Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Few new (I think?) pics courtesy of Hot Toys Community over on Facebook:

216557_162228680505797_138228759572456_398415_870284_n.jpg

216145_162228670505798_138228759572456_398414_2178400_n.jpg

223025_162228650505800_138228759572456_398413_7332446_n.jpg

My god, It really doesn't look like him at all, does it. :(

They really put that up on Facebook recently? :horror

Everything about that picture stinks. I think HT has walked away from this now with all the praise its getting on Sparrow and Todd.

As to the "adjustments", I think they've done whatever they could afford to do (realizing that this is gonna be another Alien) and just moved on.

I'm sure it's not worth their time or money for a complete RE-DO but unfortunately that's exactly what this particular figure needs.

I mean, look at the pic above: hat's wrong, jacket material looks like Hasbro, shirt collar's too big, bag strap looks cheap too... and of course the sculpt. There's nothing salvageable there unless you send this puppy back in time about 3-4 years ago.

I don't think HT cares about this now, they'll still make their money no matter what. Folk will cancel their pre-orders for this and go for Jack and Sweeney instead.

Other etailers are bound to follow Toy Anxiety's example too.

Money talks!

CHEERS!

They really put that up on Facebook recently? :horror

Everything about that picture stinks. I think HT has walked away from this now with all the praise its getting on Sparrow and Todd.

As to the "adjustments", I think they've done whatever they could afford to do (realizing that this is gonna be another Alien) and just moved on.

I'm sure it's not worth their time or money for a complete RE-DO but unfortunately that's exactly what this particular figure needs.

I mean, look at the pic above: hat's wrong, jacket material looks like Hasbro, shirt collar's too big, bag strap looks cheap too... and of course the sculpt. There's nothing salvageable there unless you send this puppy back in time about 3-4 years ago.

Agree 100%. It's really disappointing that this is from Hot Toys and it's $250. Now after seeing the great HT Depps, it's even more of a disappointment.

I don't think HT cares about this now, they'll still make their money no matter what. Folk will cancel their pre-orders for this and go for Jack and Sweeney instead.

Ehhh, not everyone who would buy a HT Indiana would be interested in those figures.

I know I'm not. I like Johnny Depp and all but not interested at all in those figures.

Indiana Jones, I'd be all over, but not looking like that and/or at that price.

Old pics tell us nothing. I'm looking forward to seeing HT's next official announcement on this one. Until then I'm just gonna keep my fingers crossed. C'mon HT, you know you want my $$$!

Ehhh, not everyone who would buy a HT Indiana would be interested in those figures.

I know I'm not. I like Johnny Depp and all but not interested at all in those figures.

Indiana Jones, I'd be all over, but not looking like that and/or at that price.

Granted not 'everyone' will, but sufficient will to cover any losses generated by Indy. I think they want to chalk him up to experience and move on, why else would they bring out 4 new figures after this that they know are guaranteed to sell!?

If it were me with the decision to make, I'd cancel any pre-order and either spend the money on another DX or commission someone to turn the exsiting Indy into something special, and it can be done.

CHEERS!

Granted not 'everyone' will, but sufficient will to cover any losses generated by Indy. I think they want to chalk him up to experience and move on, why else would they bring out 4 new figures after this that they know are guaranteed to sell!?

If it were me with the decision to make, I'd cancel any pre-order and either spend the money on another DX or commission someone to turn the exsiting Indy into something special, and it can be done.

CHEERS!

There certainly is something a little concerning about the lack of new Indy info :impatient:,

Hot Toys currently have the Indy & Superman licences & yet all we've seen from what is surely the worlds premier 1/6th manufacturer for 2 of the worlds premier licences is one pretty ropey prototype.

I just don't know how a company like HT could fumble & (possibly) want to forget about Indy, yet concentrate on getting such "classic" characters like Sweeney Todd & Rango released :cuckoo:.

Looking at Indy as a character there isn't a whole lot to bugger up is there ?, one of the most recognisable actors on the planet & a fairly simple wardrobe, could taking him back to the drawing board really be that worthless ?, even at the price they're asking Indy could be HT's biggest seller ever (if he's done right) !.

An element of bias might be in play on HT part. They've got a major boner for Johnny Depp - even Rango is a Depp-voiced character if I'm not mistaken. Indy just might not be all that important to their personal tastes?

Agree 100%. It's really disappointing that this is from Hot Toys and it's $250. Now after seeing the great HT Depps, it's even more of a disappointment.

It's sad that the overall feel about this figure is disappointment and what could have been, when it should have been a big WOW!

An element of bias might be in play on HT part. They've got a major boner for Johnny Depp - even Rango is a Depp-voiced character if I'm not mistaken. Indy just might not be all that important to their personal tastes?

My thoughts exactly.

I think we will all be pleased- if not stunned by the end result when this DX is released...I have great confidence in HT.

I have great confidence in HT.

Why?

I think some day long from now when Howard is interviewed about the great 1/6th era and he's asked what is his one single regret, he will say "Indiana Jones".

Not a great way to start a Lucasfilm license when he claims to be after Star Wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back