Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the head we're seeing in the Map Room disguise is a tweaked version, then why hide it in a head dress!? Just show the damn thing and shut us up!Oh, about AniCon, apparently the star of the HT show there will be a GOD Bruce Lee!

CHEERS!

This is what I was thinking although I must admit that at first sight I thought it looked a little different but like said above why hide it?:dunno

IMG_1955.JPG

If you don't think that looks like Ford, then you're just determined to not see it.

What we can see does look better, but, we can't judge fully unless we see the whole thing. I think we scare them!

Most folk at AniCon will be too busy fawning over a new Bruce to even notice this figure.

CHEERS!

Is this our first look at the "tweaked sculpt"? It certainyl looks different to me...

164885_488155302343_58690437343_6403173_1023034_n.jpg

I think it's the same sculpt and what's happening is the flash of the camera is drowning out the stubble, which seems to be helping with his look. However, I'm pretty sure it's still the same sculpt. And if it's not, they did a terrible job "tweaking" it.

One of the strongest faults I see is that little pointy dip in the middle of his upper lip, which is not present (or at least not as pronounced) on Ford. The brighter photograph is probably just helping to flatten out that upper lip problem, and almost corrects it.

whosthat2.jpg

whosthat1.jpg

Actually the real Ford looks like he has PERS.[/QUOTE]

I think there are 2 prototypes. One for HT to show the Indy figure and one they did for SSC to showcase the Map Room set. They must have done a quick cast off the original sculpt to do the Map Room one.

CHEERS!

I'd still love to hear some first hand impressions of the figure from SDCC. Anyone out there?

12 mins into the video

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHQNC7jwcjM&feature=player_detailpage"]‪San Diego Comic Con 2011 Video Coverage 01 Hot Toys and Sideshow 1:6 Collectibles HCCTR‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks, Dino! I'll watch it during my lunch break later.

BTW, I had to look back at the beginning of this thread to remind myself of when Indy was announced. It was January this year--it feels like it's been SOOOOO long! And still another couple of months to go!

Thanks, Dino! I'll watch it during my lunch break later.

BTW, I had to look back at the beginning of this thread to remind myself of when Indy was announced. It was January this year--it feels like it's been SOOOOO long! And still another couple of months to go!

Yeah when I saw they had pencilled in Quarter 3, I was thinking why is it that DX's take so much longer to make. Bruce Lee took a long time too. Oh well hopefully it should be enough time to make things look better than they did in December, Jacket and hat especially :pray:

Any word on when this comes out? I saw where someone said their last Flex Pay payment was at the end of September. So is that looking to be the time? Has there been any other word?

Any word on when this comes out? I saw where someone said their last Flex Pay payment was at the end of September. So is that looking to be the time? Has there been any other word?

Well, Sideshow has just charged my first FlexPay payment (of three) this week, which should put this in line for a late September release.

However ... there have been a number of times in the past when I've paid the first several FlexPay payments on an item only to have Sideshow delay the final payment for a month ... or two or three or four ... until the item is actually ready to ship. So take that estimate with a grain of salt.

That said, if things are going smoothly behind the scenes, I'd say this starts shipping through Sideshow in September at the earliest.

I don't know what their timetables are with their Asian distributors, though. I understand they generally get things earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back