Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So is ABC express the best place to order him? Looks like its a lot cheaper. Would it take much longer than Sideshow to ship to the US or would it be about the same? Thanks in advance for the help.

So is ABC express the best place to order him? Looks like its a lot cheaper. Would it take much longer than Sideshow to ship to the US or would it be about the same? Thanks in advance for the help.

Usually faster, but with the shipping fee it could end up a litle more expensive then using domestic supplier? For me that live in Sweden and dont have any domestic suppliers the choice is easy...

edit: The shipping is 55 USD, so the Sideshow shipping needs to be five dollars to get it cheaper from there.

:horror 250.00 :horror Throw in another body and headsculpt and it would be worth it, but come on ! Look at the Bruce Lee from Sideshow
it has just as much and is less money. At this rate we will only be about to buy 1 or 2 figures a year.

:horror 250.00 :horror Throw in another body and headsculpt and it would be worth it, but come on ! Look at the Bruce Lee from Sideshow
it has just as much and is less money. At this rate we will only be about to buy 1 or 2 figures a year.

I doubt it but i hope that HT will see a drop in sales for this figure so that they realize that they need to look over their pricing strategy.

But MJ Bad sold out at $200, and that hardly came with anything. People pay these prices, so Sideshow sells them for that price.
If anything you would think Sideshow would be one of the cheapest places to get it, seeing as they hold the licence.

But MJ Bad sold out at $200, and that hardly came with anything. People pay these prices, so Sideshow sells them for that price.
However, I'm sure the outfit on MJ cost a lot more to produce than the relatively simple Bruce Lee clothing. And licensing costs probably play some role, as well.

I figured it out. Arnie Kim is a huge Nick Faldo fan:

faldo.jpg

The thing is I always thought he looked like Harrison Ford, with some Dennis Quaid mixed in there too

Just use google translate. :)

Ha!

I just used Translate Live Search on Arnie's Korean, and received the following gems!

"Hats are not put up wrote's sneak peek"

"Visor in the ear should be branded with that seemed to reach the ....-.-;;"

"For a photo shoot to get covered up the hat. Because of the shadows ..."

And the same three in Babel Fish:

"Wore the hat to knows to raise, [nwass] four by stealth…"

"The visor will reach to the ear must come to put on"

"Respects a photo shoot and a little to leave space the hat puts on. Because of shadow…"

So it sounds like they left the hat high to keep the shadows off his face while photographing.

Ha!

I just used Translate Live Search on Arnie's Korean, and received the following gems!

"Hats are not put up wrote's sneak peek"

"Visor in the ear should be branded with that seemed to reach the ....-.-;;"

"For a photo shoot to get covered up the hat. Because of the shadows ..."

And the same three in Babel Fish:

"Wore the hat to knows to raise, [nwass] four by stealth…"

"The visor will reach to the ear must come to put on"

"Respects a photo shoot and a little to leave space the hat puts on. Because of shadow…"

So it sounds like they left the hat high to keep the shadows off his face while photographing.

Great, now they need to make it brown instead of that bloody Sideshow grey

If anything you would think Sideshow would be one of the cheapest places to get it, seeing as they hold the licence.

I'm certain MJ selling out had everything to do with the hype surrounding the demise of the singer. If they'd released this during all the pedo hype, he would've been rotting in the warehouse. Sideshow could learn a thing or two about momentum from HT. :lol

Agreed - ridiculous price for any quality 1/6 figure - needed another body.

The figure that broke my lurking silence; I really want to spend the money on this but as many have stated there are just a lot of little things that are very off putting:I think the two biggest things are the face sculpt and the body… if you’ve got a body that doesn’t match the character, then no amount of attention to tailoring will fix it. The head needs to be completely re-sculpted- I agree with a lot of what’s been said about it, although I think that lengthening the face overall is not quite right, I think it would work better to slightly squish the face inward to make him look less round, but it’s not just the overall shape (which would be bad enough) but the features are wrong as well, the lower lip thing… and those silly PERS are completely ruining the eyes- overall the face seems so lifeless… perhaps the sculptor was trying so hard to nail it that it came out very stiff looking.
The best ROTLA sculpt so far remains the sideshow PF, I don’t think Mr. Grove nailed it 100% on their 1/6 offering but on the PF he certainly achieved an excellent and very life-like portrait, and since that statue doesn’t cost too much more than this HT version, I think the choice is obvious… for me, anyway.

In the hands of the right artist Trevor's sculpt can really shine. It was just a shame said artists don't work for Sideshow.

Still, we'll see what Arnie can rustle up....

CHEERS!

The figure that broke my lurking silence; I really want to spend the money on this but as many have stated there are just a lot of little things that are very off putting:I think the two biggest things are the face sculpt and the body… if you’ve got a body that doesn’t match the character, then no amount of attention to tailoring will fix it. The head needs to be completely re-sculpted- I agree with a lot of what’s been said about it, although I think that lengthening the face overall is not quite right, I think it would work better to slightly squish the face inward to make him look less round, but it’s not just the overall shape (which would be bad enough) but the features are wrong as well, the lower lip thing… and those silly PERS are completely ruining the eyes- overall the face seems so lifeless… perhaps the sculptor was trying so hard to nail it that it came out very stiff looking.
The best ROTLA sculpt so far remains the sideshow PF, I don’t think Mr. Grove nailed it 100% on their 1/6 offering but on the PF he certainly achieved an excellent and very life-like portrait, and since that statue doesn’t cost too much more than this HT version, I think the choice is obvious… for me, anyway.

I agree wth you about the body issue - it sure ain't matching the character of Professor Jones, I also believe that the Raider PF is the greatest Harrison Ford likeness to date (but it needs the likes of boot25 or small studios to really make it shine).
HT's sculpt isn't good enough but it also looks better or worse from different angles, some almost scream Indy but others are way,way off (I also think the sculpt looks more "Ford" like without the hat or in the map room tuban - the hat really is throwing the likeness off).
Trev's 1/6th raiders is a damn good sculpt & it does look more Ford like than this current HT effort but again it takes the likes of boot or small to bring that likeness out fully but to say that the HT sculpt is Lifeless ?, It may not quite be Indy yet but out of the box compared to the expression on Trev's sculpt it does have a lot more spark to it (and i feel really uncomfortable saying that about Trev's work) IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back