Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know this for a fact? :dunno

All I got from the FB page was Kim's "yes" that implies only that they were looking into potentially making revisions to the sculpt. Not that they were making those revisions.

Taken from Arnie Kim's Facebook:

Dino Last:
Hi Arnie, I just want to say I think the sculpt looks great, a real intense look that I have not seen done before. I just wanted know if the hat can come down more, as I would like to see less of a gap between the ear and the brim of the hat. Once again great work

Arnie Kim:
I think so Dino.

:lecture this is better than a no!!

Dino Last:
Hi Arnie, I just want to say I think the sculpt looks great, a real intense look that I have not seen done before. I just wanted know if the hat can come down more, as I would like to see less of a gap between the ear and the brim of the hat. Once again great work

Arnie Kim:
I think so Dino.

ThaT nails it ----I'm preordering

$250, huh? My Sideshow version suddenly looks a whole lot better.

Seriously, at this price point I may have bought my last HT figure. I wasn't willing to spend $200 for the T1, so I can imagine that the DX Reeve Superman will be off the charts.

Yea I'm preordering too... obviously everyone is respectfully entitled to their opinions, however, this is released in Q3 and that is more than enough time for Hot Toys and Arnie Kim to collect constructive criticism before producing the final product..

Although I'm a new collector of Hot Toys, I know that they will come through and make the necessary adjustments to satisfy their buyers.

$250, huh? My Sideshow version suddenly looks a whole lot better.

Seriously, at this price point I may have bought my last HT figure. I wasn't willing to spend $200 for the T1, so I can imagine that the DX Reeve Superman will be off the charts.

Yeah, I don't care of this looks exactly like Harrison at $250 I'm out. Thats just getting way out of hand.

Do we know this for a fact? :dunno

All I got from the FB page was Kim's "yes" that implies only that they were looking into potentially making revisions to the sculpt. Not that they were making those revisions.

I was referring to this one.

IndyArnie.jpg

Apologies if I read it wrong but it looks to me like someone asks the direct question 'are you redoing this?' and he answers 'yes' ?

I paid $300 for a Kim, Enterbay FOF Bruce Lee.

It (Ford sculpt) has to be perfect for me to drop $250ity on a HTs.

I will not pre-order this until I see in hand pictures with VAST improvements.

I got an email today from JJ (Rismo) making sure I had received my repainted SS Indy I commissioned from him, and he went on to talk about the Photoshop manip he did in his spare time today. He doesn't visit the boards anymore so I let him know that his work had generated some buzz :lol

"The HT sculpt has me worried. I saw it on their facebook this morning. I was sitting in a business meeting so I opened photoshop and made some suggestions. hopefully they take everyone's suggestions into consideration! It's really a nice sculpt from the nose down. I attached a pic incase you wanted to see."

indyhottoys.jpg

Firstly I sent this pic to Arnie Kim via Facebook & I've just put it up on Hot Toys FB wall, they've gotta be shown that the sculpt needs tweaking !.

Question; this will be my first HT figure, so pardon my ignorance, but how exactly do the necks on these "muscle bodies" work? I can't really see a joint anywhere in these pics.

Question; this will be my first HT figure, so pardon my ignorance, but how exactly do the necks on these "muscle bodies" work? I can't really see a joint anywhere in these pics.

The top half of the torso is covered a kind of rubber "skin", under this the neck would appear to be articulated as normal (I.E: 2 ball joints - one at the top of the neck just under the actual head & one at the base of the neck inbetween the shoulders), I've got a Hot Toys Wolverine & Indy looks to be using the exact same body.

Overall it's a good figure not great around 90% of the way there for me, I'm sure they'll fix it, price is a abit of a concern at $250 though, Hot Toys should supply two bodies for that price.

Dino Last:

Arnie Kim:
I think so Dino.

The hat is only a very minor part of what is wrong with the figure. :lol

At $250 they better be looking at revisions.
If you cant get the hat to sit right in any of those release picts theyve got no business asking for that kind of dough.
This is where the line gets drawn in the sand for me personally in this hobby.
I'll put the same standard to HT as I do Sideshow, if youre going to jack up the price you'd better jack up the quality.
Especially when its Dr. Jones!
I love me some Indy Jones as much as the next guy but if I'm shelling out $250 its not going to be me doing the bending over.
C'mon HT, make this your Magnum Opus to fit our Holy Grail.
Balls to the wall HT!
Swallow your pride and hire Trevor Grove!!
It'll advance Sino-American relations light years.
:rock:rock:rock:rock

I got an email today from JJ (Rismo) making sure I had received my repainted SS Indy I commissioned from him, and he went on to talk about the Photoshop manip he did in his spare time today. He doesn't visit the boards anymore so I let him know that his work had generated some buzz :lol

"The HT sculpt has me worried. I saw it on their facebook this morning. I was sitting in a business meeting so I opened photoshop and made some suggestions. hopefully they take everyone's suggestions into consideration! It's really a nice sculpt from the nose down. I attached a pic incase you wanted to see."

indyhottoys.jpg

Great potential improvements ... hope that HT checks this out.

love the photoshopped version there!

this pic in particular reminds me of the steranko concept art for indy, with of harrison mixed in for good measure

98697697.jpg

is this a premium format figure? $250 wow....just wow....they better not try and pull $250 for Captain Jack Sparrow

Its a little crazy how undersized that head actually is in comparison to the photoshopped version by JJ

Its a little crazy how undersized that head actually is in comparison to the photoshopped version by JJ

In some ways it throwing the sculpt off even more for me as all i keep looking at is that fat neck, If that's the Wolverine body Indy's head must be tiny. At the very least the neck looks to be about 1/5th too thick for it !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back