Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody hell !!, I can't believe that I've had this on pre order (& fully paid for with Onesixthbruce) since December last year. In all that time we've not seen any official update pics & now we're into August with "in hand" pics nowhere in sight.
I'm not sorry that I p/o'd or paid up front but I can barely contain my frustration with HT - it's taking too damn long to get this mother____er out !
:goodpost:

Yes, and that info came from Hot Toys Japan, but where has anything been posted about Indy being delayed...other than here that is?

My thoughts exactly on this...

Yes, and that info came from Hot Toys Japan, but where has anything been posted about Indy being delayed...other than here that is?

:panic:

Fine, you will have your Indy as expected. Better? What do you want? DinoLast said he got info that this will be delayed until after Sparrow (its 4-5 pages back). I thought someone else (Batty) said their FlexPay changed to late October for the final payment. Those would be two indications it ain't coming this August. ALSO, we have no in-hand pics from Asia, which ALWAYS come a month before we receive it here.

Best you can hope for, IF we get in-hand pics this month, is September delivery.

Last edited:
Yep, that's better...thanks! :)

Don't get me wrong Wor-Gar, I'm not calling anyone a liar or anything. I know Dinolast posted here about Indy coming after Jack...I was just wondering what the source of this info was? I looked around and saw stuff about Jack, but nothing about Indy, so I was just wondering where this all came from.

September is still 3rd quarter. I know people that flex paid for him a while back said their scheduled last payment was September and that someone (TotalDominAsian) just posted the other day that they had just recently preordered and their flex pay schedule said October. I wasn't aware that those who had flex paid before had their schedule change from Septmeber to October though.

Last edited:
Does it really matter when Indy comes out? From all of the negative comments that I have read over the last couple months regarding Indy and how bad this and that is about the figure, it shouldn't matter when it comes out...it will come out when it comes out and it will obviously be done right. They could release it in December, June 2012 or even August 2013.... as long as it is perfected to their best of abilities.

Yep, that's better...thanks! :)

Don't get me wrong Wor-Gar, I'm not calling anyone a liar or anything. I know Dinolast posted here about Indy coming after Jack...I was just wondering what the source of this info was? I looked around and saw stuff about Jack, but nothing about Indy, so I was just wondering where this all came from.

September is still 3rd quarter. I know people that flex paid for him a while back said their scheduled last payment was September and that someone (TotalDominAsian) just posted the other day that they had just recently preordered and their flex pay schedule said October. I wasn't aware that those who had flex paid before had their schedule change from Septmeber to October though.

Yeah. And it's my understanding that sometimes people using the Flex pay option sometimes get their figure(s) after the initial shipment.
I wasn't trying to call anyone a liar either, but like Billy Ray, I just haven't seen anything official abotu Indy being delayed. And I wasnt convinced that just because Captain Jack is delayed, that also means Indy is delayed as well.

There's still been no official announcement from HT, correct? Unless I've missed something?
But I was told by a Sideshow employee that Indy is still on track for an end-of-September release.

Does it really matter when Indy comes out? From all of the negative comments that I have read over the last couple months regarding Indy and how bad this and that is about the figure, it shouldn't matter when it comes out...it will come out when it comes out and it will obviously be done right. They could release it in December, June 2012 or even August 2013.... as long as it is perfected to their best of abilities.

I guess it matters to those who are looking foward to him, like me. If they are delaying him so they can tweak him or whatever, then great! Honestly, I just want to know when to expect him. Even though I have the money set aside already, some of us need to plan for large expenses like this.

I would say give HT as much time as they need to do this right. October? Fine, as long as we see some effort to correct at least the sculpt. There's really no rush to get this for anyone. If you could get this in a week as it is or in 2 months with improvements, wouldn't you wait the couple weeks?

Anyway, I have no idea what's official and what's not, I just absorb whatever is floating around here... and sometimes that's not good. :)

LOL, yeah, be careful what you abosorb...especially in this thread!

I think part of the issue with some people having their final FlexPay payment scheduled for September and others for October (or later) could have more to do with when the figure was ordered, and not so much when the figure will be released.

The FlexPay schedule for this one is three months. So if you ordered in July (or earlier), then your payments would be July/August/September. If you ordered after that, then it would be the next three months following your order (for instance, August/September/October).

Now, that said, Sideshow often adjusts their FlexPay schedules as release dates get closer. (Most often, for me anyway, they'll charge the first few payments and then hold off on the last one till the piece actually is ready to ship.)

So far, I haven't received any notice from Sideshow that they're changing the payment schedule on this one. (The first of my three payments cleared at the end of July. My next one is due in a couple weeks.)

Hope that helps!

I would say give HT as much time as they need to do this right. October? Fine, as long as we see some effort to correct at least the sculpt. There's really no rush to get this for anyone. If you could get this in a week as it is or in 2 months with improvements, wouldn't you wait the couple weeks?

Anyway, I have no idea what's official and what's not, I just absorb whatever is floating around here... and sometimes that's not good. :)

LOL, yeah, be careful what you abosorb...especially in this thread!
:clap:goodpost:
Hahaha, yeah, I think we should definitely be careful of absorbing too much from this thread.

Maybe this is a sacriligious post in this thread, but I have faith in HT putting out a good product. It's true that they haven't put out new pictures or shown anything new, but it won't be the first time the porduction piece from them is better than what was shown before.
Anyway, I can say for sure that I spoke to a gentleman at Sideshow after the Captain Jack delay news, and he told me that they've been informed that Indy is still on tap for September.

But yeah, if October or even Novemeber means a better figure (I may be in the majority here, but I liked the first shots we were shown better than most), I'm all for it.
I'm just anxious for a new DX, even more since it's such an Icon.

I think part of the issue with some people having their final FlexPay payment scheduled for September and others for October (or later) could have more to do with when the figure was ordered, and not so much when the figure will be released.

The FlexPay schedule for this one is three months. So if you ordered in July (or earlier), then your payments would be July/August/September. If you ordered after that, then it would be the next three months following your order (for instance, August/September/October).

Now, that said, Sideshow often adjusts their FlexPay schedules as release dates get closer. (Most often, for me anyway, they'll charge the first few payments and then hold off on the last one till the piece actually is ready to ship.)

So far, I haven't received any notice from Sideshow that they're changing the payment schedule on this one. (The first of my three payments cleared at the end of July. My next one is due in a couple weeks.)

Hope that helps!

If the item has been released while you're still doing flex pay payments, can you opt to pay the rest of the balance immediately?

Yes. You just have to call them up & say that you would like to pay the rest. I've done it a few times.

There's really no rush to get this for anyone. If you could get this in a week as it is or in 2 months with improvements, wouldn't you wait the couple weeks?

you mean.. the couple months? couple weeks is nothing. couple months?! well now thats just a life time! :horror

I finally got around to placing my preorder for this one.

I don't mind a delay if we are getting some improvements.

But even if we don't, it's still the best Indy collectable out there. I don't care for them statues with the real clothes.

I finally got around to placing my preorder for this one.

I don't mind a delay if we are getting some improvements.

But even if we don't, it's still the best Indy collectable out there. I don't care for them statues with the real clothes.

:goodpost: Eamon is unable to speak anything but the truth.

A few weeks ago, lots of people in the forum were saying that they cancelled their PO's because of the lack of a new HS at SDCC. I'm just curious how these cancellations affect the schedule for the figure? I doubt there were too many, but maybe SS extended the PO time to make up for the cancelled orders? It's feasible that all of the cancelled orders were already in production...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back