Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ive been following this thread for a while and since my cancellation i havent commented, but here's my 2 cents....what you saw at SDCC is what your gonna get...if you are happy with that cool, if not :dunno . if there was gonna be a change in the sculpt why show it as is at SDCC...they could have used a "Coming Soon" cardboard placard...im hoping for the best for all of you guys but i really doubt the HS has been updated.

:exactly: I agree but I also hope the best for you guys. I know some of you guys still think its a good Ford likeness but I think it just not there lets hope HT does a TOD Indy and knocks it out the park.

I'm with the school of people who think that once we get some in hand pics this figure is gonna explode and sell out quick. Personally I thought it was awesome the first time saw the proto pics. It was only after people commented on the hat being to high up that that became the only potential issue for me. Still looking forward to having a Hot Toys Indy in my detolf.

I'm with the school of people who think that once we get some in hand pics this figure is gonna explode and sell out quick. Personally I thought it was awesome the first time saw the proto pics. It was only after people commented on the hat being to high up that that became the only potential issue for me. Still looking forward to having a Hot Toys Indy in my detolf.

:exactly: Well said sir!

At last, shipping notices, now, will we get any in hand pics before page 500!?

Or before we cross the 300,000 views mark. I don't think there's ever been a thread with so much demand for info and so little forthcoming.

And jeez, I wish people would drop the Alice comparisons. The final in-hand Alice is solid/decent, a good save, but definitely not HT's finest hour. I'm really hoping IF there is a revised Indy hs they have hit it out of the park. This is Indiana Jones AND a DX, it has to be gold! :lecture

I must say though, it is pretty exciting that this is coming down to the wire like this.:horror

I think you're absolutely right! They may correct some colors in the outfit but if the sculpt had been updated, we would have pics by now.

So it's either the same or they feel insecure with the result. Looks like Indy and Supes will be released with the same crappy heads.

Won't make me cancel though, love thoses characters too much too pass...

Still, it's sad to see what could have been...

Yet, another reason not to cancel is I'm pretty sure they'll release a TOD Indy in the future. Then it will be easy to get somme accurate loose heads to replace Raiders of the crappy sculpt head! :D

ive been following this thread for a while and since my cancellation i havent commented, but here's my 2 cents....what you saw at SDCC is what your gonna get...if you are happy with that cool, if not :dunno . if there was gonna be a change in the sculpt why show it as is at SDCC...they could have used a "Coming Soon" cardboard placard...im hoping for the best for all of you guys but i really doubt the HS has been updated.

Or before we cross the 300,000 views mark. I don't think there's ever been a thread with so much demand for info and so little forthcoming.

And jeez, I wish people would drop the Alice comparisons. The final in-hand Alice is solid/decent, a good save, but definitely not HT's finest hour. I'm really hoping IF there is a revised Indy hs they have hit it out of the park. This is Indiana Jones AND a DX, it has to be gold! :lecture

I must say though, it is pretty exciting that this is coming down to the wire like this.:horror

More frustrating than exciting. I don't even want the figure after the investment I put, and indeed still am putting, into my custom.

However, I understand what an important figure this is to the fans and still want HT to give them the figure they so deserve.

This HAS to be a US first release if there are no pics. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if one managed to "walk away" from the factory in China.

You know in a the are in a way cannibalizing themselves with so many releases. People have more choices and are going to become more pickly when it comes to making purchases.

Yeah! ....wait...what?

I meant if they spend the time on a good sclupt they can use it else were like a Han Solo, if they decide to.Similar to what they did with Kevin flyn and Iron monger same actor different products.

Last edited:
Maybe Spider-man is a more accurate comparison then?
When we all saw the pictures, everyone though the outfit sucked, with those boots, etc. Then nothing.
And when it was released, they'd entirely changed the costume.
There's so much doom and gloom in this thread, it seems like people forget that Hot toys have changed a lot of figures and never shown pictures of the changes.

When the time come for a HT Han Solo

1) it deserves it's own sculpt. Not just an Arnie Indy with different hair.
2) I'm not convinced Arnie Kim is their best sculptor. I certainly don't see why everyone waited from first unveil until now since HT hasn't demonstrated an improvement. They very likely could have had someone else do a new sculpt in the meantime and STILL made it to market faster.

You know in a the are in a way cannibalizing themselves with so many releases. People have more choices and are going to become more pickly when it comes to making purchases.

2194_12893-620x-THATS_A_BINGO.jpg

Stop worrying guys... HT is gonna produce the definitive Indy....why do you think they OWE us pics now of a revised sculpt and outfit????? So no pics now mean no changes?? Glad you know what is going on within HT corporate plans!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back