Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
45 pages in less than 24 hrs. :panic:

HT really need to take this Indy back to the drawing board.:slap

JJ mentioned what I think is the biggest detractor -- the irises on the PERS eyes are way too dark. Way, way too dark. Nothing to throw off a likeness like giving a hazel-eyed person chocolate brown eyes. His other notes are great too.

JJ for HT Quality Controller!

45 pages in less than 24 hrs. :panic:

HT really need to take this Indy back to the drawing board.:slap

Redesign a $250 Indy figure with a poor likeness, meaty neck, poor belts, crappy whip, thick jacket, and rehashed sideshow accessories?! :dunno

Waaaah! The price is killin' me! :panic: Now I'm a little confuse after seeing the PO price whether to still get this figure or not! :cuckoo:

more and more I am leaning towards just buying the parts I want out of it... really just want the clothing.. maybe the revolver..

People are complaining way too much considering we know for a fact - as opposed to just hoping - that Arnie Kim is still working on this sculpt and is even aware of the hat placement criticism.

He's got another few months to get it right still.

Looks more like the guy who gave Indy the hat in 1912.

Exactly what I was thinking. It's actually a great sculpt for him.

indynb.jpg

indyhtief.jpg

People are complaining way too much considering we know for a fact - as opposed to just hoping - that Arnie Kim is still working on this sculpt and is even aware of the hat placement criticism.

He's got another few months to get it right still.

Do we know this for a fact? :dunno

All I got from the FB page was Kim's "yes" that implies only that they were looking into potentially making revisions to the sculpt. Not that they were making those revisions.

I got an email today from JJ (Rismo) making sure I had received my repainted SS Indy I commissioned from him, and he went on to talk about the Photoshop manip he did in his spare time today. He doesn't visit the boards anymore so I let him know that his work had generated some buzz :lol

"The HT sculpt has me worried. I saw it on their facebook this morning. I was sitting in a business meeting so I opened photoshop and made some suggestions. hopefully they take everyone's suggestions into consideration! It's really a nice sculpt from the nose down. I attached a pic incase you wanted to see."

indyhottoys.jpg

:eek You sir are brilliant. Where can I buy your figure?

I think the Indy sculpt is fine.
perhaps placement of eyebows could be adjusted
perhaps neck size could be adjusted or neck or body could be swaped out
The hat and its placement is of concern
possibly the guy who set up for the pics did'nt place it right
perhaps the hair dryer trick could be applied to make it fit better
maybe HT will fix it themselves before release
If the hat is actually attached to the wig THAT WOULD BE A PROBLEM
but...
from the way the 2 hairstyles and the fedora are listed as separate items in the specs I guess and hope that's not the case
Asking for a NRFD on a preorder of something that is not shown as FINALIZED and cost $250 is NOT FAIR

QUESTION: Does the NRFD apply to the other merchants and would that cause them to pass that or a high cost along to customers?

btw re: how extended the line would go ???

Some folks have expressed an intrest in a TOD Indy
How many could really afford 2 Indy's at @ 250 ea ?
How many would put out $ 100 + for a supporting character of Sallah ? (I know 10-20 of you will jump right on this--but I'm talking about cost effectiveness for HT)
What I'm saying is just because this may be the only HT Indy fig , don't look at it like a cancelled license or a failure
i don't expect another Godfather character after Don Corleone.
...or a Roadie or Comm Gordon or Alfred---GET REAL folks these are EXPENSIVE high end figs --don't expect supporting characters for these prices

my thoughts for now

Jim

I was intending on purchasing this originally but at $250 (220+ for preorder I presume on sites like AE etc) its simply too pricey...Not sure what HT is thinking...with each new DX they keep bumping the price point. At this rate Reeves Superman is going to be $300.:mad:

I have pretty high hopes for the sculpt getting tweaked on this one. The one thing that got me was the price. I was def. not expecting this to be priced so high.

Still I managed to get it for $100.00 by using my reward points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back