Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, both the hat and hairpiece will be soft vinyl. The hairpiece on the DX Bruce Lee is soft vinyl and I expect Indy's will be too.

The problem came because the two were sculpted separately. SSC had the best idea when it came to the fit and sit of the hat as it was originally incorporated as part of the sculpt.

It's likely that Arnie didn't sculpt the hat, otherwise it would fit better. I can't see a sculptor like him not taking that into account.

I think you're wrong: under the hat is no hairpiece. There is only one hairpiece for the maproom outfit.

From the specs:

The Indiana Jones Collectible Figure features:
•Authentic, detailed, fully realized likeness of Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones in 'Indiana Jones - Raiders of the Lost Ark'
•Newly developed, hand-painted head sculpt with Parallel Eyeball Rolling System (PERS)
•Movie-accurate facial expression with detailed wrinkles, skin texture and beard
Two (2) hair styles, including one (1) for wearing fedora and one (1) for wearing headscarf
•Stands approximately 30 cm tall

This pic I just found on OSW made me smile:

23h9li9.jpg

Do you think he's pre-ordered the HT one!?

•Authentic, detailed, fully realized likeness of Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones in 'Indiana Jones - Raiders of the Lost Ark'

Yeah, right! :slap

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

That is awesome because I thought he hated the merchandising aspect of his popular films.

I heard the story with that was he got those for Callista's son. Really cool that he's not too fuddy duddy to get something for a kid when he's excited.

No, both the hat and hairpiece will be soft vinyl. ... SSC had the best idea when it came to the fit and sit of the hat as it was originally incorporated as part of the sculpt...

Rog, I know this was discussed ad nasium about 400 pages back, but I'll repeat. From my perspective and that of a lot of others (maybe 50 %) and in keeping with what is expected of this type of action figure: molding or glueing the hat to the head was the absolute worst idea

Jim

Rog, I know this was discussed ad nasium about 400 pages back, but I'll repeat. From my perspective and that of a lot of others (maybe 50 %) and in keeping with what is expected of this type of action figure: molding or glueing the hat to the head was the absolute worst idea

Jim

That's as maybe, but there was no compromise and the extra head made up for the rest.

I'd say the molded hat/head combo is probably the best that can be done for the scale.

I have to admit the HT version, which sounds like it's a secondary hairpiece sculpted smaller so the hat fits on top of it, sounds a little dumb. So HT really sculpted a "hat hair" version, with the hair all flat? So when you want to switch to a hatless Indy, you have to take the hat off, then take the sculpted hat-hair piece off, then replace it with his full coiffure piece? Sounds a little redundant.

It's also been suggested that maybe the hat is attached to the second hair piece, which sounds a little better, but negates any ability to adjust the hat position.

Having a hat that will fit over Indy's regular hair is almost impossible because the hat would end up being oversized in order to fit over his coiffure.

While I agree changing the entire head is not the most efficient solution either, I don't think HT's idea is all that much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back