Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how to feel about this. On the one hand I'm eager to have a perfected 1:6 Indy, on the other I hate having to rebuy a character from the same appearance.
I was perfectly happy with Sideshow's TOD Indy before this, now I wish I saved the money for what I feel might be the superior version.

I really hope it's just in support of Sideshow's SW releases instead of replacement of them.

You don't have to feel as bad as those folks who bought Sideshow's Indy(s), the Toys McCoy Indy, and whatever other Indy on top of spending considerable bank to have their own custom Indy.

I don't know how to feel about this. On the one hand I'm eager to have a perfected 1:6 Indy, on the other I hate having to rebuy a character from the same appearance.
I was perfectly happy with Sideshow's TOD Indy before this, now I wish I saved the money for what I feel might be the superior version.

The possibility of HT Star Wars has me even more PO'd.

I think deep down I always knew HT would have these licenses so I skipped the SS & medicom Indiana Jones figures and never gave any thought to buying Star Wars in any scale other than 3 3/4".

With Indy and Star Wars (if indeed we're talking 1/6ths) I'll stick to core characters for definite, and possibly might skip Star Wars altogether since I collect the 3 3/4" whereas Indiana Jones has no representation in my collection.

Wonder if the hat will be sculpted with the head like the SSC one.

I think I would prefer a head with removable hat, but that may be asking a bit much.

^^^prb. removable like the Landa, I hope (surely by then HT will have mastered Hats at this scale:pray:)

I'm against a removable hat. It will never, ever look right.

I agree. They hardly ever look right. Landas looks okay still wonky.

:lecture Either the sculpt has to be tapered down in the hair area to the point where a figure isn't really all that cool looking without the hat anyway or the hat ends up looking too wide like it does on Landa. It's not that I wouldn't love to have the ability to just take the hat off like there's really a miniature Harrison Ford right in front of me but I'm really thinking this would end up taking away from the figure since I doubt it can be executed to a high standard.

Really, I figured the Hot Toys fans would like a removable hat? :dunno

Well Indy is synonymous with his hat and I would never display him without, so sculpted all the way for me.

Ultimate would be PERS head with sculpted permanent hat. Then spare portrait/diff expression, with a separate sculpted hat.

Well Indy is synonymous with his hat and I would never display him without, so sculpted all the way for me.

Ultimate would be PERS head with sculpted permanent hat. Then spare portrait/diff expression, with a separate sculpted hat.

Ahhhh ok, I see the logic.

I have the PF Ex, so I guess either way would do for me.

:lecture:goodpost::exactly: Make it so, Hot Toys.

Just give me two heads and I'm good to go.

I'm against a removable hat. It will never, ever look right.

:lecture Either the sculpt has to be tapered down in the hair area to the point where a figure isn't really all that cool looking without the hat anyway or the hat ends up looking too wide like it does on Landa. It's not that I wouldn't love to have the ability to just take the hat off like there's really a miniature Harrison Ford right in front of me but I'm really thinking this would end up taking away from the figure since I doubt it can be executed to a high standard.

Good point.

So this will likely come with two heads. One with and one without hat, like the Sideshow figure.

I've yet to see a removable hat on a figure that looks 100%. Some, like Landa's, look passable, but you don't mess with Indy's Fedora. Passable doesn't cut it, the way his Fedora fits is extremely important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back