Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put him in the "cape out/gliding" pose for the first time the other day....

...It's a _____ to get him to hold it right....

Indeed it is. I can't count how many times he dropped the rods when I was working on my flight pose. :banghead:

how wrong they were.

what i love about keaton is not only how he carried himself in the suit but how he looked in the cowl. you almost get the feeling its clcint eatwood in there. his cold creepy stare with the blue eyes, and those very distinctive lips, he just looks like how i picture batman. keaton is simply the best for me!

whats funny is that there were days where keaton would feel really weird wearing the batsuit, like he would get that "what we're doin is actually pretty silly" kinda feeling, which i can imagine a serious actor would feel after a while. but when watching the movie you'd never guess that. he just seems so natural in it, more then any of the other bat actors.

1252925390.jpg

Can't seem to post it in its original size, so PM me if you want one through email.

Wow, the Batmobile really looks short from this angle / lens distortion.

Indeed it is. I can't count how many times he dropped the rods when I was working on my flight pose. :banghead:

Was it a mistake? Couldn't be right? Not that many.

While watching HBO last night...Trivia says that Marvel received 50,000 mail protest on choosing Keaton as Batman...Is this true?

I don't know about how many mail protest there were but I know when it was release that Keaton would be Batman there was an uproar. Keaton is a small guy that just recently played in Beetlejuice. Burton saw something in him and we benefited from it. I thought he was a great Batman. I have mixed feelings about him as Bruce Wayne but I don't think he was a bad Wayne either like others think.

Yes, yes I was actually. Spent 3 months re-landscaping my front yard among other projects.

I hope you'll excuse me - when I posted that I had just received the figure myself and upon opening it I couldn't fathom how anyone could have it and sit on it for any period of time. It really lives up to the masterpiece in MMS.

how wrong they were.

what i love about keaton is not only how he carried himself in the suit but how he looked in the cowl. you almost get the feeling its clcint eatwood in there. his cold creepy stare with the blue eyes, and those very distinctive lips, he just looks like how i picture batman. keaton is simply the best for me!

whats funny is that there were days where keaton would feel really weird wearing the batsuit, like he would get that "what we're doin is actually pretty silly" kinda feeling, which i can imagine a serious actor would feel after a while. but when watching the movie you'd never guess that. he just seems so natural in it, more then any of the other bat actors.

In the interviews he gave I always found him kinda showing a lack of respect for it actually, and a lack of respect for fans, like he thought they were all a bunch of freaks.

Today, I still think he played a great Batman...but at the same time I'm not sure he was ever suited to the role. I just can't help but notice how small he is and his curly hair and everything....he really was a bizarre choice. I really like his acting as Batman and Wayne though and he looked cool in the costume.

In the interviews he gave I always found him kinda showing a lack of respect for it actually, and a lack of respect for fans, like he thought they were all a bunch of freaks.

Today, I still think he played a great Batman...but at the same time I'm not sure he was ever suited to the role. I just can't help but notice how small he is and his curly hair and everything....he really was a bizarre choice. I really like his acting as Batman and Wayne though and he looked cool in the costume.

Your right. Quite the opposite to Nicholson when in interviews. At least the ones I've seen. And yes, he was a bizarre choice. I love him as Batman and he looks great in the suit but just looking at him?? No, I don't think I would have cast him.

With Keaton I can buy an orphan who dedicates his life to fighting crime out of some sick, psychotic compulsion. You can tell Batman is Bruce Wayne's therapy his way of coping with the trauma. Keaton is definitely not the likeliest choice, but I think in 1988 or whatever that was sort of the point. Big action stars were out and guys like Bruce Willis and Keaton were in. I know in the 80s I wouldn't have been, "Oh yeah, KEATON should be Batman". No way. Once you see him though it's sort of hard to think of someone else in those movies.

As for Keaton's "enthusiasm", yeah in his interviews it does seem like he thinks the whole thing is a friggin' joke and the fans are pieces of ____. But it sort of goes back and forth. Those interviews on the DVD/Blu Ray were from the late 80s/early 90s where he sort of had this "see, I proved you _____es wrong" attitude. Why not? When he was announced everyone absolutely despised the idea until pics and the trailer were shown, similar to Heath Ledger and the Joker.

