Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That'd result in a bigger hat! That's what they'd have to do to get it to sit right. What has happened is that they had to give Indy a bigger upper head to accommodate the PERS and whoever did the hat didn't take this into account.

The hat is in scale, but, they'd have to shrink his head to get it to fit. Trev had to shrink the top of his Henry sculpt in order for an in scale hat to be removable.

The job they've done on this Indy is so full of errors and miscalculations, and boy is it costing them!

CHEERS!

That's already like a free HT if you ask me! :horror

How much is the reward point? Is this from SS btw? :cuckoo:

Yeah I'm getting this from SS. Reward points are $1 for every $20 spent.

I didn't mention that I still have to pay for shipping, but let's get real. At around $25 shipped, I can pretty easily get over any potential flaws.

Ah, but, that's pre-orders, do they say how many of those pre-orders have since been cancelled!? HT have handled this very poorly and one hopes they learn from it.

CHEERS!

Ah, but, that's pre-orders, do they say how many of those pre-orders have since been cancelled!? HT have handled this very poorly and one hopes they learn from it.

CHEERS!

CHEERS!

CHEERS!

You can say that again :lol

Well if people are being told it's sold out, it must mean they are not getting that many people cancelling. I am sure they will have them in stock at the time of release, but it would be crazy to stop taking pre-orders for a bad seller

CHEERS!

Only in your eyes !!!

You seem to have a lot to say about almost everything but never really look at the facts.

Here they are!!!

1. Hot Toys release prototype of Indiana Jones in Dec 2010

2. Big out cry from fans not happy with head sculpt and etc.

3. Jan/ Feb 2011 Arnie Kim tells forum that sculpt is till being worked on and is not Final.

4. People contact Hot Toys and get emails replying " Not Final product there will be changes and tweaks.

5. Comic Con 2011 the same prototypes are shown with two different head sculpts.

6. People panic and contact Hot Toys. Same reply once again " Not Final product there will be changes and tweaks."

7. Ani - com once again the same prototypes are shown with two different head sculpts.

8. This week Toyhunter confirms what some of us could see but were shot down that there is two prototype heads sculpts and they are not the final and he is sold out!!

So there we go they are the actual stages and facts.

If i have missed anything please anyone correct me.

So all the other rubbish that we are going to see a new head sculpt every week and Hot Toys have not addressed this situation.

Most of all this thread has been people's vivid imagination.

Last edited:
Only in your eyes !!!

You seem to have a lot to say about almost everything but never really look at the facts.

Here they are!!!

3. Jan/ Feb 2011 Arnie Kim tells forum that sculpt is till being worked on and is not Final.

4. People contact Hot Toys and get emails replying " Not Final product there will be changes and tweaks.

5. Comic Con 2011 the same prototypes are shown with two different head sculpts.

6. People panic and contact Hot Toys. Same reply once again " Not Final product there will be changes and tweaks."

7. Ani - com once again the same prototypes are shown with two different head sculpts.

8. This week Toyhunter confirms what some of us could see but were shot down that there is two prototype heads sculpts and they are not the final and he is sold out!!

So all the other rubbish that we are going to see a new head sculpt every week and Hot Toys have not addressed this situation.

:goodpost::exactly::clap:clap:clap

I feel like people are taking this too personally. They're acting as if HT has a vendetta & has set out to do them wrong. Wait for the in-hand shots, then make judgement calls.

Only in your eyes !!!

Here they are!!!

:lecture:goodpost::clap:clap:clap

Best post I've seen in this thread.
And it's been a trainwreck since like, page 2.

Only in your eyes !!!

Here they are!!!

So true, :goodpost:
I guess we just have to be patient.

Picture84-1.png

So has anyone said what the differences are between these two sculpts? The eyes are definitely looking in different directions. Can't seem to find two pics from the same angle.

Sure the headscarf isn't giving a little Clark Kent effect?

And the more straight on the proto sculpt is, the more it looks like HF.

Only in your eyes !!!

Here they are!!!

The only thing you missed, is that both headsculpts seen so far are rubbish.
And the difference between them is negligible at best.

I'm hoping for the best as well, I fully paid for this on pre-order quite a while back.
So I'm obviously not a hater!

Picture84-1.png

So has anyone said what the differences are between these two sculpts? The eyes are definitely looking in different directions. Can't seem to find two pics from the same angle.

Sure the headscarf isn't giving a little Clark Kent effect?

And the more straight on the proto sculpt is, the more it looks like HF.

Honestly? I don't think there IS a difference, it's the same head. The "tweaks" that folks have been attributing to the 'Cairo head' are just a matter or different quality light from different angles casting shadows in different direction across the head (which is 2/3 concealed on the Cairo outfit) of a figure that's been photographed from different angles at different shows. Oh, and the eyes have been re-aligned due to the PERS ability. All the fundamental features of the sculpt remain the same between 'regular' Indy and 'Cairo' Indy. The shape of the lips, the nasolabial folds, the shape of the nose, the furrows of the brow - all the same. If there is a refined head sculpt, it hasn't been shown off publicly yet. Aside from the off-the-mark sculpted Ford likeness, my other major concern with this figure is how the damned hat perches atop Indy's head; it's the main element of the costume that reeeaaalllly throws a monkey-wrench in the likeness of Ford as Indy. Two days ago, I went from a thread with photos showcasing the new HT Sweeney Todd to this thread and a picture of Indy with the too-small hat, looking very non-Indy...it was a bummer. Still holding on to hope, though! :pray::pray::pray:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back