Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this is pretty much the last chance to see a revised Indy, isn't it? Otherwise we won't see what was changed until it ships, right?

Pretty much, but it's not the first time we have had to wait until a figure is released to see improvements. For all we know Hot Toys are still waiting on Lucasfilm to say OK you can use that sculpt?

Was really hoping to see an improved piece at comic-con so I could be tempted to get this. In person its nice but its nothing special especially so compared to so many pieces there. This piece for me has been nothing but a let down.

Oh yeah, Josh? Can you tell us more about your impressions? I've been hoping for more first hand accounts of the figure, even if it was for just the proto.

Not to rain on anyones parade. I don't want to be that guy.

The sculpt is a nice sculpt but in person I see less of Ford than I do on pictures. Detailing wise the outfits are both quite nice overall with the exception of the Indy Jacket. Extras and stuff he has some nice items of course.

Even within his own display box I thought Indy was lower on the list than Cap Jack (which was much better in person), Sweeny Todd, Baby Doll (again much better in person), and Amber. Then compare it to some of the stuff down in the Avatar/Pred box or Iron man and it gets lower and lower. Thats just all against the HT stuff. The Droids, Clones, Boba Fett, IG88 and the Joe figures were all better.

The sculpt is a nice sculpt but in person I see less of Ford than I do on pictures. Detailing wise the outfits are both quite nice overall with the exception of the Indy Jacket. Extras and stuff he has some nice items of course.

Even within his own display box I thought Indy was lower on the list than Cap Jack (which was much better in person), Sweeny Todd, Baby Doll (again much better in person), and Amber. Then compare it to some of the stuff down in the Avatar/Pred box or Iron man and it gets lower and lower. Thats just all against the HT stuff. The Droids, Clones, Boba Fett, IG88 and the Joe figures were all better.

This is a very solid, realistic review. And my fear.

Damn shame.

:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Thanks Josh

I have been on the fence about this figure since I first saw it and kept reading this thread to hopefully inspire me to swallow the nearly $300 price tag and get it, but nothing has happened and I still think it looks bad. Im glad to of heard a first person looks review and will most likely be passing Indy up...a shame too because I wanted a good Indy and HT truly disappointed but hey the good thing here is , HT will remake this guy in a years time probably so no harm no foul!

Good review, Josh. And good point regarding the jacket. It actually looks less impressive, fit-wise, than the SS one. Perhaps it's the way that the figure was displayed at SDCC that didn't help, either. Needed futzing and a better pose, too.

I just think that it's not a quantum leap better than the SS offering and thus, it is disappointing, especially at the price point that it's selling at.

Still glad that I pre-ordered only some choice loose parts from this one.

Hey Josh, was wondering if you could comment on the differences between the Indy in "Adventure Gear" and the Indy in "Arab Disguise" that were on display? Having seen them in person, were they exactly the same HS/paint apps? I've seen all kinds of wild speculation like he was going to come with two heads after all and that the "Arab Disguise" head didn't have the PERS.

I think all of us here have accepted the fact that the CTR pics of "Arab Disguise" Indy were just taken under different condtions than we have seen this figure photographed under previously, but it would be nice to have a first hand, eyewitness account.

This is a very solid, realistic review. And my fear.

Damn shame.

Thanks for the review, Josh.

Thanks Josh

I have been on the fence about this figure since I first saw it and kept reading this thread to hopefully inspire me to swallow the nearly $300 price tag and get it, but nothing has happened and I still think it looks bad. Im glad to of heard a first person looks review and will most likely be passing Indy up...a shame too because I wanted a good Indy and HT truly disappointed but hey the good thing here is , HT will remake this guy in a years time probably so no harm no foul!

No problem guys (everyone above this comment) I'm sorry to be that guy. It was a bummer for me thats for sure.

Good review, Josh. And good point regarding the jacket. It actually looks less impressive, fit-wise, than the SS one. Perhaps it's the way that the figure was displayed at SDCC that didn't help, either. Needed futzing and a better pose, too.

I just think that it's not a quantum leap better than the SS offering and thus, it is disappointing, especially at the price point that it's selling at.

Still glad that I pre-ordered only some choice loose parts from this one.

I agree its not light years better than SS Indy. For the price they're charging it should be without question.

Hey Josh, was wondering if you could comment on the differences between the Indy in "Adventure Gear" and the Indy in "Arab Disguise" that were on display? Having seen them in person, were they exactly the same HS/paint apps? I've seen all kinds of wild speculation like he was going to come with two heads after all and that the "Arab Disguise" head didn't have the PERS.

I think all of us here have accepted the fact that the CTR pics of "Arab Disguise" Indy were just taken under different condtions than we have seen this figure photographed under previously, but it would be nice to have a first hand, eyewitness account.

Looked like same paint aps and head sculpt to me. I couldn't tell any differences between the two for what thats worth. As far as I know he is going to come with one headsculpt but don't quote me on that.

Let me put it this way if there was any difference between the two its very minor at best. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back