Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was just three and they were all from different movies the T-800 wouldn't be anywhere close.:lecture

Well, It might be top 5 or 6.... But I'd probably prefer a Reese to the Terminator honestly.

You left out Michael Keaton as Batman :slap

My guess is Trevor is the one doing the sculpt.

Had anyone been able to do it up to that point to the level he had? No. So I doubt it.

Maybe he, or a new sculptor can make a head and hat combo that are separate pieces that fit together.---THAT would be an improvement on the 90 USD fig.

Jim

ok... i think my dell might actually be a dellorian. why did the last 8 pages of this thread disappear? i only read the last page and then puff, gone, and i'm 8 pages back in time. did i miss some epic ruckus again? :(

ok... i think my dell might actually be a dellorian. why did the last 8 pages of this thread disappear? i only read the last page and then puff, gone, and i'm 8 pages back in time. did i miss some epic ruckus again? :(

Please

stay

on

topic.

If only I would have quoted in time. :(

Well, anyway,

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/3sY_nAyPOJs?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/3sY_nAyPOJs?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I'm, reallywilling to bet it's a lot closer to what you see below than anything else:

- Hatted head with the top magnatized to reveal PERS
- Alternate Hatless Head
- Sculpted spare Hat
- Indiana Jones Outfit (standard)
- head scarf and robe (Ark extraction disguise) (i find it unlikely we get any other outfit, not prof outfit and ESPECIALLY not German disguise)
- real whip
- lots of different hands
- gloved hands
- shovel
-crate
-snake (s)
- Base with Fertility idol

I also don't think you will see any figure other than Iindy. Perhaps TOD Indy would be another non-dx release

I'm, reallywilling to bet it's a lot closer to what you see below than anything else:

- Hatted head with the top magnatized to reveal PERS
- Alternate Hatless Head
- Sculpted spare Hat
- Indiana Jones Outfit (standard)
- head scarf and robe (Ark extraction disguise) (i find it unlikely we get any other outfit, not prof outfit and ESPECIALLY not German disguise)
- real whip
- lots of different hands
- gloved hands
- shovel
-crate
-snake (s)
- Base with Fertility idol

I also don't think you will see any figure other than Iindy. Perhaps TOD Indy would be another non-dx release

I agree with RF's assessment... and I'm hopeful that with this release (and subsequent big sales) that it'll coincide with a ToD Indy and Mola Ram release from SSC with new HT muscle bodies.

The speculation is fun-- and we'll know either way soon.

I figure we'll get the coiled whip, as well (as we did with the Sideshow one). And I think we'll get a cardboard background of the Idol Chamber, or possibly, the end scene with the ark. And I think both heads will be PERS, like Lee, with interchangeable hair to go with either.

It would be kind of silly for them to do an idol chamber considering how well done the sideshow version is.. that would be a serious waste of effort on HT's part... as for the hope of Map Room Indy attire I think it would be hard for them to get the head right unless they did that as a molded head.. the turban would have to be wrapped just right if it were cloth.. still hope that the map room disguise is in fact included though.. if we want to think big in terms of an "environment".. I'd like to see a partial piece of the map room floor :) Add the medallion, staff, maybe even his transit as accessories..

I don't see them repeating the base with idol element. Sideshow NAILED that part. I don't expect them to retread ground that Sideshow already covered, apart from the obvious (whip, jacket, etc). I'm expecting a $199.99 figure very similar to how DX Joker was laid out.

-one TT
-One PERS head with the top "scalp" removable, to have hatted and unhatted heads.
-Map Room robes, and hopefully a sculpted head wrapped head (as I dread having to figure out how to wrap a sash around Indy's head and not making it look dorky
-relaxed, pistol and fist grips in gloved and ungloved varieties.
-the ubiquitous whip and pistols, sidebag, etc.
-light up stand (though a diorama stand wouldn't surprise me)

I'm going in with reasonable expectations, knowing full well, after discounts and such, this could come in for pre-order around $160 or so. After all, DX Joker was blown out around $130, DX Batman was had anywhere from $130-$160. . . and I'm not sure about DX MJ, cuz I wasn't paying attention to that. :lol

Considering Iron Man Mk VI is $220 and looking at how much stuff he has, light-ups, multiple hands, two heads, brand new sculpted suit. . . in all honesty, the price is anybody's guess. Furthermore, price is really secondary to how well executed the figure is. I wasn't happy about paying as much as I did for the Emperor and the throne, but when I look at that set on display, it doesn't even occur to me how much I paid for it.

All in all, the Indiana Jones license is not the Star Wars license, and as we all know, the sales of Indy merch have not really kept pace with its blockbuster status. Perhaps, the value/cost of the Indy license has been driven down by it's poor merchandising results?? I'm expecting a figure that's going to impress me, and a price that is fair for the quality involved. . . and that's about as far out on that limb as I'm going to go.

:monkey3

I expect he'll come loaded out which is why I think something around the Mark IV price is quite likely. Honestly, I can do without the Pers head but the DX pieces come with them. As long as it looks like Ford and is the usual HT quality I'm good.

I wouldn't mind seeing them toss in an extra TT body in there to be honest. Especially if they're going to give us more outfits (though I already have a very nice custom Map Room outfit). Would make displaying any extras easier. I'm really quite excited to add the HT Indy to my SS stuff and have a very nice Indy display.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back