Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mech Test Tony body that is in Bandito's pic is actually the Assassin's Creed Ezio body with a hole in his chest for that socket thing. It even has the extended ankle cups. Here's a pic:

IMG_8410-horz.jpg

I'm using this body on my Indy, I repainted the upper torso and gave him some chest hair. He's too tall with the Ezio lower legs so I put some from a normal TT on it instead.

CHEERS!

Awesome! Thanks guys! I really think this should have been the body to use for Indy!

Can't wait to see your custom, Rogerbee!

Shouldn't be too much longer, I'm waiting on a belt set from SteveO, once that's here I'm good to roll.

It is a great body for Indy, save for the lower legs, with standard length legs it's fine.

CHEERS!

The Mech Test Tony body that is in Bandito's pic is actually the Assassin's Creed Ezio body with a hole in his chest for that socket thing. It even has the extended ankle cups. Here's a pic:

IMG_8410-horz.jpg

I'm using this body on my Indy, I repainted the upper torso and gave him some chest hair. He's too tall with the Ezio lower legs so I put some from a normal TT on it instead.

CHEERS!

That's awesome!

Awesome! Thanks guys! I really think this should have been the body to use for Indy!

Can't wait to see your custom, Rogerbee!

Seriously! :slap

Just so you know that you guys have been mentioned in the HT Bruce Lee thread. :lol

I've been waiting for an Indy for a long time but at this price point and problems with this figure, I just decided to get the PF and am more than happy with it as a representation of Indy in my collection. No DX indy for me !

I've been waiting for an Indy for a long time but at this price point and problems with this figure, I just decided to get the PF and am more than happy with it as a representation of Indy in my collection. No DX indy for me !

Yeah, I'm SERIOUSLY thinking of passing on this figure the more I think about it. I'm not sure I need Indy in my collection, not unless HT is going to wow me.

Up until now, I was thinking I'd get it because, well, I'd just be settling for what's available. But why should I do that?

Yeah, I'm SERIOUSLY thinking of passing on this figure the more I think about it. I'm not sure I need Indy in my collection, not unless HT is going to wow me.

Up until now, I was thinking I'd get it because, well, I'd just be settling for what's available. But why should I do that?

Indy was a must in my collection and I wasn't just going to settle for anything. For the price we pay we shouldn't have to "settle" for anything. Actually I'm pulling away from HT more and more since their pricepoint is starting to be ridiculous for a plastic toy.

This will be the biggest Hot Toys flop EVER if he ships like he looks now.

Seems like 1 out of 10 people like it and everyone else has problems.

Having just watched 3 Indy movies back to back yesterday in the hospital I can assure you I have no idea who they modeled this figure after, but it aint the star of Raiders, Temple or Crusade.

If you go to the Custom thread you'll see that nobody has to settle for the DX. There are ways everyone can get an Indy they're happy with. It depends on your talent and your budget as to how you go about it.

CHEERS!

If you go to the Custom thread you'll see that nobody has to settle for the DX. There are ways everyone can get an Indy they're happy with. It depends on your talent and your budget as to how you go about it.

CHEERS!

Yea I already sunk $500 into a custom Indy, I'm done with that.

I wanted a nice all in one package and its now evident that will never ever ever happen, ever. No one has ever done the Indy license justice and it's just a giant ____ing shame.

It must be good if you spent that much. The SSC one can be turned into a very nice figure without that much expense. Mind you, I already had many of the best parts from previous Indys before I got the SSC one, so I had a bit of a head start.

CHEERS!

It must be good if you spent that much. The SSC one can be turned into a very nice figure without that much expense. Mind you, I already had many of the best parts from previous Indys before I got the SSC one, so I had a bit of a head start.

CHEERS!

Yea people say that but to be totally honest with you it just isn't the case. It will not stack up with the other customs I have at all. Even after several revisions using parts of every Indy Sideshow ever released, Raiders, Skull, German Disguise.

Sideshow's pants are decent aside from the fact they button in the rear like child pajamas. The shirt is a trainwreck, it has little pearl balls instead of buttons, its incredibly poorly assembled, very thin. The jacket looks like a windbreaker instead of leather. The belts are garbage, they just come undone and fall under the weight of the whip and gun,if you can actually get the whip holster closed since most of the magnets were placed incorrectly.

The head looks ok with a repaint. Probably about as off as this one though. Honestly thats it. Maybe with a ton of futzing you can make it look good in a photo but having owned them all, I simply will not believe you if you try to tell me you can move and pose him without everything coming apart, falling off, or looking goofy.

You want very nice, you need to go the Ray F. route, Kato clothes, MFisher belts, rescaled PF head, total price $about $700.

Last edited:
I cant believe Hot Toys will release the figure in its current state. The reaction has created such a sheet storm it's impossible that Hot Toys haven't got wind of it. I'd like to think that this license and fan base would make it an absolute necessity for them to deliver nothing short of perfection. Their rep will take a battering if they don't...Same with their Bruce Lee and Chris Reeves Supes figures.

Yea people say that but to be totally honest with you it just isn't the case. It will not stack up with the other customs I have at all. Even after several revisions using parts of every Indy Sideshow ever released, Raiders, Skull, German Disguise.

Sideshow's pants are decent aside from the fact they button in the rear like child pajamas. The shirt is a trainwreck, it has little pearl balls instead of buttons, its incredibly poorly assembled, very thin. The jacket looks like a windbreaker instead of leather. The belts are garbage, they just come undone and fall under the weight of the whip and gun,if you can actually get the whip holster closed since most of the magnets were placed incorrectly.

The head looks ok with a repaint. Probably about as off as this one though. Honestly thats it. Maybe with a ton of futzing you can make it look good in a photo but having owned them all, I simply will not believe you if you try to tell me you can move and pose him without everything coming apart, falling off, or looking goofy.

You want very nice, you need to go the Ray F. route, Kato clothes, MFisher belts, rescaled PF head, total price $about $700.

Wow.
Is yours put together like that? Could you post pics? I'd love to see it!
Thanks!

Personally I don't feel like you need to spend that much money to do an amazing custom. My case is a repainted sideshow head, mfisher belt, holster, and whip, sovereign studios jacket, saturday toys body. $270 of mods plus the cost of the original figure totals a $320 custom figure for me. Done.

5bb2c2a0.jpg

3e2933d5.jpg

a6d7e664.jpg

Kato's clothes are nice, but are too expensive if you ask me so I'm happy to keep sideshow's pants and shirt.

Finally someone that loves hot toys but can tell the truth. Hot toys is starting to charge HUGE amounts of money for the figures that should normally cost 180 to 190 dollars. I paid for my hot toys bruce lee ex figure through ss for 219.99. Now thats 2 bruce lee figures one bd and non bd with 2 dx heads and 2 different costumes and 2 different backgrounds. I want the indy but I feel that hot toys is charging an astronomical price for their figures. Thor is 159.99 but the pred tracker is 230.00??? Soon collectors that bought figures from the day one are not going to afford the high prices. I mean I want thor spiderman indy ghost rider tron cycle for a grand total of 1120.00 and thats not including shipping. then you have the collectors that are buying for investment that dump the figures for 3X the amount there really worth. I love my hot toys but I dont feel that a hot toys joker dx is worth 600.00 this hobby is starting to turn into an obsession that will bankrupt me LOL. Come on guys tell me what you think.

Benjamin

Indy was a must in my collection and I wasn't just going to settle for anything. For the price we pay we shouldn't have to "settle" for anything. Actually I'm pulling away from HT more and more since their pricepoint is starting to be ridiculous for a plastic toy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back