Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I admit I preordered through Sideshow. Why, I guess I'm hoping they vastly improve the figure before release. I'm also willing to gamble $20 on it if I do end up canceling when new pics are released. I'm happy with the SS custom I made, but either HT is gonna surprise everyone or it'll be a disaster for them. Like I said before, I think if the figure doesn't improve many others will be doing as I plan and the money HT will have spent on a warehouse full of unsold Indy figs could hurt their wallet. Could be a hard way to learn a lesson, hopefully they surprise us all.

If online retailers that also sell parts get them in but have cancelled orders, it's a safe bet they'd make their money back by parting them out. If it's a whole new body then they'd definitely shift them as people could put SSC sculpts on them. The gear is a dead cert as well, the map room outfit certainly. So, all may not yet be lost for HT.

CHEERS!

Anybody else think lightening his eyes helps? --

eyes-lighter.jpg

Not really, it does nothing to improve the likeness.

CHEERS!

True, but I am kind of weird about keeping my figures pretty much stock. I'm not against making little tweaks here and there to them, but I like to keep them pretty much original, nothing I can't undo I guess. I do have the SS Indy, as well as the Medicom Raiders Indy. I also have a custom Indy that I did myself, back in the day, and I am considering upgrading him at some point. Don't get me wrong, there are some fantastic repaints and customs on here and at some point I'd like to pick up an extra SS Indy to tinker with.

Fair play if that's what you like and far be it from us to persuade you otherwise.

CHEERS!

If online retailers that also sell parts get them in but have cancelled orders, it's a safe bet they'd make their money back by parting them out. If it's a whole new body then they'd definitely shift them as people could put SSC sculpts on them. The gear is a dead cert as well, the map room outfit certainly. So, all may not yet be lost for HT.

CHEERS!

Yes and no. His satchel is garbage (cheap pleather strap :lol), shirt will likely be too big, the Jacket isn't much better than Hasbro's, the belt is the completely wrong color, gun belt and holster couldn't be more inaccurate if they'd used a modern tactical belt and Bianchi holster, whip looks silly, the pants look like tan jeans and the hat is all kinds of wrong. When you subtract all that with two headsculpts w/PERS that'll sit at $50+ due to the poor likeness, even considering the wholesale price, I'm not sure a breakdown retailer can make their money back selling the rest.

When you look at it like that.... ouch.

Is everything really that bad, we've only seen what they knocked together for the show. We'll see I guess...

CHEERS!

Hope HT pulls this figure out of its epic nose dive soon or this'll be one for the 1/6th ages.
"Gramps, tell me again about the great HT Indy f#$& up of 2011."
Gramps reaches for his heart meds, pops some nitroglycerine past his dentures.
"Well Billy, it all started with a one hit wonder named Arnie and it went down hill after that..."

"Gee, what did President Schwarzenegger do that was so bad!?"

"Not him silly, Arnie Kim, he made Bruce Lee heads once..."

CHEERS!

You guys dissing this figure are weird :)

I've seen in another thread thenam and marf discussing stuff and somehow this figure came up and how it's horrible, arnie kim is a one trick pony, etc. So i rushed in here expecting to see a trainwreck. And this figure isn't one. Sure, likeness could be well improved, but everything else (the backdrop with the idol look ace) is looking good.

Most of the people discussing the HT Indy already own at least one previous Indy figure, most of them Sideshow. So the only reason to buy the HT Indy would be if they saw merit as an upgrade. They don't. They are discussing why.

If you are happy welcome to the .01% club. You might consider a pre-order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back