Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
with a bit of diluted acrylics, and some fuller's earth these will be the absolute BEST Indy boots in 1/6 ever... period... if HT got one thing right in this set it is definitely the boots... they did nail the likeness on the Aldens at least :lol

Again though. HT makes it look like this is Indy's first dig with the shiny new kicks. Unweathered = inaccurate.

Besides the face sculpt (which could potentially be improved before production), the one thing that still bothers me about this figure are the enormous buttons on his shirt. They're bigger than his eyes!

Is there any chance HT could replace the sewn-on uber-buttons with smaller, glued-on versions to maintain the illusion of scale? I don't believe they are functioning buttons, so the change would only impact on the aesthetics of the piece, not its functionality.

Besides the face sculpt (which could potentially be improved before production), the one thing that still bothers me about this figure are the enormous buttons on his shirt. They're bigger than his eyes!

Is there any chance HT could replace the sewn-on uber-buttons with smaller, glued-on versions to maintain the illusion of scale? I don't believe they are functioning buttons, so the change would only impact on the aesthetics of the piece, not its functionality.

I havnt noticed that. Good point

They did it with the Joker shirt so to answer your question yes they could......but will they?

There's just so much fail on this figure, it's hard for me to believe this is a genuine Hot Toys product.

Still hoping they rushed an un-ready figure to the show. Still hoping they get this much closer. Still doubting I'll buy it anyway. But looking forward to parts.

Howard sits back with a Dr Pepper...

'Ok, we got a DX Indy coming up, Arnie Kim doing the sculpt, what's the worst that could happen!?'

CHEERS!

Don't kill me for this, but:
I know a lot of you guys go for the authentic shoes down to the itty bitty laces. But personally I'm totally okay with sculpted shoes. I hate to think how much money those things cost to manufacture and even assemble (will they come laced and tied onto the figure?). I would have rather had them trim the final cost down by not using such intricate shoes. I really don't think they scaled down so perfectly to warrant the effort and cost. They may be the best Aldens to date, but they still look a little thick and chunky. Not to mention you will potentially still have to weather them yourself.

I'm fine with sculpted shoes, they're easier to work with. Working 1/6 laces are a bit fiddly for me, I haven't had a pair yet that I've been able to do up properly!

CHEERS!

I'm fine with sculpted shoes, they're easier to work with. Working 1/6 laces are a bit fiddly for me, I haven't had a pair yet that I've been able to do up properly!

CHEERS!

I have the same trouble with those little laces.

However, I do like the 'real' boots. DiD made some great examples.

For me, I LOVE the real boots. Sometimes they look slightly out of scale but in the long run they make the figure look so much better.

What's really annoying about 'real' ones is when, even though you've undone and slackened the laces enough, you still can't get the foot out of the boot. I had to rip apart a pair of Nam jungle boots to get the feet out. With sculpted vinyl ones I just slit them up the back where you won't notice it.

CHEERS!

What's really annoying about 'real' ones is when, even though you've undone and slackened the laces enough, you still can't get the foot out of the boot. I had to rip apart a pair of Nam jungle boots to get the feet out. With sculpted vinyl ones I just slit them up the back where you won't notice it.

CHEERS!

True, but I guess I have not had that problem much because I only had to put them on once and never really take them off yet.

Yeah, all the real ones I've had were either loose or I needed to take them off to put them on another figure.

Regardless of what HT do with Indy's boots they are pretty low down on the list of parts I'd want.

CHEERS!

Howard sits back with a Dr Pepper...

'Ok, we got a DX Indy coming up, Arnie Kim doing the sculpt, what's the worst that could happen!?'

CHEERS!

I would almost agree that it can't get any worse, but if he's revisiting the sculpt (which I doubt), there is the possibility he could ____ it up more.

For me, I LOVE the real boots. Sometimes they look slightly out of scale but in the long run they make the figure look so much better.

Sculpted boots and sculpted gloves on 1:6. Real materials just don't translate well to the scale. DiD's come close, but they still look odd. Now real boots and gloves on a PF is another story. There's no reason for anyone to be sculpting those in that scale.

Yeah, you can certainly do more with materials in 1/4 scale that's for sure. Still, I'm glad that nobody ever opted for solid plastic for accessories like his sidebag and holster.

CHEERS!

Yeah, you can certainly do more with materials in 1/4 scale that's for sure. Still, I'm glad that nobody ever opted for solid plastic for accessories like his sidebag and holster.

CHEERS!

Well, Hasbro did a plastic holster and whip, but I'm not gonna fault them for it on a $20 figure, but Medicom, at $180, did as well. :monkey4

Medicom always uses cheap, cheesy plastic for accessories on their $120 - $300(!!!) figures. Their apologists are by far the most myopic of all.

Yeah it remains to be seen just how much better, if at all, this will get.

The sidebag on the Hasbro Indy is big enough to be 1/4 scale. I actually put 2 of my old 1/6 sidebags inside it!

CHEERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back