Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Hot Toys is making a pretty big showing at the Singapore Con. Roll those dice, maybe we'll see something.

Looks like Hot Toys is making a pretty big showing at the Singapore Con. Roll those dice, maybe we'll see something.

Yeah, a big showing just like at SDCC. . .

And a big showing just like at Ani-Com. . .

Seriously, PUH-LEEEEEZZZ someone put this thread out of its misery.

Hmm. Looks like this is actually getting pushed back a month from the original release date.

Just got a FlexPay e-mail from Sideshow:

"Dear Valued Customer,

It’s almost that time! Your Flex Pay schedule for the Indiana Jones DX 1:6 scale figure - Raiders of the Lost Ark (MFG# DX05] (item # 901264FLEX) will begin on August 25, 2011. Please be sure that funds are available on the credit card submitted with this order, so that your payments can be processed appropriately.

PAYMENT SCHEDULE
Item: Indiana Jones DX 1:6 scale figure - Raiders of the Lost Ark (MFG# DX05] ($249.99)

NRD (Non-Refundable Deposit): $25.00 per item
August 25, 2011: $75.00
September 25, 2011: $75.00
October 25, 2011: $74.99"

Which is curious, since I'm pretty sure the first payment was already deducted from my credit card on JULY 25th. Oh well. That just means they'll charge me this month, skip September, and charge me the remaining balance in October. That's usually how these things go.

I wonder if this is just a run-of-the-mill production/distribution delay or if this is an indication that some additional work is being done. Hmm ...

Here's hoping! :pray:

Just got this Info.
. Indy is now scheduled for September/October

:wave:wave

Hot Toys have informed us that additional work is being done

No they really have not.

Sideshow's customer service and people who attended CC have said work is being done. HT hasn't said a word.

I would assume like most the delay is because of that but theres a huge differance in us assuming and them saying it/it being done.

They have cut lines like Tron and Platoon short, because they are bogged down and backlogged. We've seen tons of license announcements and figures without official specs yet. Its possible the delay is just a delay.

I think the delays in all their lines are simply because they're backlogged with way too much stuff and making order out of it, getting it booked on the ships, etc, is just taking its time to schedule properly.

I don't think the delays are due to 'extra work' or 'tweaking' or 'taking another crack at getting it right'. Even with the delay, if they had a sculpt that was ready, approved and going into production to make October, we certainly could have seen the prototype by now. And we surely would have if it was anything exceptional. Why wouldn't HT show it? Its probably a small change, not worth showing... and besides they've already "sold out" in asia, right? No new orders.

Glad that this figure is being worked on. The headsculpt really needs it.

In all fairness...

We thought we were going to get the T-1000 sculpt on the left right up until it was released and we saw that we we would instead get the better sculpt on the right:

TweakT1000.jpg

Just saying... and hoping they do the same with Indy.

M.

Is the above a joke? I barely see any difference between the two sculpts, just the ears...slightly, very slightly. What were the changes for the better on T-1000? From what I see above its just camera angle and lighting that's different.

Indy needs a little more work than that. A lot actually.

I agree that Indy needs more work than the T-1000, but the T-1000 is a solid example of HT improving a sculpt before release. The shape of the head is widened towards the top, the brow looks different...it's tough to pin down the changes but they're definitely there. I remember being blown away when I saw the first pic of a production fig, because I had gotten so used to the proto pics.

I know there was a lot of talk about improvements to the T-1000, but I never followed the chatter enough to know what those changes were. I just don't see much difference in those two pictures posted.

But I love my T-1000, whatever they did they did an excellent job.

I know there was a lot of talk about improvements to the T-1000, but I never followed the chatter enough to know what those changes were. I just don't see much difference in those two pictures posted.

But I love my T-1000, whatever they did they did an excellent job.

It is really bizarre how people see things totally differently. I'm not all that familiar with the T-1000 fig, but those two sculpts shown do look the same to me, except the one on the right is looking up more.

The lighting and background is completely different too (cool toy review's pics are weirdly lit - the colors are always totally off; check German Indy pics vs. in-hand.)

have you guys seen the Indiana Jones head sculpt photo without paint? Not sure if it's the same headsculpt on the proto, but it looks way better without the paint if it is.

It also looks like they're going to be doing a 1/6 C-3PO!

Is the above a joke? I barely see any difference between the two sculpts, just the ears...slightly, very slightly. What were the changes for the better on T-1000? From what I see above its just camera angle and lighting that's different.

Indy needs a little more work than that. A lot actually.

No, it's not a joke... you just need to look closer, i didn't have all day to go through all the pics of the T-1000, i just grabbed two and slammed them together... yes, they are slightly different angles, so feel free to look about and find ones that are the same, i am sure their out there.

I agree that Indy needs more work than the T-1000, but the T-1000 is a solid example of HT improving a sculpt before release. The shape of the head is widened towards the top, the brow looks different...it's tough to pin down the changes but they're definitely there. I remember being blown away when I saw the first pic of a production fig, because I had gotten so used to the proto pics.

Or better yet, take Marf's word for it... he speaks truths! :exactly:

M.

Actually, the fact it's not on a TT should have been an even bigger give-away.

Now I've got a PERS head in hand (DX Bruce) and have seen what the mechanism is like and how it sits inside the head, the hat on Indy is an easy fix. They just need to sculpt a new hairpiece, a much less major job than resculpting the entire head.

Even if they never fix the head they could still fix that

No, it's not a joke... you just need to look closer, i didn't have all day to go through all the pics of the T-1000, i just grabbed two and slammed them together... yes, they are slightly different angles, so feel free to look about and find ones that are the same, i am sure their out there.

Or better yet, take Marf's word for it... he speaks truths! :exactly:

M.

I believe you -- well, I believe you believe what you're saying. And I did look close, but I don't have all day either to do something like that. Nor a real interest. Besides, I said I'm happy with what they did to the T-1000. IF they do that for Indy, I'm sure I'll be equally happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back