Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hatdown.jpg

Yeah for me with the hat lowered it is about 95% there which is close enough i suppose. I think with the eyes looking to the side it actually throws off the likeness more. Now if they would just fix the clothing we would be in great shape.

I'm actually really digging this pic. I've held off from preordering for the reasons that Nam and others have been stressing, but being a huge Indy fan, I'm just a few more good pics from caving. Although, even while looking at this pic I find myself thinking, "and I could replace the whip with mfishers, I already have a spare belt and holster, then a Sovereign Jacket," :slap

The satchel strap looks cheap and nasty- it looks like pleather which has been folded back on itself and glued. You can see the underside of the pleather running down the middle of the strap where the folded over bits don't meet in the middle, as it comes back up from the bag towards the buckle. For $250 I'd have expected something so simple to have been a single real leather strip.

:exactly:
Those really dark pers eyes are killing the likeness as well.

Most definitely NOT preordering at this point with no regrets.

Better deals. Even if it's 10 dollars less.

Right now the Hot Toys 1984 Tech Noir T-800, a highly sought after figure can be had any where between $170-$185 if you shop around. I think the initial preorders were what (someone correct me if I'm wrong) $189.99-$195.00?

It hasn't sold out yet and it's currently in stage 8.

Why preorder Indiana Jones? I guarantee it won't sell out.

Yep, and the best examples since we're dealing with a DX here is Batman and Joker. A month or two before prices jumped to $300-$450 dollars for both of them, tons of places online had them for relatively cheap prices.

Gohastings, low ebay auctions, online stores getting DCD batches. You name it. I scored a MIB MMS DX Joker for $140 shipped during that time frame.

Angolz and alot of other HK based companies sold it for 169

How is he looking better?
Its the exact same figure with all its flaws that most of us are grousing about.

He won't look better till HT fix what we've been grousing about. So far there haven't been many signs of that happening. Will it take cancelled pre-orders to make them do it!?

CHEERS!

Even the hair looks the wrong colour in those pics to me. I mean it looks black, very dark brown at least. Too dark.

Not sure if I'm just getting used to it, but these pics are looking better to me.

I still don't like the belts and whip and shoes and jacket.

I was thinking this too. I'm starting to see this guy in my minds eye over Ford... I think it's time to avoid these pictures until the tweaked sculpt is revealed.

OK. I did some very minor tweaks in Photoshop to the right hand image. Slimmed down the neck, slightly raised the eyes and puffed out the hair a little.

I think it improves the sculpt, but maybe i'm imagining it. The changes are subtle, but if it looked like the one on the right I would seriously consider ordering it.

Copyof167514_488155237343_58690437343_6403172_2157210_n.jpg

:gah:
Someone punch Wor Gar.
Damn it, dont go soft now. HT might be reading this thread, dont give em an inch!
Man up! Hold out for better.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

:lol

You mean fight dirty?

278.jpg

:lol

Today's pictures, with more light on the face, are much more flattering than the show pics or the official pics.

The hat is off-putting, the jacket is chunky, the Aldens too new, but... he looks a whole lot more like Harry.

Hats sits on his head too high, HT has
made great jackets on their figs so we expect nothing less! I'm not hating on the fig but if I'm paying $250 duckies I think we have a right to look for a close to perfection collectible! I challenge the makers to give it alil extra! They get it right and Indy will be immortalized in the 1/6 world forever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back