Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PERS is a gimmick that I would rarely use any any figure, if at all. It costs extra and often affects the aesthetic quality of whatever sculpt it's being used in conjunction with. I'm all for them perfecting the technology for those that like it, but I wish they wouldn't screw up extremely anticipated releases like Indy while they do it.
Even though i like the feature, they do need to use it wisely. A figure like this cannot be screwed up & if HT turned round & said "we can't sculpt an accurate portrait and include Pers" I'd be screaming for them to leave it out - but if Enterbay can do it with Bruce Lee, HT should be able to nail it with Indy.
If they'd used it on Royce or even Wolverine I feel it would've been acceptable to apply "unperfected" tech on a character that is nowhere near as iconic or as neccessary to get right as Indiana Jones !

Even though i like the feature, they do need to use it wisely. A figure like this cannot be screwed up & if HT turned round & said "we can't sculpt an accurate portrait and include Pers" I'd be screaming for them to leave it out - but if Enterbay can do it with Bruce Lee, HT should be able to nail it with Indy.
If they'd used it on Royce or even Wolverine I feel it would've been acceptable to apply "unperfected" tech on a character that is nowhere near as iconic or as neccessary to get right as Indiana Jones !

I always thought of PERS as a way to give collectors another chance to get previously produced and popular figures with a bit extra thrown into the package. Sure PERS is a gimmick, and one that needs to be improved, but it's still pretty innovative. I'd rather they released a MMS Indy first and then a DX version down the road, one with an assortment of costume pieces so you could display him from any of the original trilogy films and not the idol pedestal (again).

I always thought of PERS as a way to give collectors another chance to get previously produced and popular figures with a bit extra thrown into the package. Sure PERS is a gimmick, and one that needs to be improved, but it's still pretty innovative. I'd rather they released a MMS Indy first and then a DX version down the road, one with an assortment of costume pieces so you could display him from any of the original trilogy films and not the idol pedestal (again).

That was one of the biggest stumpers. Most Indy fans who can afford this likely already own the SSC pedestal having bought it with the Belloq Ex. Some even having purchased that lack-luster release (ironically suffering from the same issue as HT's Indy) just for the pedestal.

I think it's unnecessary for 90%+ of potential figures. Sort of makes sense with Joker and Bruce Lee, but I could do without it, particularly given the trade-offs involved.

Why don't they just go the enterbay route and make the eyes out of a different material that doesn't have to be painted, almost like glass eyes. That would add realism to the portrait. Leave out the movement. I'm soured on PERS ever since my PERS joker head busted. It's not like I even moved it a lot. :mad:

That was one of the biggest stumpers. Most Indy fans who can afford this likely already own the SSC pedestal having bought it with the Belloq Ex. Some even having purchased that lack-luster release (ironically suffering from the same issue as HT's Indy) just for the pedestal.

Like me. I purchased Belloq specifically for the pedestal. The sculpt may be off, the hat may be wrong, the belts may look like they grabbed them off the Sideshow Indy, but paying all that money for almost the exact same accessories as the Sideshow Indy is almost as big a strike against this release for me.

:lecture

It's almost excessive here with Indy. Even the MJ DXs I can see the PERS having value. But not Indy so much. I would have been great to have gotten a regular Indy first and then move up to a DX with a second release.

I really think I'm going to pass altogether on this one. Just too many little things wrong that I really don't think they will fix to my liking and my justifying the price.

Maybe someday HT (or even Sideshow) will release a TOD Indy and I'd get that. But $250 for a slight upgrade from Sideshow's which I'm 95% happy with? It breaks my heart to turn down any Indy offering, but I have to say no.

At least the SS pedestal is significantly larger than HT's, considering it has an extra section. They do look identical though.

I'm grateful for the inclusion of the pedestal. I passed on SS's due to the lame Belloq. I would have gladly purchased it on it's own though, but I think S knew that Belloq probably wouldn't sell well on his own. I know that the HT one isn't as nice probably, but I consider it definitely a bonus to the figure which, unlike so many here, I am actually quite happy with.

Why don't they just go the enterbay route and make the eyes out of a different material that doesn't have to be painted, almost like glass eyes. That would add realism to the portrait. Leave out the movement. I'm soured on PERS ever since my PERS joker head busted. It's not like I even moved it a lot. :mad:

This can look fantasic but can also be a disaster, I've got Jack Bauer & Palmer, I had to send Bauer's head back to Hong Kong because of wonky eyes & they sent a much better but not 100% (in my eyes at least) perfect replacement. The thing is, even without the glass like eyes the sculpt would be spot on !, there is no mistaking who it is and the eyes just add to the overall effect, could they have done a PERS type thing ?.... Yes, probably & it'd still look like Kiefer.

I really do think HT can PERS Indy & get it right, I just still can't get my head around how they've missed the mark with this prototype (and for all we know it could be very representative of the final product), Normally even if the sculpts are a little off the clothing is almost 100% right - they haven't even got this right, i still don't get it ?.

:goodpost::exactly: HT including the pedestal also totally killed any resell value that SS Belloq EX could ever have had.

This will be a really long wait if we have to wait until release to see the final revised sculpt. HT should come out and show Arnie's revision as soon as it's done.

:goodpost::exactly: HT including the pedestal also totally killed any resell value that SS Belloq EX could ever have had.

Doubtful. Belloq killed his own resale value and arguably lit the match that killed Sideshow's 1:6 line (or is anybody gonna still dispute that now?). :lol That said, from what I can see, SSC's pedestal environment is still superior as should be the case given it's mostly polystone.

On the topic of the PERS, yeah, I don't even use that feature.

When I first got it I tried it, and it was okay, but it's just not something I want with my figures. It makes them look like toys in my opinion.

Then there's the chance they break, or the fact that it's another thing to go wrong.

Most Indy fans do not already own the SSC pedestal.

They made 9000 Sideshow Raiders of the Lost Ark figures total.

They only made 1000 SSC Belloq exclusives that came with the pedestal. Despite that, its still available on Sideshow's website and isn't marked 'low quantity'.

It is also still available on other websites as well and I believe there was a thread recently about a site selling them off cheap.

I didn't see it posted earlier, but retailers are selling this at ~$230. That's a pretty big jump in price for HT-even for DX figures. For ONE figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back