Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the hat will be adjustable. It seems as though it will just attach like the hairpiece.

(Haven't followed the whole thread, so sorry if this has been said)

I don't think the hat will be adjustable. It seems as though it will just attach like the hairpiece.

(Haven't followed the whole thread, so sorry if this has been said)

I think you're right. Otherwise there wouldn't be the extra non-hatted "wig."

:nono That's unacceptable at this price point.

Precisely.

Totally unacceptable.

HT ought to have top men working on this to put it right.

Unless, of course, it's all one big joke.

How could they manage to get so many things wrong by accident? The face, the neck, the body, the hat, the jacket, the shoes...

Why release a prototype that's so far from perfect, and then expect fans to pre-order it?

Only because they know some will pre-order it expecting everything to be put right.

Well, I'm not willing to put my trust in that happening, until I see it for myself.

the shoes...

Contrary to what has been said a number of times.. they actually nailed down the shoes to a T... however.. what they did is nail a perfect reproduction of the Aldens 405 boots as they appear right out of the box... (google "Aldens 405 Indy Boot and you will see what I mean).. They used Aldens for all of the Indy films but the props people obviously weathered the heck out of them for use on screen... I would imagine someone on staff there has a pair of Aldens and they used them for reference... with proper weathering the boots may be the best piece of this set !

Contrary to what has been said a number of times.. they actually nailed down the shoes to a T... however.. what they did is nail a perfect reproduction of the Aldens 405 boots as they appear right out of the box... (google "Aldens 405 Indy Boot and you will see what I mean).. They used Aldens for all of the Indy films but the props people obviously weathered the heck out of them for use on screen... I would imagine someone on staff there has a pair of Aldens and they used them for reference... with proper weathering the boots may be the best piece of this set !

But as it stands, the weathered, experienced adventurer looks like he scored himself some shiny new kicks. Completely out of place for an Indy figure. How could they ____ up on the belt color though. Such an easy detail. That was straight-up :lol.

But as it stands, the weathered, experienced adventurer looks like he scored himself some shiny new kicks. Completely out of place for an Indy figure. How could they ____ up on the belt color though. Such an easy detail. That was straight-up :lol.

Yeah, he should look perfect right from the box. Otherwise you start doing your own custom, and he's no longer the mint article. That is, he's no longer a production collectable, but a custom.

but if they weather the boots do they then need to weather the jacket, pants, shirt etc etc... personally I like to weather figures myself as factory weathering usually just looks strange.... as for the belt... yeah.. unacceptable.... (of course I may just be a little bit happy that the gun belt, holster, whip and sidebag are a bit lame though :lol )

Oh jeez! Belt colour?! Nam, you know that thread you started the other day? The one where you want a new HT forum so their fans can nit pic the ____ out of just this kind of thing? You'd fit right in:lecture:slap
HT need to fix the head more than anything. I'll let belt colours, chest hair placement go if they do

but if they weather the boots do they then need to weather the jacket, pants, shirt etc etc... personally I like to weather figures myself as factory weathering usually just looks strange.... as for the belt... yeah.. unacceptable.... (of course I may just be a little bit happy that the gun belt, holster, whip and sidebag are a bit lame though :lol )

The bitter irony though is that for that much, someone could just pick up the Sideshow figure, a TT and spend a little money with you and Sovereign and on a repaint and have a superior figure all the way around.

HT need to fix the head more than anything. I'll let belt colours, chest hair placement go if they do

Oh no, Chest hair! Have HT even failed to colour-match Harry's chest hair as well? :lol

thenammagazine said:
The bitter irony though is that for that much, someone could just pick up the Sideshow figure, a TT and spend a little money with you and Sovereign and on a repaint and have a superior figure all the way around.

It's possible, if you're prepared to wait 10 years for a Sovereign jacket!

When SS brought out their Indy I daydreamed the possibility of an HT version, and how good it would be. Having woken up from the dream, the reality is a disappointment that doesn't make much sense.

Oh jeez! Belt colour?! Nam, you know that thread you started the other day? The one where you want a new HT forum so their fans can nit pic the ____ out of just this kind of thing? You'd fit right in:lecture:slap

At Premium Format prices ($250), I'm all for Agent05-level critiquing. HotToys should expect and welcome it right down to the beard hairs. I recall stating that the very first night when this thread went up. Ironically, however, if they fixed the sculpt, I'd be down and I'd likely just pull from the Sideshow figure to fix what was wrong with this one. But there is so much wrong with him, mainly the botched likeness, that at $250, he really is a slap in the face to any non-HT fanboy who's a fan of Indy. :huh

And for the record, my complaint deals mainly with the amount of threads. ATM there are two regarding this figure. ;)

iffy likeness and sizing, generic fedora shape and fit, wrong belt color, ugly holster, lackluster jacket material, massive neck... the customers should be vocal about all the mistakes, esp at a $250 price point. :cuckoo:

Both 1:6 and 1:1 customizers have been making Indy for 20+ years. The info is out there. Maybe SS or LF passed HT some reference material.

Well i LOVE it- the likeness is very close and I have no doubt it will get better...it's still quite awhile to go until release. I think it is WORTH the cash because it goes all out IMO accessory-wise. No doubt this will be a complete sell out upon release!
Gary

iffy likeness and sizing, generic fedora shape and fit, wrong belt color, ugly holster, lackluster jacket material, massive neck... the customers should be vocal about all the mistakes, esp at a $250 price point. :cuckoo:

Both 1:6 and 1:1 customizers have been making Indy for 20+ years. The info is out there. Maybe SS or LF passed HT some reference material.

That big, fat bottom lip drives me nuts. :monkey4

Well i LOVE it- the likeness is very close and I have no doubt it will get better...it's still quite awhile to go until release. I think it is WORTH the cash because it goes all out IMO accessory-wise. No doubt this will be a complete sell out upon release!
Gary

Really? I have a huge problem with the rehashed accessories already available from Sideshow. The only new items are the staff of Ra, the maproom costume and his notebook. Everything else was done by Sideshow, and their idol pedestal was even better. I think Hot Toys would have benefited instead by releasing a true Deluxe Indy - one figure with all the film-specific items so he can be displayed from any film in his action gear. Maybe a second release could have been a DX Indy with all his disguises?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back