but it doesn't fit and you can see his chin poking out of the bottom :lol

I dunno, still no sign of Kuiil although I hope I am proven wrong.

A Tusken is more likely than Kuill in terms of probably being cheaper to produce, and maybe sell better due to collectors buying multiples.

That's true. Did anyone else notice that the Tatooine Jawas had red eyes as well?

Without but a switch-out. Liked the dry snarky expression. IF HT doesn't drop the ball on the sculpt.:horror

Without, it just looks weird on him, obviously on purpose but it doesn't fit and you can see his chin poking out of the bottom :lol

Same here, without. Any other actor than Timothy ****ing Olyphant and that helmet stays on.

That's true. Did anyone else notice that the Tatooine Jawas had red eyes as well?

That also niggled me. Must be re-use of props/costumes I guess. Considering how deep-cut Favreau is that was a strange one.

Same here, without. Any other actor than Timothy ****ing Olyphant and that helmet stays on.

That also niggled me. Must be re-use of props/costumes I guess. Considering how deep-cut Favreau is that was a strange one.

Although they could just give us Cobb Vanth with no sculpt since they seem to be outright avoiding headsculpts with the Mando line :dunno

Yeah, looked cool. But he was kinda skinny imo.

I think that was kind of the point, like he barely had any idea how to wear it. He looks like a kid who just tried to put on his Dad's suit lol. Because it was Fett's armor, I think there's a chance, but I wouldn't buy w/o a headsculpt. I'm beyond tired of HT avoiding that for this series that's making them BANK. Just create a goddamn sculpt already.

As far as the rest of the episode, I think a Tusken Raider is a good bet, almost all clothing, little new sculpting except for a couple parts and weapons. I doubt the Gamorrean fighter, would need a new body, and I have zero desire since he was so minimal. I also didn't even like their portrayal, they looked like wrestlers in a mask and not with Gamorrean bodies.

Based on last season and based on the 2 new teases, I swear Disney only shows them 1 episode. If you look at the 1/4 scale prototype, they included the detonator switch on his belt for the explosives to destroy the dragon. They probably couldn't find anything else to include and just did that one, even though he wasn't even the one to push the button.

Although they could just give us Cobb Vanth with no sculpt since they seem to be outright avoiding headsculpts with the Mando line :dunno

The difficulty with that is you could clearly see his his head at times, so if they do that it would be totally inaccurate. Not that I believe for one second they're beyond doing something as stupid as that. They're going to bloody skip Cobb Vanth, aren't they?!

The difficulty with that is you could clearly see his his head at times, so if they do that it would be totally inaccurate. Not that I believe for one second they're beyond doing something as stupid as that. They're going to bloody skip Cobb Vanth, aren't they?!

They haven't done Cara, Greef, Gideon, Kuill or anyone else so far so, probably.

They haven't done Cara, Greef, Gideon, Kuill or anyone else so far so, probably.

What's that people you want Cara, Greef, Gideon, Kuill, and Olyfett? Well, how about a Mustard Trooper instead!

What's that people you want Cara, Greef, Gideon, Kuill, and Olyfett? Well, how about a Mustard Trooper instead!

Pretty much, like c'mon Hot Toys, it's almost been a year since the end of Season 1...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed we don't see any new troopers this season, bar that Mortar Trooper, and I love troopers. Basically I don't want them to give Hot Toys the easy option.

We honestly need all of these and now also Olyphant with all the weathered Fett stuff. And the Armorer and eventually Fett himself.

....And eventually the flashback ROTJ sarlaac escape Fett;)

I?ll contain my thoughts to a spoiler tab.
Out of interest, what?s the time limit on concealing spoilery content?
[RESIZE]
Soon as Olyphant took the helmet off I said ?Im getting a toy of that!? Bloody love the man no matter what show he?s in and he looked his typical stick-thin, lanky self and was cast as a marshal because of course he?s a marshal! Armour looked as if it had been slightly corroded by Sarlac stomach acid but seeing as it takes a thousand years or whatever threepio says for the thing to digest it?s no wonder Fett made it out.
I?d even buy him on that speedor converted from Anakin?s pod racer- which was a cool touch. This episode had Easter eggs all over the place. Makes me want a jaws holding the Ralph Mcquarrie C3PO?s head. But I won?t bite unless the Cobb figure has an Olyphant head sculpt. You cast that man so you can put his face on screen so any release must also-as Optimus Prime would say- GIVE ME HIS FACE.
[/RESIZE]

I'm keeping my fingers crossed we don't see any new troopers this season, bar that Mortar Trooper, and I love troopers. Basically I don't want them to give Hot Toys the easy option.

I am actually hoping for more troopers. That way we actually get figures quickly vs waiting for years hoping hot toys makes the ones that require a head sculpt. I am also hoping for vehicles because I also collect 3.75.

Yeah it's starting to feel like the ST all over again, where all we really got from HT were the same few characters again and again, along with a bunch of troopers. I was hoping things might be different with Mandalorian, but maybe not...

I'm totally with you. A trooper that has exactly the same paint job as the Incinerator Trooper but in yellow, oh and a different gun, is terribly uninspired by Disney. Season 3 will be a green one, season 4 a purple one. Definitely not for me.

They'll no doubt make him because it's very easy for them, huge profit and people will buy them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back