Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even with all the "issues" with this figure, I'll bet the shirt was sweet. HT knows how to do little buttons without making them look like gumdrops.

Very interesting...I just looked at the quantities for all the pieces and it looks like the body, shirt, pants, hat, bag, and surprisingly the stand(?!?) are the big sellers!

The body and shirt appear to be sold out.

Not surprised about the body... those things are always in high demand when a figure is released. People still pay over $100 for the outdated Rocky bodies when and if they ever show up for sale.

Very interesting...I just looked at the quantities for all the pieces and it looks like the body, shirt, pants, hat, bag, and surprisingly the stand(?!?) are the big sellers!

The body and shirt appear to be sold out.

I picked up 2 of the stands, myself. One for my custom Indy and one for the map room Indy to be done.

yup... grabbed two of those shirts when they were up... was really happy with the price of the map room disguise... for a little over 100 bucks I got enough fodder to kit out a few very high end custom Indy's... plan on using the rescaled PF head as well as one of Spenser's heads... want to do a really good, worn, dusty, sweaty streets of Cairo Indy, a truck scene Indy and a Map room Indy... those are the definitive ROTLA Indys in my book... :)

I picked up 2 of the stands, myself. One for my custom Indy and one for the map room Indy to be done.

I didn't think of that, but it's a good idea since I hate the Sideshow waist stand. But I do have all my Indy figures with the round stand, so the HT stand wouldn't fit in with my collection. I like consistency!

And Mfisher, can't wait to see your customs! Those are indeed the "definitive" Indys!

a really good, worn, dusty, sweaty ... truck scene Indy ... the definitive ROTLA Indy in my book... :)

That's the INDY I've always wanted to do: totally dusty and messed up like he was when he got out of the Well of Souls. Indy needs to be dirty!

Raiders_Truck.jpg

After mulling this for months, and reading all the opinions expressed here, I finally gave up on this one and decided to just grab the Arab Disguise and Staff of Ra loose from TA. I'll just use it with my SSC Indy German Disguise head/face if they don't solve the HT sculpt issue. For around $50-60 total I'll have a terrific Indy in Arab disguise - I'm just going to use a spare SS body and some tweaked Hasbro pants/boots (you barely see the pants.) I'm excited - the quality on the Arab Disguise and especially the headpiece/staff (better than Medi one I hope) looks great.

I caved and got HT Policeman Joker when it came out only because it was so startling and ground breaking in so many ways (and also because I got it for a couldn't-say-no price), but these HT figs in general are scary expensive so they absolutely have to deliver in the OMG department in a big way to warrant it. And this one, based on the existing pics, just didn't blow me away. I think in the end i didn't need another "close, but..." Indy 1/6 figure, especially one that was going to cost me five times what my SSC version cost.

Feels good to finally have put this one to bed, but look forward to everyone's pics once this figure hits!

After mulling this for months, and reading all the opinions expressed here, I finally gave up on this one and decided to just grab the Arab Disguise and Staff of Ra loose from TA. I'll just use it with my SSC Indy German Disguise head/face if they don't solve the HT sculpt issue. For around $50-60 total I'll have a terrific Indy in Arab disguise - I'm just going to use a spare SS body and some tweaked Hasbro pants/boots (you barely see the pants.) I'm excited - the quality on the Arab Disguise and especially the headpiece/staff (better than Medi one I hope) looks great.

I caved and got HT Policeman Joker when it came out only because it was so startling and ground breaking in so many ways (and also because I got it for a couldn't-say-no price), but these HT figs in general are scary expensive so they absolutely have to deliver in the OMG department in a big way to warrant it. And this one, based on the existing pics, just didn't blow me away. I think in the end i didn't need another "close, but..." Indy 1/6 figure, especially one that was going to cost me five times what my SSC version cost.

Feels good to finally have put this one to bed, but look forward to everyone's pics once this figure hits!

I am somebody who is getting the figure, but I want to say that I loved how you put your point across. Well said sir :clap :goodpost:

yup... grabbed two of those shirts when they were up... was really happy with the price of the map room disguise... for a little over 100 bucks I got enough fodder to kit out a few very high end custom Indy's... plan on using the rescaled PF head as well as one of Spenser's heads... want to do a really good, worn, dusty, sweaty streets of Cairo Indy, a truck scene Indy and a Map room Indy... those are the definitive ROTLA Indys in my book... :)

Your Indy display is going to look amazing. I think the only one missing would be the "full of spider webs Indy" from the opening scenes! :wink1:

I didn't think of that, but it's a good idea since I hate the Sideshow waist stand. But I do have all my Indy figures with the round stand, so the HT stand wouldn't fit in with my collection. I like consistency!...

My current Indy is using the SS round stand but that stand will go to my son's Indy figure, which was my original custom Indy figure. And I agree with the consistency part as well!

I agree 100% with everything you wrote. :clap:lecture

You know what I think would be awesome...

