Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, not much for the lil guy in terms of accessories, so I think including him as an accessory would be more ideal than giving him his own release.

Hmm, would a Trev Indy sculpt be out of the question now!?

I hope they'll make enough to satisfy all these pre-orders.

CHEERS!

Veeeeeerrrry interesting!

The two companies have kind of been on this trajectory for a while now, so it's great that it looks like they're finally taking an official plunge together! :clap

Does this mean an arrangement as straightforward as Hot Toys making the figures and Sideshow making the environments (as with the Map Room and Indy figure)? Or could it mean a situation where we could actually see artists (or factories) shared within a particular project?

I wonder? The possibilities are drool-worthy!

I actually do think we'll see 12" TOD and more INDY figures, probably as part of this joint venture. I do know Shortie has been in the cards for a while.

I do remember Sideshow saying they wanted to do something of Willie Scott. Lord knows why though.... :lol

They better do Marion before. :lecture

As per someone's suggestion, I've got one on PO at BBTS just in case I lose out in the mad rush after HT reveals a new sculpt that satisfies the masses!

Lord knows there'll be a heap of canceled POs if they don't reveal an improved sculpt :lol

Who jacked the price?

What is it now?

I'll be damned! :mad: But I will not move until I see the proof!

It was a while ago. It's been at $234.99 at BBTS for a while now, but I nabbed it when it first when up at $211.99... way less than Sideshow's price, and no poopy NRD. :yess:

I actually do think we'll see 12" TOD and more INDY figures, probably as part of this joint venture. I do know Shortie has been in the cards for a while.

I think it's fairly clear that HT will do a TOD Indy for next year. It's a unique enough outfit variation, a whole new set of DX accessories and a clear alternate outfit (tux.) And their muscle body is the key ingredient.

SSC did the Tanis setting for HT's DX ROTLA Indy, and are doing the mine cart setting for HT's DX TOD Indy.

But any further Indy 1/6 figs I think will be Sideshow solely. I can maybe - maybe - see a HT Mola Ram, but they wouldn't touch any other Indy characters. Those guys cherry-pick only the most iconic heavy hitters in a license and move on. Given the lukewarm way Indy has sold for SSC, I just can't see HT rubbing their hands together for anything but the biggies in Indy - and unfortunately, that's really only Indy himself. Fortunately, there are TWO key/iconic looks for Indy.

The best we can hope for from HT is that - as others have joked - maybe Shorty comes with the TOD Indy like an accessory, but it would be way too complex and the tux/Obi Club bits are the obvious DX addition. It's pretty much 100% certain Shorty comes with the mine cart.

Agreed.

I bet you're right. I can totally see Shorty coming with the Mine Cart Enviro. And I also think he'll be mostly a Sideshow product. (They developed the Hobbit body for just that kind of character. And they've confirmed that Shorty is coming.)

But I really, really, really hope they let Hot Toys do the head. :pray:

But my question is ... at that point don't they have to make a Willie figure to go with them? And if they do, won't she be a tougher sell? (I know I don't really want her and probably wouldn't buy her if they released her on her own.)

So maybe Shorty gets a regular release and Willie comes with the Mine Cart? Or maybe they both come with the Mine Cart?

What do you guys think?

I want to PO this so bad.but since I have the SS one my GF has put her foot down.

lol even tried the "Can never have enough Indy's and he does come with a different outfit " didn't budge her

I want to PO this so bad.but since I have the SS one my GF has put her foot down.

lol even tried the "Can never have enough Indy's and he does come with a different outfit " didn't budge her

Just sell the SS one. That way she doesn't have an argument AND you have extra money for HT's Indy!

Or you could just buy it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back