Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks perfect to me :huh

Indiana.jpg

:lol
Oh crap where's devil??

how could they just flush the franchise down the toilet?

The best part of the movie is the fact they kept those awesome punch sound effects...

:lecture

"But his treasure wasn't gold. It was lack of knowledge. Lack of knowledge was his treasure."

You and me both. Dear god, when he climbs out of that fridge...:slap

And the list goes on...

I tell you...never had I been as emotionally crushed by a film's quality (or lack thereof). I was in a stupor for the rest of the day after I saw it, and was haunted by cringe-inducing flashbacks of bits and pieces of the film (I kid you not) for days after. Personally my biggest cinematic travesty.

You know, I was really disappointed after seeing it in the theater. I was almost speechless. I saw it again though, and it really has all the good things that make it an Indy movie, it's just that the macguffin was out of place next to the previous three. I understand that George felt that because it was set in the 50s, it HAD to have a sci-fi twist to it. I get it, but that's not really what Indy is. Thank GOD for Spielburg; without him to reel in George's ideas, it would have been a disaster. Yes, the Fridge thing made me go "WTF," but really, is that any more absurd than say, reaching into a guy's chest, pulling out his still beating heart, have that guy be alive still, and then have it spontaneously burst into flame?

That being said, the second time I saw it I got over the sci-fi slant and enjoyed it more.

You know, I was really disappointed after seeing it in the theater. I was almost speechless. I saw it again though, and it really has all the good things that make it an Indy movie, it's just that the macguffin was out of place next to the previous three. I understand that George felt that because it was set in the 50s, it HAD to have a sci-fi twist to it. I get it, but that's not really what Indy is. Thank GOD for Spielburg; without him to reel in George's ideas, it would have been a disaster. Yes, the Fridge thing made me go "WTF," but really, is that any more absurd than say, reaching into a guy's chest, pulling out his still beating heart, have that guy be alive still, and then have it spontaneously burst into flame?

That being said, the second time I saw it I got over the sci-fi slant and enjoyed it more.

:goodpost:

:hi5:

I guess you won't be making a KOTCS Indy bash then Marf? LOL

Mmmmnope :lol

You know, I have thought to myself several times that if I sat down and watched it again, I might enjoy it more. I just haven't been able to bring myself to do it. Right now I view it as an act of masochism, and I'm not into that :lol I suppose I do owe Indy that much though...maybe when my daughter's old enough. It's more suitable for kids than any of the original 3, and she WILL be an Indy fan :lecture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back