Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, thanks- cheers back at yah!

Yes, I do hope for the best. The simplest fix would be to get rid of that body type, it would improve the look instatly, put him in slim shoulder so an accurately scaled jacket can be nicely fitted… and it’d fix that neck because it simply rigodamndiculous! I dunno’ maybe HT is loading this release with unnecessary stuff to justify the high cost due to the license- muscle body, idol stand, cardboard backdrop… all very unnecessary and in the case of the body it’s extremely detrimental; in their strive to make it more sellable they’ve created an Indy that hangs out with Mattel Wayne Gretzky.

I wonder how bulky the HT Bruce Lee muscle body is ?, whilst he was ripped he certainly wasn't built like a truck !, I know that the muscle tone would be wrong but it may be slimmer - i'd like to see how different it actually is !.

Also I think that as far as the Sculpt goes this pic give the clearest indication of where HT needs to go, Ford's doing that "gritted teeth" thing he's good at, that's what's making his jaw so chisled - if HT can hit that mark my money is most definately theirs, no questions asked.

Last edited:
I think that lengthening the face overall is not quite right, I think it would work better to slightly squish the face inward to make him look less round.

Really? You don't think that'd make the head even more unnaturally small than it is already? Especially on that he-man body. Bigger and longer I say and its what she said too!.....wait..no, no she didn't, pretend I didn't say that..

...but to say that the HT sculpt is Lifeless ?, It may not quite be Indy yet but out of the box compared to the expression on Trev's sculpt it does have a lot more spark to it (and i feel really uncomfortable saying that about Trev's work) IMO.

You might be right, in retrospect I don’t think it’s so much the sculpt that’s making him look mannequin-esque, as it is those annoying PERS- the eyes should be sculpted because as it is now, the nature of their socket style is messing big time with the expression and throwing the sculpt off even further.
I fear that forced gimmicks like the muscle body and the eyes won’t be addressed and HT will prevent my wallet from coughing up the bread.

PERS is unnecessary for Indy. I hope Enterbay come up with an Indy this year too. That'd be fun to see the two companies competing.

Really? You don't think that'd make the head even more unnaturally small than it is already? Especially on that he-man body. Bigger and longer I say and its what she said too!.....wait..no, no she didn't, pretend I didn't say that..

It’s hard to explain, it’s not the face that needs to come in, but the bone area around it- this would accentuate the oval shape without shrinking his face… knowhatimean? Because the sculpt already has a strong jaw and if you pull the whole thing vertically, you’re treading into Bruce Campbell territory.

You might be right, in retrospect I don’t think it’s so much the sculpt that’s making him look mannequin-esque, as it is those annoying PERS- the eyes should be sculpted because as it is now, the nature of their socket style is messing big time with the expression and throwing the sculpt off even further.
I fear that forced gimmicks like the muscle body and the eyes won’t be addressed and HT will prevent my wallet from coughing up the bread.

The muscle bodies work on the right figure, HT's Wolverine is one of the best figures i own, is the sculpt 100% Hugh Jackman ?... No ! but with the right expression & body it is 100% Wolverine !!, PERS also works well on the right figure, On DX Batman it works brilliantly & under close scrutiny gives the face/expression a real "WOW" factor.
Personally i think they can make PERS work for Indy, all they need to do is put the right colour eyeballs in a well sculpted Harrison Ford head & this will be the best DX to date & probably one of the best 1/6th figures of the year (which it always should have been !).

It’s hard to explain, it’s not the face that needs to come in, but the bone area around it- this would accentuate the oval shape without shrinking his face… knowhatimean? Because the sculpt already has a strong jaw and if you pull the whole thing vertically, you’re treading into Bruce Campbell territory.

The head needs to be bigger though to be proportionate with that thick-assed Matt Hughes neck HT gave him. Squishing it in will just make him look...

doris-de-nemo.jpg

PERS is unnecessary for Indy. I hope Enterbay come up with an Indy this year too. That'd be fun to see the two companies competing.

