Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My collection is at something like 9k. Yup... 9K! Got another 1.5k on pre-order (thor,kevin/sam flynn, ghost rider, spiderman, Indy, Mk 5 & 6)
Ouch.
DetolfUpdateB0003.jpg

OT, but yeah, I've sunk a lot in figures over the past couple of years. Right now, you can find most "regular" HT figs for around $150-$160 shipped in the US if you PO, take advantage of sales, promos, fortuitous ebay auctions etc.. If the prices go over $200 for the average figure, then I'm done.

Yea people say that but to be totally honest with you it just isn't the case. It will not stack up with the other customs I have at all. Even after several revisions using parts of every Indy Sideshow ever released, Raiders, Skull, German Disguise.

Sideshow's pants are decent aside from the fact they button in the rear like child pajamas. The shirt is a trainwreck, it has little pearl balls instead of buttons, its incredibly poorly assembled, very thin. The jacket looks like a windbreaker instead of leather. The belts are garbage, they just come undone and fall under the weight of the whip and gun,if you can actually get the whip holster closed since most of the magnets were placed incorrectly.

The head looks ok with a repaint. Probably about as off as this one though. Honestly thats it. Maybe with a ton of futzing you can make it look good in a photo but having owned them all, I simply will not believe you if you try to tell me you can move and pose him without everything coming apart, falling off, or looking goofy.

You want very nice, you need to go the Ray F. route, Kato clothes, MFisher belts, rescaled PF head, total price $about $700.

Mine won't have set me back that much. I bought the Relic Hunter when it was around £40, at the time I was using DML and BBI figures for Indy's and again they were £40 each. The SSC Indy was about £70, the SteveO belt set was around £30 as was the Ezio body. I'd say that round about a boxed HT MM price would be what I've spent, and that is as much as I'll ever want to spend on him.

CHEERS!

Finally someone that loves hot toys but can tell the truth. Hot toys is starting to charge HUGE amounts of money for the figures that should normally cost 180 to 190 dollars. I paid for my hot toys bruce lee ex figure through ss for 219.99. Now thats 2 bruce lee figures one bd and non bd with 2 dx heads and 2 different costumes and 2 different backgrounds. I want the indy but I feel that hot toys is charging an astronomical price for their figures. Thor is 159.99 but the pred tracker is 230.00??? Soon collectors that bought figures from the day one are not going to afford the high prices. I mean I want thor spiderman indy ghost rider tron cycle for a grand total of 1120.00 and thats not including shipping. then you have the collectors that are buying for investment that dump the figures for 3X the amount there really worth. I love my hot toys but I dont feel that a hot toys joker dx is worth 600.00 this hobby is starting to turn into an obsession that will bankrupt me LOL. Come on guys tell me what you think.

Benjamin

For me to blow $250 on any figure it'd have to be something really special, which, at the end of the day, the HT Indy isn't. When the SSC one came out I thought that was overpriced for what it was, but, what it was was a 1/6th Indiana Jones and just had to be bought.

CHEERS!

My collection is at something like 9k. Yup... 9K! Got another 1.5k on pre-order (thor,kevin/sam flynn, ghost rider, spiderman, Indy, Mk 5 & 6)
Ouch.
DetolfUpdateB0003.jpg

Now thats how to display a 1/6 collection...and what a collection at that. :drool

:exactly:

At $90 or $250, the Hasbro Indy is unacceptable, but at $20 he ain't bad. Even has electronics. :)

Sure, there's an improvement in the HT version, but a $230 quantum leap? It just isn't there, esp with all the inaccuracies.

I see nothing is happening here as usual.

I don't think anyone should be expecting a huge improvement over what has been already shown and pre-ordered (thanks to all those who pre-ordered inferior HT effort).

At best, a few things will be "tweaked" and it will take a good eye to spot it.

If you like what you've seen so far, then you will be happy with the final product.

Me... no likey.

I imagine this will be found at bargain prices after a few months of its release but even after a substantial price reduction it will still cost $150...which is where it should have started at.

...I imagine this will be found at bargain prices after a few months of its release but even after a substantial price reduction it will still cost $150...which is where it should have started at.

That's probably going to end up being a pretty accurate estimate.

As far as Indy's go, I had my own custom Indy for many years, prior to SS's release. In the end, I ended up taking select pieces from the SS figure and adding them to my custom (and not the other way around).

I'll be doing the same with the HT release. Parts, here and there, to update my custom Indy.

I have serious doubts of this one going into the bargain bin... but if you want to take the risk...

For me to blow $250 on any figure it'd have to be something really special, which, at the end of the day, the HT Indy isn't. When the SSC one came out I thought that was overpriced for what it was, but, what it was was a 1/6th Indiana Jones and just had to be bought.

CHEERS!

Yes we know!!:slap:slap

You have told us over and over again.

MOVE ON and GET OVER IT!!

:thud::thud:

The way the figure looks right now, I wouldn't pay $100 for it.

I'd be buying a bill for replacement parts.

As someone who's satisfied with the SSC version, I'd hate to drop 250 on this, only to discover HT is making a TOD version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back