Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That to me is a lot of money to buy a figure to part out. If I'm buying this figure personally it better look like ford or I might buy some parts from TA and add them to my SS Indy.

Hey WorGor.. the boots are actually perfect replicas of Aldens right out of the shoe box.. obviously the screen worn boots don't still have that lighter colored leather on the sole's edge.. but brand new they do.. just need to weather them up really good and you'll have perfect Indy boots... these even look better than the newlines in terms of accuracy....

No, I know they're accurate, just so new and clean that they don't look like Indy's. Once you weather them you won't see the stripe, so what's the point.

I just meant that it throws my eyes to that white stripe when I'm looking at the figure. Rather have filthy shoes.

I've always wanted a really filthy, messed up INDY, like post truck chase...

So now, I can finally take the risk and do that with my SS Indy without feeling like if I screw up I have no other 'cleaner' Indy.

Of course, that would require 2 HT Indys (one for clean and one for Arab)... this is becoming like the T-1000 where you now need a second body, pants, bag, shoes, sculpt... :slap

This looks just like Ford. I think some off you need to look at the sculpt Longer. Oh and to some of you welcome to the Indiana jones forum

For real.

Look at all the noobs visiting the Indiana Jones forum, saying how crap this figure is. Have you seen the Sideshow fig fresh out of the box?? Hot Toys looks ACE compared to that.

003754i3s1x1ipprr1z3p3.jpg

:eek omg im gonna be homeless in 2011 thats for sure

Thank god there's no mention of DIE HARD or McClane this year. Phew!

But the Burton Batman customs guys are sweating right now.

For real.

Look at all the noobs visiting the Indiana Jones forum, saying how crap this figure is. Have you seen the Sideshow fig fresh out of the box?? Hot Toys looks ACE compared to that.

Well, I'm not a newb. I don't think I've seen anyone say the figure is crap but the likeness isn't great right now, but you're resorting to taking shots at another figure. Thats awesome. :slap

Together with the idol stand wouldn't be cheap. I would need to check price before actually buying.

I'm a bit torn personally.

I love that this comes with so much stuff -- especially the Arab Disguise with staff and headpiece! Even his little notepad.

I'm not very happy with some of the clothing for an HT product:

The belts are the wrong color here -- web and holster.

The jacket isn't quite what I was hoping (more like what I feared) -- it's better than Sidshows -- what IS good though most importantly, HT got the length right!!! So that makes up for some but the jacket still isn't "distressed" enough.

The sculpt I'm willing to wait on better pics to make the final call...but so far, yes, Trev's beats it hands down.

Yes, the shoes are more detailed but that white stripe bugs me. Look like dockers or deck shoes.

Maybe I'm back in the upgrade business after all.

Sovereign must be breathing a sigh of relief.

:lecture
Agree to the Nth degree.

With as much info thats out there on Indys gear theres no reason this shouldnt be HTs most accurate and lauded figure.
The fans have been wanting this figure from HT forever, so make it perfect guys.
Highly recommend all concerns and helpful insights be sent to HT in a courteous fashion. They do listen.

Well, I'm not a newb. I don't think I've seen anyone say the figure is crap but the likeness isn't great right now, but you're resorting to taking shots at another figure. Thats awesome. :slap

Then perhaps I wasn't talking about you, but if you want to take it personally, that's your beef.

I paid good money for Sideshow's figure, direct from them, based on prototype images that looked very nice. The production figure looked far away from what was originally solicited. It is well within my rights to complain about that.

I'm liking what I see so far. This might be my first Indiana Jones figure...kind of glad I didn't buy any of the SSC or Medicom ones now.

Then perhaps I wasn't talking about you, but if you want to take it personally, that's your beef.

I paid good money for Sideshow's figure, direct from them, based on prototype images that looked very nice. The production figure looked far away from what was originally solicited. It is well within my rights to complain about that.

I didn't take it personally but was just stating it for the record. I don't know you well enough to really take it personally nor care enough about you to take it personally. :peace

As did I. However, you're getting hacked or working there cause folks are saying that they don't like the HT version so far or aspects of it. Its their rights to do that as well.

Just find it funny that you're ripping on folks for talking about the HT version but then turning and ripping on SS. :lol

Sculpt needs work but I really like the rest of the set... Might need to get two, assuming the sculpt gets a bit of a re-work... It actually reminds me of the Toys McCoy head. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back