They should've just ran with Indy as a standard MMS and made the T1 a DX. Of any figure that didn't get PERS that deserves it, it's the T1 T-800.

Last edited:
The muscular body is kind of wasted on this figure... not like people will be displaying a ROTLA Indy w/o the jacket.

But, it would be great for a TOD figure :rock

The head needs to be bigger though to be proportionate with that thick-assed Matt Hughes neck HT gave him. Squishing it in will just make him look...
QUOTE]

I agree that the head proportionally to his body needs to be bigger, but what I’m talking about isn’t the SIZE of the head, but SLIGHT proportions of his bone structure and features within SUCH HEAD that DOES need to be bigger to even remotely fit that elephantine neckpost. Doesn't really matter though cause on that body this figure won't cut it.

edit- (talking to myself) “but if you skinny up the bones around the face a lil' then that silly fat hat will look even worse”

... see what I mean, there's just no winning with this release. I’m with Johnny Utah, I hope somebody else does it and gets it right, because I’m almost certain HT will not scrap all the R&D they’ve done so far and opt for a better start from the ground up, as they should for the quarter of a thousand dollars they want for it.

Last edited:
I think it's unnecessary for 90%+ of potential figures. Sort of makes sense with Joker and Bruce Lee, but I could do without it, particularly given the trade-offs involved.

Isn't that being a bit regressive ?, I like PERS as an idea, it surely has a place in the future of 1/6th scale figures as it is pushing the boundaries of what is possible with something this small. I think that if technology & ability have enabled HT to feel it can be done then they should just do it !. Also, i'm not sure what trade off's there are, the DX joker had a better sculpt than the MMS, Batman didn't have to compromise in any areas & MJ seems to be a high quality figure. If the trade off is price then personally i think it's worth it to help them develop the technology & competence with which it is used.

But MJ Bad sold out at $200, and that hardly came with anything. People pay these prices, so Sideshow sells them for that price.
If anything you would think Sideshow would be one of the cheapest places to get it, seeing as they hold the licence.

Well, in fairness they have to pay to get the license and have to charge money to recoup paying for that. You buy from dealers outside of SS for a discount and buy from Sideshow if you're ok paying retail.

Isn't that being a bit regressive ?, I like PERS as an idea, it surely has a place in the future of 1/6th scale figures as it is pushing the boundaries of what is possible with something this small. I think that if technology & ability have enabled HT to feel it can be done then they should just do it !. Also, i'm not sure what trade off's there are, the DX joker had a better sculpt than the MMS, Batman didn't have to compromise in any areas & MJ seems to be a high quality figure. If the trade off is price then personally i think it's worth it to help them develop the technology & competence with which it is used.

PERS is a gimmick that I would rarely use on any figure, if at all. It costs extra and often affects the aesthetic quality of whatever sculpt it's being used in conjunction with. I'm all for them perfecting the technology for those that like it, but I wish they wouldn't screw up extremely anticipated releases like Indy while they do it.

PERS is a gimmick that I would rarely use any any figure, if at all. It costs extra and often affects the aesthetic quality of whatever sculpt it's being used in conjunction with. I'm all for them perfecting the technology for those that like it, but I wish they wouldn't screw up extremely anticipated releases like Indy while they do it.

:lecture:lecture:lecture Exactly. It is a gimmick, and compromises the sculpt to be utilized. Everybody looks like they're geetered up on crank to the point where they're flashing nickels. In the case of a crazy character like Joker, it somewhat works. The rest, not so much. Here, the development used to port that tech over to Indy would've been better spent on getting the sculpt and wardrobe more accurate.

^^ What they said. It isn't regressive to want better looking figures, and PERS aren't really giving us that, IMO. I prefer having alternative heads instead ike the BR Joker head with messed up paint, T-1000 with the donut, and T-800 with the damaged eyes--all of which look to the side and would be nifty alternatives to more traditional sculpts looking straight on.

Both my DX Bats and Joker figures have slightly wonky eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back