Recently it looks like he looks back fondly on the whole thing. He must have had some enthusiasm for it to make such a good Batman.

https://herocomplex.latimes.com/201...-dark-knight-and-a-lost-scene-from-1989-film/

https://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/05/17/michael-keaton-looks-back-on-batman-talks-cut-scenes/

Got your point guys, actually its quite odd to suddenly HBO flashes the trivia on the screen and come to think of it, these protest letters are in a form of snail mail and not the emails....that quite a mouthful if your Marvel to handle...

With Keaton I can buy an orphan who dedicates his life to fighting crime out of some sick, psychotic compulsion. You can tell Batman is Bruce Wayne's therapy his way of coping with the trauma. Keaton is definitely not the likeliest choice, but I think in 1988 or whatever that was sort of the point. Big action stars were out and guys like Bruce Willis and Keaton were in. I know in the 80s I wouldn't have been, "Oh yeah, KEATON should be Batman". No way. Once you see him though it's sort of hard to think of someone else in those movies.

As for Keaton's "enthusiasm", yeah in his interviews it does seem like he thinks the whole thing is a friggin' joke and the fans are pieces of ____. But it sort of goes back and forth. Those interviews on the DVD/Blu Ray were from the late 80s/early 90s where he sort of had this "see, I proved you _____es wrong" attitude. Why not? When he was announced everyone absolutely despised the idea until pics and the trailer were shown, similar to Heath Ledger and the Joker.

Recently it looks like he looks back fondly on the whole thing. He must have had some enthusiasm for it to make such a good Batman.

https://herocomplex.latimes.com/201...-dark-knight-and-a-lost-scene-from-1989-film/

https://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/05/17/michael-keaton-looks-back-on-batman-talks-cut-scenes/

I liked those, thank you. :clap

However, they do mention BATMAN as the father or forebear of modern superhero movies...but would that not actually be SUPERMAN: THE MOVIE? Not that I actually have a problem with either film, I loved them both, just saying.

I hope you'll excuse me - when I posted that I had just received the figure myself and upon opening it I couldn't fathom how anyone could have it and sit on it for any period of time. It really lives up to the masterpiece in MMS.

i know what your saying, but personally i thought he took it as its a fun part to play because of the fact your covered up completely. and lets face it, if you were in a movie where you were wearing 100 pounds of rubber and you had to act all serious in this batsuit thing, with 2 other people also wearing silly costumes, i think after a while you just have to laugh at the absurdness. i like his attitude. its obvious he respected the character, but he still knows when to stand back and go "hey its just a cartoon character". despite all this, he gave a great performance, and though he was a strange cast, he is still the slickest batman thats ever been and still considered by many to be the best screen batman. its because of his oddities that he makes the perfect offbeat bruce wayne/batman. somehow i buy that he could be batman over the other pretty boy muscle guys. plus i just like keaton as an actor by himself way more then val kilmer or christian bale. i can watch him in anything just about, hes hilarious.

Last edited:
i dont think he ever had a bad attitude about the films, i just think he was kinda jaded at the time because all people could say to him was "hey batman!" instead of seeing his other acting work and other roles as well. i guess if i were a serious actor i'd feel the same way. he was the first hollywood actor to portray this character in a serious way, so even today he is still remembered more for batman because he changed the way people looked at batman. kilmer clooney bale, they all originated from what keaton and burton did so they owe them alot.

I haven't seen B&R in years so I may be remembering wrong but of all of them Clooney's is the most far removed - I don't think he even changed his voice when in the batsuit. I find it wierd to think that Clooney played Batman actually.

I haven't seen B&R in years so I may be remembering wrong but of all of them Clooney's is the most far removed - I don't think he even changed his voice when in the batsuit. I find it wierd to think that Clooney played Batman actually.

I have to say that I agree. Whilst I like GL and what he does....BATMAN? Not really, no.

Back