Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It may be cheaper to buy it piecemeal. Like Johnny Cash sang "one piece at a time". ;)

Probably not actually. I built my Godfather out of parts. I already had the body. Buying the outfit, HS and hands ended up costing me more than I could have bought the whole figure MIB for! I got everything from 7Toys7 who were the only place parting him out at the time.

You never know though, Indy may be different. The HS, as it has PERS, will be the most expensive part, though if they don't alter it then people will stick with Trevor's.

CHEERS!

Probably not actually. I built my Godfather out of parts. I already had the body. Buying the outfit, HS and hands ended up costing me more than I could have bought the whole figure MIB for! I got everything from 7Toys7 who were the only place parting him out at the time.

You never know though, Indy may be different. The HS, as it has PERS, will be the most expensive part, though if they don't alter it then people will stick with Trevor's.

CHEERS!

I thought that at first, but then after doing the math and trying to guess what TA would charge for the parts, kept running short of the $250. :lol

Yeah, it's possible TA will come up trumps, we'll have to see. I wasn't aware of them when I was building my Godfather, wish I had been too!

I was able to put together an EB Fist of Fury Bruce Lee for way less than MIB so I know it can be done.

CHEERS!

Got this from HT:

Hello Roger,

Thanks for your support and interest in DX05 Indiana Jones of Hot Toys.

Also thanks for your suggestion on this item, and it will be forwarded to our production team and marketing team as reference.

Please also keep visit our official website and Facebook page to get our most updated news.

Thanks,
BN/ Hot Toys Ltd

Is it just me or does that sound a bit bog standard? I also didn't make any suggestions, I just wanted an update on everyone else's suggestions!

Ah well, better than nothing!

CHEERS!

Did you expect to get a personalized reponse? You'll get the same type of response from just about every company.

Got this from HT:

Hello Roger,

Thanks for your support and interest in DX05 Indiana Jones of Hot Toys.

Also thanks for your suggestion on this item, and it will be forwarded to our production team and marketing team as reference.

Please also keep visit our official website and Facebook page to get our most updated news.

Thanks,
BN/ Hot Toys Ltd

Is it just me or does that sound a bit bog standard? I also didn't make any suggestions, I just wanted an update on everyone else's suggestions!

Ah well, better than nothing!

CHEERS!

Congratulations! You just got blown off! :clap:clap:clap :lol

I wasn't expecting much, if anything. They can't be doing much or you'd think they would have said. I'm subscribed to their FB page and they have said nothing there.

CHEERS!

Below: old Arnie Indy from 2005-6, maybe older

sal5.jpg

IndianaJones(Arnie)_Raiders_02.jpg

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/fo...discussion/58787-arnie-kim-indiana-jones.html

hmm. that sculpt looks almost exactly like the one Arnie did like 5-6 years ago. is HT just reusing it to save a few bucks? funny thing is, back then, Arnie's Indy was THE most sought after. most thought it was the best around. how times have changed. ironically, it's HT's fault too lol

Last edited:
Isn't Arnie doing the superman sculpt aswel? Hope he does a better job on that one. Indy is my favourite character of all time, and it's disapointing to think this is what hot toys has come up with.

Below: old Arnie Indy from 2005-6, maybe older

sal5.jpg

IndianaJones(Arnie)_Raiders_02.jpg

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/fo...discussion/58787-arnie-kim-indiana-jones.html

hmm. that sculpt looks almost exactly like the one Arnie did like 5-6 years ago. is HT just reusing it to save a few bucks? funny thing is, back then, Arnie's Indy was THE most sought after. most thought it was the best around. how times have changed. ironically, it's HT's fault too lol

It's definitely a new sculpt, but I see two possibilities:
1. Arnie just rushed the sculpt to be in time for the reveal, so he just based the new sculpt off his old one. So maybe now he's currently doing a thorough job and will blow us all away with a brand new sculpt.

2. It's just the way Arnie sees Ford, which means that no matter how many times he tries to fix it, they'll always look pretty much the same.

The 2004 looked all right from this angle:

168941_1794503309948_1460645150_2032992_2646452_n.jpg

and in this shot:

167746_1794507990065_1460645150_2032996_4069819_n.jpg

I see more of Harry in this old sculpt than his new one.

Last edited by a moderator:
The pic in Mookey's post is an old one, there have, as yet, been no revisions to the sculpt. Whether there will ever be is the $64,000 dollar question.

CHEERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back