Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And since he's banned I'd just like to add that that Neca one looks like _____ to me :lol

HT DX Jones is an OK figure with a not too good HS, but it will sell anyway since there is a legion of HT fans out there that will buy anything from them. I understand it and I respect it, but, sadly, this time not for me.

Sorry guys that i had to say this in the Indiana Jones thread

SAY,...ahm SELEKTIV?

Are you trying to let people think the Ht-pred sucks so you can buy one for your self?, :lecture
The 3 Neca preds look great and may be bigger and more accurate, but the HT pred is much much cooler in all ways IMHO:wink1:. i mean ,Those 3 poses are all in the HT version .:nana:
And compared to the HT predator price when it was on fresh and new,....
The neca version is even more expencive, at least if you want all the 3 poses.

i dont think anyone will have a truly perfect indy or predator out of the box. there's gonna be tons of customizations and utilizing the various parts from various companies to make the perfect on. i personally like the ht indy because of the multiple stuff we get. a trevor scuplt on that would be perfect

Just ignore the troll. He does this in every HT thread in the board every so often because for some reason they can't ban the IP or whatever and he feels compelled to compensate for his little boy peepee and NECA kiddie toy collection by trolling rubbish.

Hear!

I cant believe grown men take the time to write such emails.

This thread is to funny....

:rolleyes2.....said the guy posting in a Indiana Jones dolly thread with the Vanilla Ice avatar.
Tell us more about what grown men do.

HT can probably get away with the upper white stripe on the Aldens in humid Peru -considering that it was still very visible even when dusty in Cairo:

boots-RotLA.jpg

But the stripe on the heel looks much too pronounced, and it has the effect of making the heels look taller.

65c02e50jw6ddojxp9ddaj.jpg

Me too, the HT one still looks too wide. Out of any I've seen so far, I have to say the Hasbro ones look closest to what I've seen in stills of the actual ones. If HT shaved off the bottom of their heel and changed the stripe then it'd look about right.

with a bit of diluted acrylics, and some fuller's earth these will be the absolute BEST Indy boots in 1/6 ever... period... if HT got one thing right in this set it is definitely the boots... they did nail the likeness on the Aldens at least :lol

Don't kill me for this, but:
I know a lot of you guys go for the authentic shoes down to the itty bitty laces. But personally I'm totally okay with sculpted shoes. I hate to think how much money those things cost to manufacture and even assemble (will they come laced and tied onto the figure?). I would have rather had them trim the final cost down by not using such intricate shoes. I really don't think they scaled down so perfectly to warrant the effort and cost. They may be the best Aldens to date, but they still look a little thick and chunky. Not to mention you will potentially still have to weather them yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back