If everyone who passed on this figure suddenly were shocked by the actual retail release's quality.

I agree with swsqueakquels too. That's pretty much what I'm doing.

Who knows, Wake. That may happen. I was looking through the DX Bruce Lee thread and just seeing him in that sexy black foam insert had me drooling buckets. Once we all see Indy in that awesome packaging, we may all change our tunes--bad likeness or not!

But for now I'm happy with my Sideshow Indy and look forward to getting the Arab disguise!

I didn't think of that, but it's a good idea since I hate the Sideshow waist stand. But I do have all my Indy figures with the round stand, so the HT stand wouldn't fit in with my collection. I like consistency!

And Mfisher, can't wait to see your customs! Those are indeed the "definitive" Indys!

I've replaced the "waist stand" with HT's "crotch grabber" but used the round SS base. It's really easy and will solve the consistancy issue. SS is actually using the HT style wire stand with the SS round base on figures like Greedo and Hammerhead.

I've replaced the "waist stand" with HT's "crotch grabber" but used the round SS base. It's really easy and will solve the consistancy issue. SS is actually using the HT style wire stand with the SS round base on figures like Greedo and Hammerhead.

I was actually thinking of doing just that, but making my own "crotch grabber" wire.

You know what I think would be awesome...

If everyone who passed on this figure suddenly were shocked by the actual retail release's quality.

That would be fantastic. I was never interested in the whole thing and pre-ordered some choice loose pieces. If those pieces are improved upon, then all the better. But I know what you're getting at... ;)

I think that something that has been lost in this entire discussion is that by the time this HT Indy is releasing, SSC will (presumably) have announced their TOD lineup which (presumably - I honestly can't see how they couldn't if they do a 1/6 TOD product release at all) will include a TOD Indy on muscular Wolverine-esque body and new Trevor sculpt. Along with the previously announced Mine Cart environment/Short Round and (again, presumably) Mola Ram. That TOD Indy, if it is indeed a go, will cost somewhere in the $125+ range due to the body. The Mine Cart and Shorty will be in the $200 range and Mola will be mula as well. So, if (yes IF) all this comes to pass, we are talking $450 plus shipping for this TOD wave.

Do I want another ROTLA Indy that is a few notches better than my SSC Indy, or do I want a new Trevor sculpt TOD Indy on HT muscular body? You do the math. So yeah, the anticipation of (or hope for...) these TOD items did factor in my HT Indy decision also.

That and the fact that I am not just a collector, I am a customizer. When you spend money on sculpting/building a flying helmet for a Flying Wing Pilot because no other 1/6 German pilot helmet is a precise match, or spend $$$ getting some 1980's 1/6 scale Barbie basket solely because it's an exact match to Satipo's backpack basket, then you have to take these things into consideration. It adds up, believe me - the high cost of trying to achieve 110% screen accuracy.

But yes, I am awaiting that gnawing feeling of regret as the first in-hand HT pics are posted. And living with the realization that I chose the Barbie basket over the HT indy.

I think that something that has been lost in this entire discussion is that by the time this HT Indy is releasing, SSC will (presumably) have announced their TOD lineup which (presumably - I honestly can't see how they couldn't if they do a 1/6 TOD product release at all) will include a TOD Indy on muscular Wolverine-esque body and new Trevor sculpt. Along with the previously announced Mine Cart environment/Short Round and (again, presumably) Mola Ram. That TOD Indy, if it is indeed a go, will cost somewhere in the $125+ range due to the body. The Mine Cart and Shorty will be in the $200 range and Mola will be mula as well. So, if (yes IF) all this comes to pass, we are talking $450 plus shipping for this TOD wave.

Do I want another ROTLA Indy that is a few notches better than my SSC Indy, or do I want a new Trevor sculpt TOD Indy on HT muscular body? You do the math. So yeah, the anticipation of (or hope for...) these TOD items did factor in my HT Indy decision also.

That and the fact that I am not just a collector, I am a customizer. When you spend money on sculpting/building a flying helmet for a Flying Wing Pilot because no other 1/6 German pilot helmet is a precise match, or spend $$$ getting some 1980's 1/6 scale Barbie basket solely because it's an exact match to Satipo's backpack basket, then you have to take these things into consideration. It adds up, believe me - the high cost of trying to achieve 110% screen accuracy.

But yes, I am awaiting that gnawing feeling of regret as the first in-hand HT pics are posted. And living with the realization that I chose the Barbie basket over the HT indy.

Excellent points, throughout. :lecture

To me the SS TOD plans do not necessarily come into play regarding the possibility of purchasing the HT Indy set. We me it's the fact that I'm actually quite happy with my current ROTLA Indy as is and simply wish to update a few select pieces (as well as pick up the Map-room stuff) as opposed to spending $225+.

But if we find out that HT's has revamped this figure to the n'th degree, there's certainly enough time to pick one up before prices start to rise even further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back