Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the figure looks amazing and I know hot toys will fix some of the problems.

is just a prototype people relax

we need Constructive Criticism not figure bashing.

:slap

the figure looks amazing and I know hot toys will fix some of the problems.

is just a prototype people relax

we need Constructive Criticism not figure bashing.

:slap

I think most people here are being constructive. Some have offered photoshopped pics suggesting improvements, most have mentioned a change they would like to see. I just hope HT listens carefully and Arnie takes the suggestions to heart. And I see no problem with people expressing concern over the price of this item, as it is very expensive.

Problem is, I think the hair piece is his entire head of hair, so if you take it off, could look really goofy.

This is the only Indy which will be made by them
This is deluxe
This is $250
HE MUST BE ALMOST PERFECT!
dolf_ru_128.gif

I understand that this is a prototype (clear even for idiots). BUT... prototype should be a good advertisement for the product & here it turns quite the opposite. So this is either a very well-planned marketing ploy (purposely make a prototype as ____ then say "LOOK we are good, we listen our customers ")... or just the last stage of complete indifference.

The main problem now - body.
It's absolutely not appropriate.

Problem is, I think the hair piece is his entire head of hair, so if you take it off, could look really goofy.

Alopecia Jones, I presume?

I gave this one the benefeit of the doubt, but the latest pictures show only an Indy impersonator. There's a long way to go before this is worth $250.

Surly HT can get the hat to fit right on his head, it must b one of the easiest things for them to do. I just hope they get the sculpt right to, I think there so close just a few more tweaks but I've got to say the paint is awesome. Oh & sort that tree trunk of a neck out

Surly HT can get the hat to fit right on his head, it must b one of the easiest things for them to do. I just hope they get the sculpt right to, I think there so close just a few more tweaks but I've got to say the paint is awesome. Oh & sort that tree trunk of a neck out

Arnie Kim's answer, on his Facebook, to the question whether the hat would pull down further, was "I think so."

Coming from the sculptor, that didn't sound like a very confident answer.

JJ mentioned what I think is the biggest detractor -- the irises on the PERS eyes are way too dark. Way, way too dark. Nothing to throw off a likeness like giving a hazel-eyed person chocolate brown eyes. His other notes are great too.

JJ for HT Quality Controller!

He's spot on except for that bit about the hat being more narrow at the top. Indy's hat in Raiders is like a stove pipe. It's straight-sided with no taper. His Hat in ToD had the taper. Otherwise, JJ's right on the money!

Last edited:
It´s a great figure, but not the best hot toys can give us.

a little mod with one of the the main problem, the shape of the hat and his adjustment.

5378221832_157f81716d_b.jpg

While the shape of the hat may not be right, I'd consider that secondary to being able to sit on his head properly. A perfectly sculpted had is worthless if it's ridding high on his head.

It´s a great figure, but not the best hot toys can give us.

a little mod with one of the the main problem, the shape of the hat and his adjustment.

5378221832_157f81716d_b.jpg
Extremely minor change makes a massive difference. It is all about the hat--shape, size, how it fits, something. Fix that first and foremost, Hot Toys.

still needs to have the front pinch seriously altered.. needs to be a narrow pinch all the way down the front.. HUGE Raiders fedora characteristic that makes it stand out from the other films

While the shape of the hat may not be right, I'd consider that secondary to being able to sit on his head properly. A perfectly sculpted had is worthless if it's ridding high on his head.

Hat is secondary to the likeness. For $250, HT should've bullseyed the likeness. Especially given Sideshow (Trevor) nailed it 100%. HT has absolutely no excuse.

Hat is secondary to the likeness. For $250, HT should've bullseyed the likeness. Especially given Sideshow (Trevor) nailed it 100%. HT has absolutely no excuse.

Well yeah, I just meant in terms of the hat, it fitting on his head properly mattered more than it's design, but even a perfectly sculpted, perfectly fitting hat doesn't help with rough likeness pinhead.

The pinhead is possibly my biggest gripe. Putting it on a smaller body might not be an option if the clothes are sized specifically to a bigger body. Then the body change wouldn't solve the pinhead issue.

I want to want this figure but theres a lot going against it. Yet I also want to not want it for money reasons.

Likeness is good enough
I still have to argue that a figure at this price point should never just be good enough.. it needs to be right on the money... I think the frustration lies in the fact that HT is perfectly capable of nailing this.. they just seem to be fumbling a bit..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back