Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet, HT are going ape over all the showy stuff we seem not to love. Iron Man was ok, but really, 2 films in and do we really need so many figures!?

POTC, according to critics anyway as I haven't seen them, seems to be going downhill with each sequel, and HT have done one of their best figures from the last, and by some accounts worst, of them.

Still, they sell even when the films smell. So long as that is the case HT will be happy.

CHEERS!

PS (The less said about WOTW the better!)

Well people are buying the figs cause their Iron Man or Jack Sparrow, has nothing to do with if the film is ____ or not imo.

And yet, HT are going ape over all the showy stuff we seem not to love. Iron Man was ok, but really, 2 films in and do we really need so many figures!?

POTC, according to critics anyway as I haven't seen them, seems to be going downhill with each sequel, and HT have done one of their best figures from the last, and by some accounts worst, of them.

Still, they sell even when the films smell. So long as that is the case HT will be happy.

CHEERS!

PS (The less said about WOTW the better!)

Well, to be fair Iron Man and POTC have a very well established fan base, and are both very hot properties right now. Plus it's Disney.

I'm not saying that Jones doesn't have a fan base, because he does and yes, it's Lucasfilm. But I don't think the hype is up there like IM and Pirates has right now to warrant more than one figure. Maybe if the fifth movie was being released there would be more hype.

But I don't care either way. I will be buying this HT Jones.

I know this is a little off topic but with all the talk of classic style films that don't overuse CGI, I couldn't help but think of Moon. It totally reminded me of those late 70s/early 80s sci-fi/adventure films that focused on story first and complimented it with effeccts. Today it's how can we work effects into the story, which usually ends up as CGI overkill and an unnatural feeling story, like KOTCS. Sometimes one waterfall really is enough! If you haven't seen Moon, I highly recommend it.

I do want to see Moon, definitely.

I'm sure HT could have contented fans with less figures, but, they seem to want to milk the licenses for all their worth.

They just have to milk the right licenses. You do wonder why they didn't do more of the X Men than Wolverine. Where were Rogue, Cyclops, Mystique et al!?

Indy seems almost to have been a side project for them. Ok, Hasbro, Medicom and SSC figures haven't been much to write home about, but, they made more of the Indy license.

CHEERS!

as much as it bugs me that this figure isnt up to par it does make my life on my wallet a little easier. i cant afford both indy and supes so supes is a clear winner at the moment.

but if this figure does get released as he is i have no doubt hot toys will revisit him in some form, whether that will be a tod indy (have we not heard anything from sideshow about that recently??) or even a new dxx line. to me it felt like the dx line was created so they had an excuse to revisit amnd improve the joker figure without pissing off too many people that had bought the first

If your wallet's quality of life is dependent on Indy being below par, things may get tough for it when the NEW, REVISED, UPDATED, REFINED,and AWESOME-A-FIED Indy sculpt is revealed.

If your wallet's quality of life is dependent on Indy being below par, things may get tough for it when the NEW, REVISED, UPDATED, REFINED,and AWESOME-A-FIED Indy sculpt is revealed.[/

That probably will be the case, and i hope it will be. Indy deserves the attention to detail jack sparrow recieved. But since moving out of my parents n buying a flat i have to be more selective with my collectables ( unfortunately) .

The DX line was HT showing Enterbay that they too could do an elite figure line with moving eyes and all bells and whistles.

They should just concentrate on being Hot Toys and not being king over Enterbay. They were amazing from day one and it has taken HT nearly 10 years to get as good.

HT should just do what they do and let EB do what they do. DID are catching up now and could overtake on the outside while the other two squabble over the lead.

CHEERS!

The DX line was HT showing Enterbay that they too could do an elite figure line with moving eyes and all bells and whistles.

They should just concentrate on being Hot Toys and not being king over Enterbay. They were amazing from day one and it has taken HT nearly 10 years to get as good.

HT should just do what they do and let EB do what they do. DID are catching up now and could overtake on the outside while the other two squabble over the lead.

CHEERS!

:exactly: ...............

:lecture Lol...Someone else feels the same I do.
Of course, I'll admit that I have been buying up the figures, but damn Hot Toys lets branch out and spread some love. I personally don't mind a figure for each suit variation, but doing a Battle Damage/Revision is getting a little carried away.

~~On topic that is sort of off-topic.
I didn't really hate KoTCS, but the fact that I haven't seen it since the first weekend in the theaters should tell you something.

~~On topic with the figure.....Come on Hot Toys!!! Throw us a bone. Superman fans finally got a little teaser whey can't we get something for Indy??

Yes, HT,

Let's end this! End the rumours, end the speculation, end the arguing and backbiting, but, most of all...

LET US END THIS BLOODY THREAD!!!!

CHEERS!

Yeah, but their prices are catching up too!

DiD aren't about to start doing non-military movie figures anytime soon though are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back