Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, can't see that myself. SSC must have thought, 'Let's leave it to Hot Toys!'

They can't be regretting it that much either, as they will see a fair cut of the pre-orders. Lucky them, they win whatever happens.

CHEERS!

I agree with Rogerbee and dinolast. If TOD figures were to come out I would think Hot toys would make it an MMS.

Whoever ends up doing the TOD figures, I hope it's soon! Unfortunately I think HT doing this DX has probably stopped any progress for the SS 1/6 line. SS will probably try and avoid any direct competition and wait til the DX is released before it will make any new announcements. And HT will also certainly wait til after the DX is out to announce any more Indy figures. So we'll have to wait til the end of the year for any news of new 1/6 Indy figures, no matter which company does it. :(

After looking at how HT nailed not one but two Capt Jack sculpts, I have to say I now understand why there is so much dissapointment in the Indy sculpt

And there's still people in this forum who think that new Jack Sparrow doesn't look like Johnny Depp.

The truth of the matter is there's a good portion of people who will never be pleased, and just like to complain about things.

nd there's still people in this forum who think that new Jack Sparrow doesn't look like Johnny Depp.

*waves* That'll be me then. :lol: It's still the best we're gonna get though so I'll be up for one unless further release images show It's total crap after all. :D

Yup, same here. Not digging the new HT Sparrow heads. Something seems off with both of them. Enterbay has a much better likeness.

You really think so? I think HT's looks much better:

205623orof1nurm3umn1vv.jpg

Whoever ends up doing the TOD figures, I hope it's soon! Unfortunately I think HT doing this DX has probably stopped any progress for the SS 1/6 line. SS will probably try and avoid any direct competition and wait til the DX is released before it will make any new announcements. And HT will also certainly wait til after the DX is out to announce any more Indy figures. So we'll have to wait til the end of the year for any news of new 1/6 Indy figures, no matter which company does it. :(

The only Indy fig I could see done as a DX MMS is TOD Indy. HT in general only goes for the cream of any license.

If the "Ask Sideshow" feature was an actual, regular Q and A (as opposed to months of Q's... and A's about every three months) maybe we would have more info on what is going on. The last batch of answers on the Star Wars segment of Ask Sideshow was two and half months ago! SSC's customer service is second to none, but their Ask Sideshow feature is a bit of a joke.

Does SSC have any history of announcing a product (and hyping it in their discussion of it, as they did when discussing the mine cart and Shorty) and then abandoning that product, especially in relation to such a big license? I've only been doing this 1/6 thing maybe 18 months so don't have much understanding on whether that's done or not.

While that's true, what I mean is, they may not be able to assign anyone else to resculpt it if they decide that they don't want Arnie to do it.

There was a post on OSW earlier that shows the original prototype Indy still in the window of Toy Hunters. Make of that what you will...

CHEERS!

While that's true, what I mean is, they may not be able to assign anyone else to resculpt it if they decide that they don't want Arnie to do it.

There was a post on OSW earlier that shows the original prototype Indy still in the window of Toy Hunters. Make of that what you will...

CHEERS!

Well of course it will be, they won't have Arnie Kim sitting in the window display re-sculpting it. :wink1:
I am sure it will be replaced when the replacment is ready

At this point, I'm thinking I may cancel the Indy in favor of the Sparrow. I don't have a Jack, and I'm pretty happy with the SS Indiana Jones ... unless they do something remarkable with the revamp, I'll probably go that way.

SnakeDoc

Well of course it will be, they won't have Arnie Kim sitting in the window display re-sculpting it. :wink1:
I am sure it will be replaced when the replacment is ready

LOL, obviously not. Still, nobody has yet come forward and said that they are indeed working on re-sculpting Indy. This could lead one to think that they aren't doing it and it'll go out as is.

The fact that the prototype Jack DX is already perfect almost adds insult to injury. Even if they do revamp Indy, we may not get a chance at buying it after the standard pre-orders have all been sorted as Toy Anxiety have already put parts up for pre-order also and the majority have already sold out. If other stores that part out follow suit nobody else stands a chance of getting one good or bad.

CHEERS!

At this point, I'm thinking I may cancel the Indy in favor of the Sparrow. I don't have a Jack, and I'm pretty happy with the SS Indiana Jones ... unless they do something remarkable with the revamp, I'll probably go that way.

SnakeDoc

Sound choice, but, I think Jack may be more expensive than Indy.

CHEERS!

Arnie said on his facebook in January he was working on making the best Indy he can. As for Jack Sparrow, I don't think that facesculpt is any better than this figure, especially the smiling sculpt which I think is way off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back