Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
165147_488154957343_58690437343_6403166_7576622_n.jpg

IndianaJones(Arnie)_Raiders_02.jpg

Has anyone noticed how the jacket seems to be the same material as the DX Indy jacket?! WTF?:gah:

Nice Hasbro kitbash there.

Arnie commented on his facebook page stating he is fixing the sculpt and that "not to worry he will do his best to give us the best Indy".

Really so what was the first effort we've all seen? Not his best? Just getting use to his new surroundings? Its what the damn company he just got a job with is using to sell the figure. He gave us his best. He failed, big time. People with a zero track record dont get to say "Not to worry."

Dear Arnie Kim, go back to Enterbay, do not pass go, do not collect $200, do not so much as glance at the Superman license. You fail sir. Good day.

I have a pre-order in but I'm not entirely happy, no. I'll give it a little while but if we don't see major changes, I'll likely cancel.

I'm a really big fan of HT but we have thousand previews and annoucements...but nothing real. No Bruce lee dx no Superman dx no indiana (i want forget what we've seen of Bruce and Indiana)...Ht less words more facts

Some of you remind me of Yankee fans- like you're owed something. HT doesn't owe any of us jack. If you don't like the figure then DON'T BUY IT.

But to attack this guy's talent like he's a bum or something goes to demonstrate how small some of our lives on this forum really are. I come back to this thread like 6 weeks later and people are STILL talking about the same thing.

How about this- MAKE YOUR OWN SCULPT. You don't like Arnie Kim's and want to trash his abilities?? Then let's see you do better. Until you can do better leave him alone.

How about this- MAKE YOUR OWN SCULPT. You don't like Arnie Kim's and want to trash his abilities??

Some people have done sculpts on this board. I bought one, as have many others. Those fan sculpts are better than what HT has done.

As far as expressing opinions, no Arnie Kims have been hurt in the creation of this thread. Are you telling us to only say nice things?? We can vent all we want. Sharing opinions, good and bad, is why people are here.

Sideshow already did some great Indy stuff. People want HT to try harder or don't bother.

Some of you remind me of Yankee fans- like you're owed something. HT doesn't owe any of us jack. If you don't like the figure then DON'T BUY IT.

But to attack this guy's talent like he's a bum or something goes to demonstrate how small some of our lives on this forum really are. I come back to this thread like 6 weeks later and people are STILL talking about the same thing.

How about this- MAKE YOUR OWN SCULPT. You don't like Arnie Kim's and want to trash his abilities?? Then let's see you do better. Until you can do better leave him alone.

INDEED.

I like Arnies sculpt. It's close. It's not 100% Ford, but I can also say that about Trevors and Spencers as well. Ford is a really tough likeness to nail 100%. Even though HT Indy isn't 100% from the photos I've seen, I'm still very happy with the fact I'm getting a better quality Indiana Jones. And for me, that's enough to make me excited!

While I agree with part of this post, the rest is laughable. I agree if you don't like it, don't buy it. But if a company wants to absurdly charge $250 for a figure with a poor quality, non-accurate wardrobe and an even poorer likeness, frankly they deserve an ass chewing. As far as assessing Kim's skills, we've seen two attempts at the same character now. The fact that both are "close but no cigar" also warrants critique. Especially from a company with a track record of homeruns. Wake up, lose the Underoos and stop being an apologist.

There's a universe of difference between writing "I don't like the figure" (which I do not) versus attacking a person's talent.

If you had the talent and ability of Arnie Kim you'd be doing what he does- making a living as a professional sculptor rather than sitting in front of the computer all day for years at a time opining on dolls.

Theres such a high school element to this because I think people love getting together and telling someone they suck. So go get some talent and make your own sculpt and show that bum Arnie Kim how it's done. Because of course your work is so much better than his.

Arnie's role in the genesis of this sculpt has never been made clear. He may have been given the task of fixing someone else's work, or it may have been his from the beginning. Hot Toys has never said. Arnie has never said. People have decided for themselves that Hot Toys started with Arnie's old sculpt, and this is a supposition that doesn't strike me as likely, given the modern texture and detail on the prototype.

When Hot Toys has done revisions in the past, they've revealed them just prior to the figure's release. I'd expect the same thing to happen with this figure.

Edit: The Hot Toys site, which seems to have finally been cleansed of virus, states that Arnie is the sculptor, but the art direction on the head is credited to both Yulli and Kojun. Who knows what's gone on, but it's a good thing they're all friends, since it seems they're all in this one together.

Last edited:
There's a universe of difference between writing "I don't like the figure" (which I do not) versus attacking a person's talent.

If you had the talent and ability of Arnie Kim you'd be doing what he does- making a living as a professional sculptor rather than sitting in front of the computer all day for years at a time opining on dolls.

Theres such a high school element to this because I think people love getting together and telling someone they suck. So go get some talent and make your own sculpt and show that bum Arnie Kim how it's done. Because of course your work is so much better than his.

As an artist I can tell you I completely understand constructive criticism. And if I was doing that sculpt for HT, there's no way in hell I would've let that sculpt go and allow my name to be put on it with how inaccurate it is and the price they're asking. If you'd spent any time reading most everybody's posts, instead of throwing on the Underoos and tying a sheet around your neck to come to Arnie's defense, you would've read that it's pretty much agreed around the board that Arnie is awesome when it comes to Bruce Lee. He just can't seem to nail ford despite a second attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back