Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody else think lightening his eyes helps? --

eyes-lighter.jpg

I admit I preordered through Sideshow. Why, I guess I'm hoping they vastly improve the figure before release. I'm also willing to gamble $20 on it if I do end up canceling when new pics are released. I'm happy with the SS custom I made, but either HT is gonna surprise everyone or it'll be a disaster for them. Like I said before, I think if the figure doesn't improve many others will be doing as I plan and the money HT will have spent on a warehouse full of unsold Indy figs could hurt their wallet. Could be a hard way to learn a lesson, hopefully they surprise us all.

I think he does honestly like it, but it doesn't negate the fact that if he's in 0.01% of people who like something, and 99.99% do not, his standards are statistically lower that 99.99% of everyone else. Did I speak out of turn? I still say the 99.99% of us who are dissatisfied are the ones who are losing in this situation and he should he happy that this product meets his collecting needs.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
Are you for real?...
Maybe we should run a poll to make sure your numbers are correct...
:dunno

I don't think the likeness is 100% there, but its damn closer than any other mass produced Indy. I'm happy with it. I don't think its any worse than some of the other recent Hot Toys releases... and its way better than the 1/6 Sideshow Indy, IMO.

I'm happy with it, and will not be canceling my pre-order.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
Are you for real?...
Maybe we should run a poll to make sure your numbers are correct...
:dunno

Hahaha it was just an example from the page before, Snoop101 mentioned it sarcastically just to say far that more people have issues with the figure than those who don't, and I just kept the ball rolling. Although a poll would undoubtedly be interesting...

I don't really think I have low standards, but as you say "statistically" I guess I do...at least as far as this forum is concerned. I definitely don't have enough money not to care. This will actually be my first Hot Toys figure, as nice as they are I just can't afford them. Heck, I can't afford every Sideshow figure that comes along either and have to be pretty picky about the ones I do get. Yes, I genuinely like what I have seen so far in this figure. I am a big Indy fan and have chosen to spend my money on it. Do I think it is perfect? No, I see definite areas for improvement, mostly the same ones as everyone else but, I do still want this figure and am willing to pay for it.

Fair enough, and like I said before, I wish I was in your camp!

I'm not even sure how or why, but that exercise video sums up this thread :D

True, but I am kind of weird about keeping my figures pretty much stock. I'm not against making little tweaks here and there to them, but I like to keep them pretty much original, nothing I can't undo I guess. I do have the SS Indy, as well as the Medicom Raiders Indy. I also have a custom Indy that I did myself, back in the day, and I am considering upgrading him at some point. Don't get me wrong, there are some fantastic repaints and customs on here and at some point I'd like to pick up an extra SS Indy to tinker with.

I agree 100% with you Billy. I also like the idea of an official release, and keeping everything as it's supposed to be (or, as you say, only changing things that won't make any permanent effect).

Some of you remind me of Yankee fans- like you're owed something. HT doesn't owe any of us jack. If you don't like the figure then DON'T BUY IT.

But to attack this guy's talent like he's a bum or something goes to demonstrate how small some of our lives on this forum really are. I come back to this thread like 6 weeks later and people are STILL talking about the same thing.

How about this- MAKE YOUR OWN SCULPT. You don't like Arnie Kim's and want to trash his abilities?? Then let's see you do better. Until you can do better leave him alone.

So...you have never once in your entire life bashed someones work (no matter what it is) or said someone sucks or their company sucks because of the product they put out? I find that hard to believe.

You're gonna get words 'pole' and 'squatting' banned around here :wink1:

Speaking of polls - I actually would like to see one about the satisfaction levels with this figure. The question - are you satisfied enough with the HT Indy to buy it as shown and at the current price? Yes/no

You're gonna get words 'pole' and 'squatting' banned around here :wink1:

Speaking of polls - I actually would like to see one about the satisfaction levels with this figure. The question - are you satisfied enough with the HT Indy to buy it as shown and at the current price? Yes/no

No. Definitely not at that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back