Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion, the Hot Toys version blows anything before it away, including every custom i have seen. Sideshow's has always been a bit underwhelming, including Trevor's sculpt. I have seen so many repaints of Trevor's head and not one looks as good in my eyes. The tailoring of Hot Toys outfit, the fabrics chosen all look fantastic. This is the Indiana Jones to get. Once again, I am glad Hot Toys was able to get this license and do it justice.

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree. The outfit and tailoring yeah I would probably give the edge to HT but the likeness is not even in the same area code. If it improves I will get this beyond me placing an order if not I'm quite happy with my SS Indy figures cause they actually look like Ford.

I do think honestly, and am happy in saying this that the one I had made for me by Kato, Sean and Mike with Trevor's sculpt is overl better looking.

Will still get HT's of course though
indyfull.png

Not a big fan of Kato's coat, it's a nicely made coat, but never thought it looked like Indy's, too smooth, not enough wrinkles.

indiana_jones_1.jpg

I do think honestly, and am happy in saying this that the one I had made for me by Kato, Sean and Mike with Trevor's sculpt is overl better looking.

Will still get HT's of course though
indyfull.png

Without a doubt.

The HT shoes might be an upgrade though. :)

To be honest, I was tons more impressed when you unveiled your Indy Ray, glad all that work was not in vain!

I'll pick up the HT version, but I've decided to go ahead and finish my custom Indy as well. :exactly:

The sculpt is obviously disappointing. HT can do a lot better, so hopefully the HS will be improved until it is released. But so far, SS's Indy is infinitely better, and with a repaint can be awesome.

Hot Toys
Dear Fans, one day to go for the public opening of our highly anticipated 10th Anniversary Exhibition at Tokyo!

We've just celebrated with the industrial leaders and friends at the private party!

As promised, the greatly expected MMS DX Indiana Jones Collectible Figure from the Indiana Jones – Raiders of the Lost Ark movie, a project collaborated with Sideshow Collectibles, is first unveiled here!
Here're photos taken at the event for our fans! Hope you'd like them!

Let's share the joy with us & have a wonderful Christmas!

16614347489405234358690.jpg

16463347489410234358690.jpg

Disappointed in no smirk, but other than that; loving it.

I'm a bit torn personally.

I love that this comes with so much stuff -- especially the Arab Disguise with staff and headpiece! Even his little notepad.

I'm not very happy with some of the clothing for an HT product:

The belts are the wrong color here -- web and holster.

The jacket isn't quite what I was hoping (more like what I feared) -- it's better than Sidshows -- what IS good though most importantly, HT got the length right!!! So that makes up for some but the jacket still isn't "distressed" enough.

The sculpt I'm willing to wait on better pics to make the final call...but so far, yes, Trev's beats it hands down.

Yes, the shoes are more detailed but that white stripe bugs me. Look like dockers or deck shoes.

Maybe I'm back in the upgrade business after all.

Sovereign must be breathing a sigh of relief.

Last edited:
Guess I am in the minority here, but I think this figure looks amazing! Definitely will be getting one. This will be my first HT figure and I can't wait!

So, no Star Wars figures then? Can't say that I am not just a little relieved by that.

Not totally that impressed, especially with the head sculpt. HT have got better jobs done.

Wor-Gar, btw, yes.
I'm pretty happy that I have some parts from SC Jones and from Rider (metal sword\gun and whip), coz they will help me to update this figure well. ^_^

Hey WorGor.. the boots are actually perfect replicas of Aldens right out of the shoe box.. obviously the screen worn boots don't still have that lighter colored leather on the sole's edge.. but brand new they do.. just need to weather them up really good and you'll have perfect Indy boots... these even look better than the newlines in terms of accuracy....

I'm still getting the HT Indiana Jones. Been waiting a long time in order to get the right piece. I like the fig alot.

My criticisms aside, I will be getting this.

Worst case, I get Arab Indy with staff of RA and I can upgrade my SS Indy with the HT bits that don't show (jacket, shirt, etc).

So ultimately its a win-win.

I have a feeling the out-of-the-box figure will be better than these pictures.

And with PERS, maybe we can get a better look out of the sculpt. Maybe eyes slightly raised and determined looking.

So happy with this. Makes Sideshow's look like Hasbro's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back