Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He won't look better till HT fix what we've been grousing about. So far there haven't been many signs of that happening. Will it take cancelled pre-orders to make them do it!?

CHEERS!

Cancellations will come only when inhand pics arrive. At that point, it's too late to change anything.

084256izjrnu1qu0tqhfr1.jpg

I kind of see Ford in this one.

True, but I don't see Raiders Indy. Accessories aside, ToD, maybe. :lol

Though, looking at that pic again, remove the zipper and that jacket looks like Hasbro's talking Indy jacket. :monkey4

:gah:
Someone punch Wor Gar.
Damn it, dont go soft now. HT might be reading this thread, dont give em an inch!
Man up! Hold out for better.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

:lol

:lol

Don't worry, it's not like I'm ordering. I'm just sayin'... better pics. Still far off the mark though as I said... bad belts, shoes, jacket, whip, etc, aside from the issues with the sculpt and hat.

I'm more than happy to let HT improve this figure. I want it... IF it looks like Ford's Indiana Jones...and the last time I looked Ford IS the only Indiana Jones I know of.

I'm already sick of this figure. The face, the pers, the head haunts me in my sleep.

I've seen too much of it.

Yep, and the best examples since we're dealing with a DX here is Batman and Joker. A month or two before prices jumped to $300-$450 dollars for both of them, tons of places online had them for relatively cheap prices.

Gohastings, low ebay auctions, online stores getting DCD batches. You name it. I scored a MIB MMS DX Joker for $140 shipped during that time frame.

It took a really long time before the prices went up on those though.

I can't see how anyone is complaining about the Harrison Ford likeness. This is way better than anything we've gotten before.

Because its a $250 toy in a still shakey economic market at a time when the company who is making it is also putting out perfect figures for less money.

He come's with two backdrops, two outfits, a little stand for the idol, etc. Way more than an ordinary HT release. People are being very irrational over this figure. Yes, I think it's overpriced too but far too many of you are just being delusional, imo.

You have to remember that this is a DX, not an MM, you expect bang for your buck with a DX and this isn't delivering.

CHEERS!

I can't see how anyone is complaining about the Harrison Ford likeness. This is way better than anything we've gotten before.

But not even close to what HT is capable of.
For $250 Indy and the customer deserve better.

He come's with two backdrops, two outfits, a little stand for the idol, etc. Way more than an ordinary HT release. People are being very irrational over this figure. Yes, I think it's overpriced too but far too many of you are just being delusional, imo.

:lecture:lecture

after seeing these newer pics...he looks like Ford to me...he is overpriced,but still looks pretty darn good

Thats because hes a DX, the Bruce Lee DX has 2 backdrops, 2 outfits, an extra head instead of the idol stand, and an entire extra body so you can actually make 2 seperate stadning full figures with backdrops for $220. $30 cheaper then Indy.

You gotta buy a whole extra muscle body, PERS head, shirt, pants, bag, and shoes to make a 2nd figure out of this Indy. Thats another $150 or so.

Indy has wrong colored parts, a passable head, reused body that isn't his build, and got every iconic aspect of Indy wrong.

Indy's Whip, Hat, and Jacket are what makes the look. The hat is the wrong shape, wrong color, wrong pinch, wrong brim shape, wrong turn, and doesn't fit on his head. THe jacket looks cheap compared to other leather jackets Hot TOys has made like the T-800's, Marcus Wright's etc, its the wrong color and material as well, and the whip looks like something I could make myself with that plastic made for braiding keychains you can buy at Arts and Crafts stores.

All due respect but perhaps you need to start at the beginning and know a bit more about the character before calling out "irrational." First off, they're padding the release with accessories, a lot of which, most of us already have. Second, the sculpt doesn't even top the one on sideshow's $90 figure at nearly triple the price. Additionally, from hat to shoes, there's just so much wrong with the outfit, it's not even right. At this price, you're a pebble's toss away from a premium format figure where 99% of this is a non-issue. If you're willing to drop $250 on a sub par likeness with a wardrobe that's chalk full of errors and sell yourself on the accessories, good for you. To me, THAT is irrational. Most of us actually care about what we spend our money on, and for most of us, $250, this is not. :huh

Most of us actually care about what we spend our money on, and for most of us, $250, this is not. :huh

I'm shocked people aren't having kittens for that price. Usually a sh.... storm happens when a price like that hits. I've not really seen that in this. It's been pretty mellow.

They're testing a soft market to see how it flies.

But wait until the Bat-freaks get hit with this on the Keaton Bats and Nicholson Joker...and next year's Batman Rises figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back