Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Hot Toys will have a booth at the Singapore Toy, Game, & Comic Convention, which is 20-21 August. Maybe we will see get to see the fabled, "tweaked" Indy there.

Keeping my fingers crossed. Since it was'nt unveiled at Comiccon or the other con, this has GOT to be the con.:impatient:

Apparently Hot Toys will have a booth at the Singapore Toy, Game, & Comic Convention, which is 20-21 August. Maybe we will see get to see the fabled, "tweaked" Indy there.

Nahh, I doubt it, it'll be quicker and easier just to use what was seen at SDCC and AniCom. We said the same before each one and look what happened!

CHEERS!

I agree, Rogerbee. At this point I'll be surprised to see a revised sculpt at all before the figure is released. Chances are we won't see anything new till the in-hand photos start surfacing once it ships.

Like I said, they're probably working on a sculpt but they probably didn't have it done by the time SDCC and Anicom rolled around. Patience, we won't be getting the Andy Samberg as Indiana Jones sculpt.

It's pretty sad when Indiana Jones is my second favorite movie franchise and I didn't preorder this, but I had no second thought of preordering the Captain America figure and I have no back history at all with the comic and preordered it before seeing the movie which I thought was just ok. Come on Hot Toys, give us fans the ultimate Indy!!!

It's pretty sad when Indiana Jones is my second favorite movie franchise and I didn't preorder this, but I had no second thought of preordering the Captain America figure and I have no back history at all with the comic and preordered it before seeing the movie which I thought was just ok. Come on Hot Toys, give us fans the ultimate Indy!!!

Very true! :exactly:

... or ur just as big of a fan as u think? :stick

Like I said, they're probably working on a sculpt but they probably didn't have it done by the time SDCC and Anicom rolled around. Patience, we won't be getting the Andy Samberg as Indiana Jones sculpt.

Agreed- HT will release this with an amazing sculpt and we'll see it WHEN the figure is released, typical HT there!!!

:exactly: Amen brother! Those would be my second and third Hot Toys figures.

Hey Guys,

I stopped by Toy Hunters last night after work.

They had both Indy's displayed, same from the Anime Expo. The one in full gear, and the map room robes.

The one in robes i was staring for a few minutes, it definetly looks different from the proto everyone is used to seeing.

I went in, asked the staff regarding the release.

They said, release is still on track as Q3 release, which can be anytime before the end of September.

Regarding the prototype, the guy told me that those are 2 seperate sculpts. Since the sculpt is not final, they didn't put the prototype into a mold and make 10 copies to pass around conventions. The Indy's we've been seeing is the same figure, passed around and around. The map round Indy is the same Map Room Indy passed around and around.

Sculpt is not final, according to the worker at Toy Hunters.

Also... one more thing, in front of their window, on the display, Indy is officially Sold out. You can't pre-order this guy anymore, which is pretty rare. Usually you can walk into Toy Hunters and pre-order a figure as long as it isin't officially out yet. The sold out sign is usually whipped out when the figure isin't selling that well and they limited the production run to a certain number. Like the first M Icons MJ or 300 Leonidas.

Hey Guys,

They had both Indy's displayed, same from the Anime Expo. The one in full gear, and the map room robes.

The one in robes i was staring for a few minutes, it definetly looks different from the proto everyone is used to seeing.

They said, release is still on track as Q3 release, which can be anytime before the end of September.

Regarding the prototype, the guy told me that those are 2 seperate sculpts. Since the sculpt is not final, they didn't put the prototype into a mold and make 10 copies to pass around conventions. The Indy's we've been seeing is the same figure, passed around and around. The map round Indy is the same Map Room Indy passed around and around.

Also... one more thing, in front of their window, on the display, Indy is officially Sold out. You can't pre-order this guy anymore, which is pretty rare. Usually you can walk into Toy Hunters and pre-order a figure as long as it isin't officially out yet. The sold out sign is usually whipped out when the figure isin't selling that well and they limited the production run to a certain number. Like the first M Icons MJ or 300 Leonidas.

:goodpost: All good news!

Hey Guys,

Leonidas didn't sell well?!? Is that why he's so expensive now? No wonder I had to fork over so much cash. He's highly wanted now... And not many produced. What were people thinking...

300 is a cult movie in my opinion and will never have the huge following compared to Indiana Jones, but this is all good news regarding the HT Indy :D :clap

Leonidas didn't sell well?!? Is that why he's so expensive now? No wonder I had to fork over so much cash. He's highly wanted now... And not many produced. What were people thinking...

(Apologies for the OT)

Well, Hot Toy's produces their quanity depending on interest and pre-orders received. At the time, everyone was passing on Leonidas, so there weren't alot made.

You also see there is a trend of over producing from them.

Case be: Michael Jackson Trhiller and the 2 recent smiling Bruce's.

When Billie Jean MJ came out, everyone passed on it. They made a small number, and when MJ passed, everyone was panicking and prices soared. Then to match the number of requests for MJ, they mass produced Thriller like crazy, to this day, you can still get it cheap.

Same with the DX04 Enter the Dragon. That baby was sold out, and even that extra body was fetching insane cash. To fill the void, Hot Toys thought everyone would jump on the casuals and mass produced. Its been out for months, and they still have IN STOCK at Toy Hunters store which 95% of the time, if you don't pre-order you dont get one.

The Sold Out means they are not mass producing Indy, they already have a set number they are going to stick to. Thats it. If the final scuplt comes out nice, people who havent pre-ordered either your gonna have to fight for one, or pray they MASS produce a Temple of Doom Indy.

(I'm still waiting for my improbable Leonidas ver.2, which will never happen).

Good to hear that HT has changed their sculpt. Hopefully it looks much more like Ford. I gotta see pics before I'll order though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back