Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping they revise the headsculpt or include a second head because the likeness is off by quite a bit, however everything else looks great on the figure.

Is this any better with eyes forward...

HTIndianaJonesadj.jpg

Actually yes. :exactly:

Doesn't it look like the one Arnie Kim did a few years back? I'd say he did this one.

Not even close of the best Indy ever from Raymond Ferraro :

Thats the problem with the HT one - eyes should be squinting....does this have the moving eyes feature? They need to ditch that concept quick

The figure that marked the beginning of the end for my Sideshow collecting days. Incorrect eye color? Check - pumpking hued skin tone? check. Zombie like paint apps stare? Check. Neck that doesnt match skin tone of head? Check. Piece of crap pro body? Check

It looks a lot like the old Arnie Kim one. It looks more like the 'bad' archaeologist from Last Crusade than Indy. Perhaps that would be a cool custom to make...

Doesn't it look like the one Arnie Kim did a few years back? I'd say he did this one.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

And like NAM said last week, this figure's likeness would determine how well it will sell and at this point it's just not there...

Hell, much of the little details that HT seems to nail appear to be lacking in this proto.

Trevor's sculpt looks better, but everything else is better on the HT fig. Bring on the official pics.

HT needs to knock this out of the park more than any other figure theyve done. There is no other singular figure more iconic in 1/6th.

.................imo

The sculpt isn't a homerun (in these pics) but neither is Wolverine's and he looks great in the detolf. I am not 'blown away' by the figure but it looks really good and I wouldn't mind Indy in the collection. Probably a purchase just wait for official specs then decide.

Looks alot like the Arnie Kim, he did a few years ago. I'm wondering if the hat comes off like on the Chris from Platoon with the extra hair. Also I think the idol stand is made of plastic like the Iron man lab robot, so the set may not be too expensive, maybe 169.99.

I'd put money on it.

Thats what I thought. Glad someone else thinks so. :lol

It appears he has gotten a bit better but he didn't get it then and its not there now for me.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

And like NAM said last week, this figure's likeness would determine how well it will sell and at this point it's just not there...

Hell, much of the little details that HT seems to nail appear to be lacking in this proto.

Thats the thing for me. If the likeness doesn't get better I just can't order this myself. Especially with what this will cost. Honestly, they're adding a idol piece I have from SS, map room (which I think the custom I have looks way better), basically the same items that the SS one came with, etc. The outfit I do think looks better so far but I think the Jacket needs to be closer to the Wolverine texture I think.

Not loving the way the hat looks.

Seems a little awkward, (perhaps even too big/sitting too high?), on the head.

Agreed Josh. It looks better, but still not 100% likeness in my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back