Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really haven't been keeping up with this thread because of my disappointment in the sculpt...Is HT reworking it or is this what people are hoping? 'Cause if they are reworking it, I'll want to pre-order.

I really haven't been keeping up with this thread because of my disappointment in the sculpt...Is HT reworking it or is this what people are hoping? 'Cause if they are reworking it, I'll want to pre-order.

Yes, as told by Dino Last..he was told by Arnie in FB that he working his @$$ off to improved the HS so have faith & PO it now before it's too late. :wink1:

Really, when Hot Toys have years of experience behind them and have a whole stable of some of the worlds best 1/6 sculptors, we should be getting gold standard sculpts everytime. This becomes even more glaring when it's a franchise like indy.
Let's hope there is a revised sculpt

In a perfect world.. Did would release some kind of WW2 American commando (in the spirit of Guns of Navarone) and the figure would have a Harrison Ford headsculpt up to Did's latest standards with their phenomenal paint apps.... I'd snatch up at least 4 or 5 of those loose :) The HT one is just a huge let down...

Watched raiders last night im tempted to order this but the head sculpt is stopping me it just doesnt look like him and this is coming from hot toys .

Pre-ordered !!:hi5::hi5:

After seeing the new Depp sculpts and all the attention and reworking of this Indy.

I'm really looking froward this!!!:yess::yess:

As a figure collector, and because Kim is taking a lot of flak for this underwhelming head sculpt, I'd like to see a revised version turn out to be awesome.

But with the proto looking so bad, this allows me to quite happily pass and give my wallet a break.

mmkay...

Even if it's revised I'm gonna pass. I've already made peace with it. $250 is way too much to pay for a single figure, especially one I already have and am pretty happy with. I've pre-ordered the Arab disguise from TA and already got a second SS Indy to use for it. If it had been a TOD Indy, then it would be a different story.

The ONLY thing I will actually regret missing out on is the packaging, funny enough. I know those DX packages are just so damn sexy with the black foam! :drool

Yeah, I'm actually pretty excited to see the packaging as well. Hopefully Hot Toys is able to do their own thing and not use that god-awful design that Hasbro, Sideshow, LEGO, and Gentle Giant had to use. :monkey4

I went forward with my own Indy custom when the official specs/pics hit, but if HT majorly reworks this thing I will be happy to display the two together. Really hoping they can turn this one around!

I don't own any of the previous jones so I've preordered. With all the work ht has been doing of late... Could this be the first big slip?! $250 says I hope the hell not! I'm sure it's been mentioned before but there is something strange about indys shoes on this figure. They are so clean and new looking?

As a figure collector, and because Kim is taking a lot of flak for this underwhelming head sculpt, I'd like to see a revised version turn out to be awesome.

But with the proto looking so bad, this allows me to quite happily pass and give my wallet a break.

mmkay...

There are some amazing prices on ebay at the moment, thanks both to the rising aussie dollar and I think a little seller panic because the pre-orders aren't selling fast.

Around A$205 + A$35 for the figure....crazy price!

Now that we know Hot Toys is aware of the disappointment and Arnie Kim is working hard at improving, I think we are going to see an amazing figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back