Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a moronic, drama queen's perception if I've ever read one. First your argument was that I hate Andy Kim and Hot Toys. When that backfired, now I'm here to solely destroy this thread? :lol

I'm not here to "destroy" this thread. If that were the case I would've gotten it locked with a huge flame war responding to Kuzeh's numerous and repeated childish provocations. That's not the case. You've no less right to pop in here and crank HT's shaft than I do to reiterate what I find wrong with the figure. If it's bothering you, I'd suggest either putting me on ignore or just not coming back until there's an official update. But even then, I'm not going anywhere. Should HT do the work needed (and it's a lot), I'll be more than happy to buy it. If they don't, I'll be more than happy to publicly call them on a figure that doesn't match the standard they set and really isn't worthy of belonging in their library.

Call me a "moronic, drama queen" all you like. I'm not going anywhere. I guess I'll just keep cranking, cause I like what I'm seeing thus far. ;)

Call me a "moronic, drama queen" all you like. I'm not going anywhere. I guess I'll just keep cranking, cause I like what I'm seeing thus far. ;)

Then deal with it. And I didn't call you anything in that post. I commented on the eccentric language of your posts. :dunno :lol

mecht1a.jpg

I didn't realize HT had a True Type with a sculpted neck! They totally should have used this body instead of the Wolverine body! Besides it being so extra bulky, it also has limited elbow articulation. Raiders Indy is pretty covered up, so the Mech Test Tony would be perfect since the neck and upper chest is sculpted.

I'm no Indy fan. My eye for detail isn't as sharp as some other folks' on this board. But even I can see that this figure, at north of $230, is a slap in the face for collectors. I am glad that there are people on this board who are prepared to call a turd a turd, and for as long as HT seem capable of offering up an Indiana Jones that bears little resemblance to Harrison Ford, I am happy for them to be doing it.

Seriously, when a figure is this crap, what else is there to talk about?

I didn't realize HT had a True Type with a sculpted neck! They totally should have used this body instead of the Wolverine body! Besides it being so extra bulky, it also has limited elbow articulation. Raiders Indy is pretty covered up, so the Mech Test Tony would be perfect since the neck and upper chest is sculpted.

I picked up a loose one of those for my MKIII head and bashed a Tony with it. As for Indy, it just won't work. The reactor sits too high on his chest (unless you want to remove it and sculpt over it but then you'd still need to pop off the forearms and replace them with regular TT forearms).

Please... agree to disagree and respect one another's opinions.

I'm incrdedibly disappointed with this offering. Discuss.

Why would you use Iron Man? What about James Dean, Legolas, Ezio, Goamn guy etc? There is no heart crystal thing.

RF and Nam, I wasn't planning on using that body. I was thinking HT should use this Mech Test Tony body with a sculpted neck for Indy instead of the Wolverine muscle body because the Tony Stark one has better arm articulation. It's also not as bulky and would suit Indy better. I figured the only reason they were using the Wolvie body was because of the sculpted neck and chest. But we all see how unsuitable it is for Indy, and robs him of some arm articulation. I didn't realize HT had another sculpted neck body that was more like their regular True Types with the great arm articulation.

RF and Nam, I wasn't planning on using that body. I was thinking HT should use this Mech Test Tony body with a sculpted neck for Indy instead of the Wolverine muscle body because the Tony Stark one has better arm articulation. It's also not as bulky and would suit Indy better. I figured the only reason they were using the Wolvie body was because of the sculpted neck and chest. But we all see how unsuitable it is for Indy, and robs him of some arm articulation. I didn't realize HT had another sculpted neck body that was more like their regular True Types with the great arm articulation.

I dunno. Ford's a hairy beast. I don't knock them for reusing Wolverine's hirstute body given it's already made, but they should've made the head a bit bigger to look normal on the neck and given the body's a reuse, that should've shaved something off the price. Neither is the case which contributes to the issues against the figure. :huh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back